Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/7/2014 4:13:59 AM EDT
I have a D&H that came with my BCM, has a BCM plate, and the cage code appears to be (letter) O4tQ4, or maybe (number)04tq4. I bought 14 more mags today with PSA plates, and the cage code appears to be the same, BUT when I was searching around on the internet for the D&H cage code I found multiple major websites (including PSA) who said their D&H mags are cage code Q4TQ4.

Also, two of the 15 D&H's that I now own have one style of imprint (I guess you could call it a font), and the other 13 have a different font. As far as finish and function, there doesn't seem to be a difference.

Any other D&H mag owners want to weigh in on this?

Barstow
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 4:28:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Q4TQ4 is the cage code for D&H. They manufacture all there magazines. The end plate is marked for whatever retailer is selling the D&H magazines you purchased. For instance I have a ton that say BCM and a ton that say DSG Arms... So there is nothing to be alarmed of.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 4:28:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Double Tap...
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 3:46:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's the imprints:

http://barstowcowboy.tumblr.com/image/97042312388

The one on the left is the one I recently bought that has the PSA floor plate, the one on the right is the one I've owned for a while with the BCM floor plate. Both are alike in every way except that they have different type settings, AND the recently acquired one has the type set that runs TO the floor plate, the one on the right has type set that runs AWAY from the floor plate. I've held jobs in manufacturing and based on my experience this is the kind of thing that wouldn't make it past quality control; there's always a right way to do stuff. Unless D&H makes stuff in different locations with different QC inspectors it makes me wonder if one of these is counterfeit.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:26:02 PM EDT
[#4]
The first character of the D&H Industries cage code is actually number zero, 04TQ4 look it up yourself at the Defense Logistics Agency, Logistics Information Service site www.dlis.dla.mil/BINCS.

I looked at most of my D&H mags (gray and black Teflon finish) and they all looked like your picture on the right side where the last number four, the top lines are joined together at the top point.

Your left pic shown the last number four top point are not together, there is a gap there which is different from the first number four, that is a strange difference and I had never seen it before.

I usually bought my D&H mags from Bravo Company, DSG Arms, Larue Tactical, and my very oldest first ones are from CDNN Sports way back in 2005.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's the imprints:

http://barstowcowboy.tumblr.com/image/97042312388

The one on the left is the one I recently bought that has the PSA floor plate, the one on the right is the one I've owned for a while with the BCM floor plate. Both are alike in every way except that they have different type settings, AND the recently acquired one has the type set that runs TO the floor plate, the one on the right has type set that runs AWAY from the floor plate. I've held jobs in manufacturing and based on my experience this is the kind of thing that wouldn't make it past quality control; there's always a right way to do stuff. Unless D&H makes stuff in different locations with different QC inspectors it makes me wonder if one of these is counterfeit.
View Quote

I'm going to guess that they use several sets of stamping equipment bought over the course of decades, and they'll have minor variations. The font size of their CAGE code isn't even a blip on their QC radar.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:16:13 PM EDT
[#6]
If they work well I guess it doesn't matter.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top