User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/23/2014 1:33:44 PM EDT
I purchased 2 coupler mags and 1 normal mag.  Link to their site
I shot 400 rounds out of these three mags today. I had no FTFs or problems with the bolt locking back. I had 4 different ARs to test them with. All ARs shoot perfect with these mags.

Mags I brought with me. I love how these mags are clear.

My first inspection of the mags I noticed the dust cover does not push down the top round like the Pmag dust covers do to relive pressure off of the feed lips. However I like these dust covers better then the pmag ones. They seem to be tighter, slimmer and wont pop off accidentally like my pmag ones do.

The rounds feed backwards from normal pmags and USGI mags. Just thought that was interesting not really a problem.

Base plate is really huge so double stack mag pouches may be a problem.

cool design on the bottom with easy tool-less removal.

The coupling part of the mags are super easy and quick to engage and remove. However if you remove them wrong you can damage the mags. A warning comes with each mag about this. I had an RSO come over and start playing with them and broke the coupler by pulling really hard to get them apart. The other side of the mag coupler works just fine still so I will use that.

Now for some bad things..............
They simply will not work with Seekins Lowers. The front stop hits long before the mag can seat. I actually gave it a few love taps and got it stuck pretty good but still would not seat.

]

If you flick the mag back and forth the rounds will shoot out of the mag like a rocket. I tried this with all the other mags I brought and nothing happened. This is the closest I could get with a pmag but they never came out.

One of the mags back over insersion stop was having problems with my Spikes lower and would not seat without a very hard tap to the floor plate. But the other mags were no problem. I kept removing it and putting it back in and it seems to of worked itself out. Maybe just a 100th of an inch of plastic that needed to be removed.

Overall I am very happy with these mags. They are a really cool concept and I will continue to shoot them at the range. Super happy I have had zero problems with these. For now though I will stick to my pmags for protection and for competition.
Please tell me what you think or your thoughts on them!
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:43:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got 8 of these mags 6 coupled and 2 non. I have been super busy so tonight when I get home I will play with them .

Imho these look very promising indeed.

Fwiw just remember magpul and lancer both went through several generations before their magazines were perfected . I have no doubt that these magazines will also need to be tweeked imho .

I will report back tomorrow on my opinions and observations.

OP thanks for the pics !!!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:12:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Nobody has any thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nobody has any thoughts?
View Quote

I am still at work so I have not had a chance to open my mags yet but based on your pics here goes .

1. The base plate is way to thick . Both magpul and lancer slimmed down their base plates. I think these will have a very hard time stacking inside pouches.

2. I really do like the coupler feature.

3. I am a bit worried that the rounds could just be shaken out the top. In your opinion was this because of a lack of spring pressure or because the lips were too soft or both?

4. sounds like you put a decent amount of rounds through them so function wise it seems like it's good to go.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Question Please:  Is there any markings on the mag that tell us where they were made? (China, USA, etc.)
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I am still at work so I have not had a chance to open my mags yet but based on your pics here goes .

1. The base plate is way to thick . Both magpul and lancer slimmed down their base plates. I think these will have a very hard time stacking inside pouches.

3. I am a bit worried that the rounds could just be shaken out the top. In your opinion was this because of a lack of spring pressure or because the lips were too soft or both?

4. sounds like you put a decent amount of rounds through them so function wise it seems like it's good to go.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nobody has any thoughts?

I think it was due to the feed lips being bendy mixed with the spring tension of a full mag. Thanks for the reply. I posted this morning and you have been the only one to comment so thank you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:56:26 PM EDT
[#6]
As I said before magpul and lancer went through several revisions and modifications before they perfected their design.

I have no doubt that this will also be the case with this new manufacture before they perfected design.

Are you sure that the cover did not take the stress off of the feed lips? if not that would surprise me it seems like it's the same type of concept as Magpul ?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Question Please:  Is there any markings on the mag that tell us where they were made? (China, USA, etc.)
View Quote

I have looked on the mags, the box each mag comes in and the website. I cant find anything that would indicate where they were made. Not sure if thats good or bad.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:59:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I spoke with the owner this week when I ordered some magazines and he said 100 percent made in America.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:01:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
As I said before magpul and lancer went through several revisions and modifications before they perfected their design.

I have no doubt that this will also be the case with this new manufacture before they perfected design.

Are you sure that the cover did not take the stress off of the feed lips? if not that would surprise me it seems like it's the same type of concept as Magpul ?
View Quote

They have a video on youtube that say their only purpose is to keep dust and dirt out. Plus they are clear so when you snap it on with rounds in the mag you can seen them not move.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I spoke with the owner this week when I ordered some magazines and he said 100 percent made in America.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have an account here and I ended up talking with them in another thread but it got deleted because they are not industry partners.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:59:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I've shot a whole bunch of rounds through these mags so far as I'm currently working on a review of my own.    0 issues to date.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:01:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've shot a whole bunch of rounds through these mags so far as I'm currently working on a review of my own.    0 issues to date.
View Quote

I follow you on youtube. Have you had any problems with seating on any lowers like my spikes and seekins?
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 1:45:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Fyi .

just got home I opened up the magazines all the magazines that I have molded on the side made in the USA.

also the boxes all say made in the USA.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:10:50 AM EDT
[#14]
They look interesting.It's always good to have 1 more option when you're buying mags.One problem they will have is the price--19.99/17.99.It's going to be a tough sell in todays market but I wish them the best.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:26:50 AM EDT
[#15]
How does the Gen 3 PMAG seat with the seekins lower?
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:09:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fyi .

just got home I opened up the magazines all the magazines that I have molded on the side made in the USA.

also the boxes all say made in the USA.

View Quote

Can you post a picture? I must be blind.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:11:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How does the Gen 3 PMAG seat with the seekins lower?
View Quote

They work great with no problems seating.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:13:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
They look interesting.It's always good to have 1 more option when you're buying mags.One problem they will have is the price--19.99/17.99.It's going to be a tough sell in todays market but I wish them the best.
View Quote

I got a $4 off code per mag from the manufacture. Not sure if I could post that on here. My last thread got nuked because of it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I picked up two of the non-coupler mags with the 20% off code and they have given me a good first impression. The top of the mag sais "proudly made in the USA" and the other side has silhouettes for 5.56x45 and 7.62x35. The baseplates are wide and they actually have a built in ridge that gives you a really good surface to grip. The rear spine of the mag is crystal clear and they drop free from my Spike and Mega lowers.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:30:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nobody has any thoughts?
View Quote

I f you don't need the interlock feature, what's the advantage over this?

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:04:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Supposedly the polymer is specifically designed for high impact resistance and is harder to crack than other polymer. I would like to see a independent torture test because the only test I know of was a drop test done by ETS. That test looked promising enough for my to try a couple.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Supposedly the polymer is specifically designed for high impact resistance and is harder to crack than other polymer. I would like to see a independent torture test because the only test I know of was a drop test done by ETS. That test looked promising enough for my to try a couple.
View Quote

I'll drop them on some concrete in my video.

To the earlier question---I haven't had any insertion issues but have only used them in S&W, PSA, & DD rifles so far.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:47:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

To the earlier question---I haven't had any insertion issues but have only used them in S&W, PSA, & DD rifles so far.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have tried it in a psa, cmmg, colt, seekin's, spikes, bushmaster and stag. Only had problems with the spikes but after ramming it in a dozen times it works fine now.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#24]
I shot 2 mags loaded 4 times each out of a full auto this weekend and didnt have any problems.  No misfeeds and bolt locked back each time.  GTG so far for me.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:33:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

http://dsgarms.com/content/images/thumbs/0007891_lancer-l5awm-556mm-30rd-mag.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nobody has any thoughts?

http://dsgarms.com/content/images/thumbs/0007891_lancer-l5awm-556mm-30rd-mag.png

There doesn't seem to be any advantage over Lancers or PMAGS (or even GI aluminum mags).
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There doesn't seem to be any advantage over Lancers or PMAGS (or even GI aluminum mags).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nobody has any thoughts?

They are designed not to break. They are a little more flexible then any other mag I have. Like Pmags and lancers are more brittle.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:15:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Okay, so they are designed not to break?

Have we seen a problem with PMags, lancers, tapco or hK polymer mags breaking?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:13:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nobody has any thoughts?

No advantage. Lancers are KING. HANDS DOWN
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:50:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nobody has any thoughts?

King of rust.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:09:36 AM EDT
[#32]
rust?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:23:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

King of rust.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nobody has any thoughts?

King of rust.

Proof? or get out of the tech forums..
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nobody has any thoughts?

King of rust.

If everything written on the "tech" forum has to come with proof this place is going to get very quiet.  This place has de-evolved into an opinion and fan site........
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If everything written on the "tech" forum has to come with proof this place is going to get very quiet.  This place has de-evolved into an opinion and fan site........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

King of rust.

So what exactly is making the claim of lancer's rusting without it every actually happening (that you can show to us) only to make others think something else is better? I would think that is the definition of a fanboys and opinion.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#36]
      <removed........Video is more suited for GD .........dpmmn>  
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:00:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So what exactly is making the claim of lancer's rusting without it every actually happening (that you can show to us) only to make others think something else is better? I would think that is the definition of a fanboys and opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

King of rust.

The fact that two of my three lancers rusted. Went shooting and threw my mags in my trunk. Came back a few months later and the feed lips on thetwo lancers were rusted. I live in a desert were it's over 100+ every day in the Summer.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#38]
This is a review thread. Leave a comment if it pertains to the review. Have an opinion that has nothing to do with this? Take it to GD.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 7:22:02 PM EDT
[#39]
4 of their mags coupled together. Because Murica!!

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:23:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
We are now industry partners on AR15.com. We will be active on these forums to answer any questions that may arise.

Also feel free to PM us or reach out to us in our own industry forum.

Thanks for all of the support.
View Quote

Sweet! Are you Eddie, the one that emailed me?
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:38:57 PM EDT
[#42]
How long are those mags?
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:24:05 AM EDT
[#43]

<---------------- I think we have a problem here!
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:03:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 2:15:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Hmm. Maybe I could be swayed from my Lancers with a free ETS sample.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 4:24:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Hmm stronger then lancers steel feedlips... now that is a claim I would love to see tested and proven.  Magpul tests theirs mags at some extreme circumstances and yet their polymer feedlips  and spines crack.

But tim will tell.

ETS you should look up the ultimate mag comparison on here and send that guy a few samples if he ever has time for round 2.

I am interested in what chemicals will destroy a metal feedlip but not a polymer
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

While the hybrid mags with steel feed lips are very robust, they are not without their drawbacks. The steel is not stainless, thus is very prone to rusting. The steel is also far less chemical resistant that our plastic.

When we started our design we thought if we could make an all plastic mag with feed lips that are tough enough to hang with the steel, that would be a victory because our plastic is more chemical resistant, and won't rust. Also, it's important to know that cyclical stress is an important factor for these feed lips. Each time a round is stripped off and the next round pops up, the feed lip see a good amount of cyclical stress. Over time and many cycles most materials will weaken and eventually fail. Now please understand we are talking about many thousands of cycles, but with that said, our material was testes at 1000 psi and it took 100,000,000 cycles before the plastic failed.

I can confidently say that our feed lips are are in fact tougher than the steel hybrid mags feed lips. We had to drop these mags on their lips from a lot higher than 6 feet, but the steel bent before ours (in fact, we haven't been able to get ours to break yet...). Now please understand one more thing, we are not at all saying that the hybrid mag is not tough enough, because it certainly is very impressive. We are just saying that our is as tough, and it won't rust.

The reason I'm getting into such detail is to make sure everyone understands that we have put a lot of thought and testing into these mags and we think our solution to the unique challenges presented for the AR mag is the best combination of toughness, chemical resistance, and thermal stability on the market today.(plus it's transparent)

And as far as the Lancer mag specifically is concerned, our mag without the coupler is several dollars cheaper than a lancer, so that's an advantage...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nobody has any thoughts?

While the hybrid mags with steel feed lips are very robust, they are not without their drawbacks. The steel is not stainless, thus is very prone to rusting. The steel is also far less chemical resistant that our plastic.

When we started our design we thought if we could make an all plastic mag with feed lips that are tough enough to hang with the steel, that would be a victory because our plastic is more chemical resistant, and won't rust. Also, it's important to know that cyclical stress is an important factor for these feed lips. Each time a round is stripped off and the next round pops up, the feed lip see a good amount of cyclical stress. Over time and many cycles most materials will weaken and eventually fail. Now please understand we are talking about many thousands of cycles, but with that said, our material was testes at 1000 psi and it took 100,000,000 cycles before the plastic failed.

I can confidently say that our feed lips are are in fact tougher than the steel hybrid mags feed lips. We had to drop these mags on their lips from a lot higher than 6 feet, but the steel bent before ours (in fact, we haven't been able to get ours to break yet...). Now please understand one more thing, we are not at all saying that the hybrid mag is not tough enough, because it certainly is very impressive. We are just saying that our is as tough, and it won't rust.

The reason I'm getting into such detail is to make sure everyone understands that we have put a lot of thought and testing into these mags and we think our solution to the unique challenges presented for the AR mag is the best combination of toughness, chemical resistance, and thermal stability on the market today.(plus it's transparent)

And as far as the Lancer mag specifically is concerned, our mag without the coupler is several dollars cheaper than a lancer, so that's an advantage...

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top