Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2014 5:32:12 PM EDT
Hey, so I am building my first AR15 (gun in general) and of course that means im gonna need some magazines, well I already know to get PMAGs and all that, but one time on here i was strongly recommended (by a few people) to load up on cheap USGI mags (like $7-9 a pop). That made total sense, but recently since putting my list together of parts/components/accessories to buy for the AR build, i came across these: AR15 Mags with Battleship Gray Finish, Magpul Enhanced Follower, 30 rnd, 10 pack, $99.

•  AR15 Magazines with BATTLESHIP-GRAY Finish, Magpul ENHANCED Follower, 30 Round - 10 Pack -GRAY
    The New Battleship Gray finish is a durable 2 part catalyzed painted finish.
    Some Magpul followers are green and some Magpul followers are yellow.
    These Battleship Gray No-Ban (30 round) magazines are considered some of the BEST AR15, M4, M16 magazines made. The quality and reliability of D&H Industries (formerly known as LaBelle) mags is always excellent. These mags are manufactured on the original LaBelle tooling. Current production.
    They have the Magpul ENHANCED Followers-Could be YELLOW or GRAY. NO HANDPICKING. The new Mags do not come in a plastic wrap. These GI mags stamped with the date of manufacturer on left side of magazine body and the contractors government CAGE code (04TQ4 - D&H Industries) on right side of magazine body. These are NOT LE marked on the magazine body and do NOT have the LE restricted floorplates.
    These can not be shipped to CA, NJ, NY, MA, HI or any other restricted states.
    10 Pack with Special Quantity Pricing !!

I did read that the "grey" paint comes off really easy on the Battleship Grey mags, so there is also this option: AR15 Mags with Black Teflon finish, Magpul Enhanced Gen 3 Follwers, 30 rnd, 10 pack $139

•  AR15 Magazines with BLACK Teflon Finish, Magpul ENHANCED Follower, 30 Round - 10 Pack - BLACK
    With Magpul ENHANCED Followers - GEN 3!
    These BLACK Teflon No-Ban (30 round) magazines are considered some of the BEST AR15, M4, M16 magazines made. The quality and reliability of D&H Industries (formerly known as LaBelle) mags is always excellent. These mags are manufactured on the original LaBelle tooling. Current production. Teflon finish is on the interior and exterior of magazine.
    They have the Magpul Enhanced Followers. The new Teflon Mags do not come in a plastic wrap. These GI mags stamped with the date of manufacturer on left side of magazine body and the contractors government CAGE code (04TQ4 - D&H Industries) on right side of magazine body. These are NOT LE marked on the magazine body and do NOT have the LE restricted floorplates. D&H Industries stamps the floorplates with Bravo Co text.
    10 Pack with Special Quantity Pricing!!

If anyone has any experience with either i'd love to hear your thoughts. Or if there are alternatives or whatever advice/tips/opinions you want to give i'd appreciate your input.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#1]
They're good to go.  I organized a group buy of these mags on another board - 4 cases of 100 mags.  No complaints.

I've run ~500 rounds through them with no issues.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 6:11:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're good to go.  I organized a group buy of these mags on another board - 4 cases of 100 mags.  No complaints.

I've run ~500 rounds through them with no issues.
View Quote

Awesome! Do you (or anyone else) have any thoughts on what i mentioned regarding the gray paint job? (That it comes off easily) And if so, is it worth getting the $140 black (Teflon) versions with the Gen 3 Magpul Enhanced Follower? (I assume the Gray $99 mags are not Gen 3 considering it doesnt say anywhere that they are, and it does specifically say that the Black ones are). Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a 10 pack of the light gray one's about a year ago.  They are made by D&H.  Mine had yellow magpul followers, and were GTG.

edit:  I couldn't tell you about the quality of the finish, since I painted all mine.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:25:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I bought a 10 pack of the light gray one's about a year ago.  They are made by D&H.  Mine had yellow magpul followers, and were GTG.

edit:  I couldn't tell you about the quality of the finish, since I painted all mine.
View Quote

Is D&H a good company? I assume it is by how you said it. What did you paint yours with?
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#5]
D&H is gtg
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:45:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hey, so I am building my first AR15 (gun in general) and of course that means im gonna need some magazines, well I already know to get PMAGs and all that, but one time on here i was strongly recommended (by a few people) to load up on cheap USGI mags (like $7-9 a pop). That made total sense, but recently since putting my list together of parts/components/accessories to buy for the AR build, i came across these: AR15 Mags with Battleship Gray Finish, Magpul Enhanced Follower, 30 rnd, 10 pack, $99.

•  AR15 Magazines with BATTLESHIP-GRAY Finish, Magpul ENHANCED Follower, 30 Round - 10 Pack -GRAY
    These Battleship Gray No-Ban (30 round) magazines are considered some of the BEST AR15, M4, M16 magazines made. The quality and reliability of D&H Industries (formerly known as LaBelle) mags is always excellent. These mags are manufactured on the original LaBelle tooling. Current production.
    They have the Magpul ENHANCED Followers-Could be YELLOW or GRAY. NO HANDPICKING. The new Mags do not come in a plastic wrap. These GI mags stamped with the date of manufacturer on left side of magazine body and the contractors government CAGE code (04TQ4 - D&H Industries) on right side of magazine body. These are NOT LE marked on the magazine body and do NOT have the LE restricted floorplates.

I did read that the "grey" paint comes off really easy on the Battleship Grey mags, so there is also this option: AR15 Mags with Black Teflon finish, Magpul Enhanced Gen 3 Follwers, 30 rnd, 10 pack $139

•  AR15 Magazines with BLACK Teflon Finish, Magpul ENHANCED Follower, 30 Round - 10 Pack - BLACK
    These BLACK Teflon No-Ban (30 round) magazines are considered some of the BEST AR15, M4, M16 magazines made. The quality and reliability of D&H Industries (formerly known as LaBelle) mags is always excellent. These mags are manufactured on the original LaBelle tooling. Current production. Teflon finish is on the interior and exterior of magazine.
    They have the Magpul Enhanced Followers. The new Teflon Mags do not come in a plastic wrap. These GI mags stamped with the date of manufacturer on left side of magazine body and the contractors government CAGE code (04TQ4 - D&H Industries) on right side of magazine body. These are NOT LE marked on the magazine body and do NOT have the LE restricted floorplates. D&H Industries stamps the floorplates with Bravo Co text.

If anyone has any experience with either i'd love to hear your thoughts. Or if there are alternatives or whatever advice/tips/opinions you want to give i'd appreciate your input.

Thanks!
View Quote

Here's my review:

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Here's my review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_hi7e-Yl4g

Awesome! Thanks. I watched it and its a solid review, looks like they are 100% good to go. I do think its worth asking (to you and anyone else who wants to respond) what are your thoughts (if any) on the Black Teflon Finish mags with "Gen 3 followers"? I mean they are $40 more...has anyone ever owned one? Thoughts?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Is D&H a good company? I assume it is by how you said it. What did you paint yours with?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I painted some with Rustoleum Camo (walmart), and some with aervoe.  As others already said, D&H is GTG.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#9]
FWIW I have a couple of the BCM mags you speak of and they have been good to go.  In own some D&H mags and my experience with them has been good to go also.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:28:47 AM EDT
[#10]
D&H=BCM=PSA=DSG=Windham

Probably others that I cant remember too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:44:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
D&H=BCM=PSA=DSG=Windham

Probably others that I cant remember too.
View Quote

Pretty much.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I would order the same Teflon D&H magazines for $7 each from PSA before ordering them from BCM.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/1239/category/198/
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I would order the same Teflon D&H magazines for $7 each from PSA before ordering them from BCM.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/1239/category/198/
View Quote

I realize the Mag is the same (Both made by D&H), and the paint jobs are both teflon black, but the followers, it just says Magpul Anti-Tilt follower, is that the same Gen 3 Magpul Follower mentioned on BCM?
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I realize the Mag is the same (Both made by D&H), and the paint jobs are both teflon black, but the followers, it just says Magpul Anti-Tilt follower, is that the same Gen 3 Magpul Follower mentioned on BCM?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Magpul only currently makes gen 3 followers. Even if somehow they were old stock with gen 1 or 2 Magpul followers, there would be no issues with them. But I can almost guarantee that with the panic of 2013, they're the latest follower.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Magpul only currently makes gen 3 followers. Even if somehow they were old stock with gen 1 or 2 Magpul followers, there would be no issues with them. But I can almost guarantee that with the panic of 2013, they're the latest follower.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome thank you! Now i just gotta decide on how much $ I want to spend (aka how many i want to buy).

BTW, while im here, talking/asking about magazines, odds are these wont be shot for a while, and even when they will be...i mean 7 or 10 mags? Its not like anyone can afford to dump ammo using every mag, so how should they be stored? Loaded or unloaded? To have their "life" be as extended as long as possible?
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#16]
I have about 125 mags. Roughly half are loaded and have been for about two years. No problems keeping them loaded. Cycling the spring is what wears them out.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have about 125 mags. Roughly half are loaded and have been for about two years. No problems keeping them loaded. Cycling the spring is what wears them out.
View Quote

Jeez 125 mags? Wow lol. Thats a lot. So i notice in the description of the mags on the PSA site, they say: "Follower: Magpul Foliage Green OR Yellow Anti-Tilt Follower"...i take it i dont get a choice which i get? Foliage Green or Yellow? I know its a bit nitpicky but id prefer the green by like 1000% so i thought id ask.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
this..same mags. If the followers in them are Magpul, which they are, they're good to go. No reason at all to pay twice as much for the same thing. I'd bet BCM isn't selling many of those these days.

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Jeez 125 mags? Wow lol. Thats a lot. So i notice in the description of the mags on the PSA site, they say: "Follower: Magpul Foliage Green OR Yellow Anti-Tilt Follower"...i take it i dont get a choice which i get? Foliage Green or Yellow? I know its a bit nitpicky but id prefer the green by like 1000% so i thought id ask.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My mag fort is miniscule compared to some around here. Yes I have mag envy!

Yes, it is either one, no choice. You may make a comment and tell them which you want and they may accommodate but I'd rather have the yellow personally. Much easier to tell that the mag is empty when in the rifle.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:28:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yes, it is either one, no choice. You may make a comment and tell them which you want and they may accommodate but I'd rather have the yellow personally. Much easier to tell that the mag is empty when in the rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its no big deal, i ordered the mags and what i get is what i get (that comment about the yellow follower is a good point). Thanks! Glad to have been recommended a different site with mega saving...now a site just needs to hurry up and put the MBUS Pro's (set) back on sale for $115!!! (PSA had a Daily Deal a month back for them at that price...upset i didnt pull the trigger on them).
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:25:32 AM EDT
[#21]
I got the Magazines and they look great, the followers are green (doesnt really matter, happy either way).
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top