Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2014 9:34:12 PM EDT
Looking to pick up some .22 AR mags & have heard that the S&W 15-22 are the best.

Who has them for the best price?  How many rounds do they hold?
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking to pick up some .22 AR mags & have heard that the S&W 15-22 are the best.

View Quote

If you have a MP-15-22 they are.

All 22 mags are not interchangable.  You have to buy what your gun uses.   I will say that the bolt catch part of the MP-15-22 mags is kinda flimsy,,  broke it off yesterday,, now the bolt doesn't lock back after the last round
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 10:27:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boonie Packer makes an adapter that lets you use M&P 22 mags with CMMG bolts.

The 25 round mags are easy to find. Just look in the EE. 10 rounders are available too, although harder to find and usually priced crazy high. There's a guy on the EE now selling them for $30 something each.

I had some 10 rounders on backorder at Midway for a couple months and they just shipped a few days ago. They are listed as OOS- no backorder now though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 10:31:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The 25 round mags are easy to find. Just look in the EE. 10 rounders are available too, although harder to find and usually priced crazy high. There's a guy on the EE now selling them for $30 something each.

I had some 10 rounders on backorder at Midway for a couple months and they just shipped a few days ago. They are listed as OOS- no backorder now though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Learned something,, thanks
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 11:11:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes this was what I was going to do.  

But I thought it was the Redi-Mag that allowed you to use the S&W 15-22 mags?  Is the Boonie Packers just another company making the same thing?  Is it better than the Redi-Mag?

I found the 25 rounders on CTD for $14.77 - seems like the best price.  Probably pick up 5 at a time at that price.  (no sense in overpaying for a lower capacity mag )

Anyone see them for cheaper than that?
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#5]
This is what you want. Mine has worked flawlessly.

As far as price for the mags, that's about as cheap as I've seen them.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 3:39:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

But I thought it was the Redi-Mag that allowed you to use the S&W 15-22 mags?  Is the Boonie Packers just another company making the same thing?  Is it better than the Redi-Mag?

I found the 25 rounders on CTD for $14.77 - seems like the best price.  Probably pick up 5 at a time at that price.  (no sense in overpaying for a lower capacity mag )

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should pay an extra two dollars and order them from Trading Place Pawn. Just to save from giving CTD any business.

http://tradingplacepawn.com/smith-wesson-m-p15-22-22lr-25rd-magazine.html
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 4:20:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm pretty sure that Boonie-Packer is the name of the company that makes the "Redi-mag", so they are one in the same.  Confused me also when reading posts I kept thinking people were talking about two different products.

Midways redi-mag by Boonie Parker  ETA: per below post, this are NOT the .22 mag adapters, but the spare magazine holders.  Sorry for any confusion...
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#8]
You are correct that it's all the same company, but this is the adapter one seeks to run the 15-22 mags: Redi-Mag
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 4:35:47 AM EDT
[#9]
PSA has the s&w mags for $14.99
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 7:04:08 AM EDT
[#10]
not to threadjack but has anyone tried the Plinker tactical mags in the 15/22?

or have a better/easier way to load the mags? killing my fingers loading those things up when I go to the range. want to pick up a few extra mags and figure out an easier way to load them. about to go back to my 10/22 and loader.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 8:13:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Those useless mags almost require the long zip tie looking tool to load them and even then it's not that great. Just get the standard 15/22 mags, they're better in every way except they hold a few less rounds.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

or have a better/easier way to load the mags? killing my fingers loading those things up when I go to the range. want to pick up a few extra mags and figure out an easier way to load them. about to go back to my 10/22 and loader.
View Quote

Just to be sure, you are loading the mags by pushing down on the tabs on each side of the body and not just by putting downward pressure on the follower, right?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 6:24:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Just to be sure, you are loading the mags by pushing down on the tabs on each side of the body and not just by putting downward pressure on the follower, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The plinker tactical mags don't have those tabs.

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:28:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
PSA has the s&w mags for $14.99
View Quote

Good deal with the free shipping, thanks.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top