User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 6:13:56 AM EDT
[#1]

The WTF factor is certainly skyrocketing.

So how many Cproducts are there now? 3 or more?
LJC
Cproducts A
Cproducts B
ASC

Am I missing any? What a clusterfuck.

Creative Products.....

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#2]
First let me say, that I have several CProd mags, from earlier Series, I don´t use them hard, but I am quite happy with them.

I was TOTALLY unhappy with that Sh!t CS springs they used, but got very strong SS replacement springs for free ...

First: the use of "Cprod ... whatever":

they DID sell mags, and some are / were quite happy. They MADE a name in SS and 6.8 and 5.45 mags. Definitely!

So there´s a reason to not completely drop the name.

Second: TOTALLY ridiculous:

Larry ( od Chad?? ) says, he is promoting the new Cprod defense mags, but has no title and no ownership in the company.

Again: TOTALLY ridiculous!

I would not help anyone for free, who bought me out ( or my equipment )

and, as a new owner (who  does retooling! ): I would NOT do that, especially with troublesome mags, like 7.62 x 39 and 6.8 SPC, without any experts from the old CProd ... but perhaps not the Panka´s, but, at least some machinists or the technical Boss from earlier ... the people who REALLY have the clue, what´s important!

just my 2 cts, Hermann
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:03:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
I did not sell anything to Adel. He purchased the assets of C Products from the bank. I had nothing to do with the sale.

Aimless....I am doing what I enjoy most that is selling. I represent a number of companies including CPD. I have no ownership, no legal position with any company other than promoting sales for some companies and moving on with my life.

Good for you, good luck  

You should be sending mags out to everyone you screwed over as business picks up. Untill that process begins you shouldnt be allowed to post.

This person speaks wisdom....

http://i.imgur.com/9dILa.jpg

I think I emailed them sometime in March of this year to cancel the order but alas I guess even that is too much to ask for.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#4]
the hesse and blackthorn of magazines. No thanks
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 9:33:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I ordered 5 SS 30s and 3 aluminum 20s about three weeks ago.  They arrived  first thing this morning.  I like that I had the option to ship USPS Priority mail, which works a lot better for me than UPS or FedEx.

Unwrapped them, and took some pictures.

The 30 rounders are all marked CProducts Defense Made In USA and are a nice flat black with orange followers.  Two of the 20 rounders are CProducts LLC LOT-001 Date 11-10, and one of them is CProducts LLC Newington CT.  So I guess the 30s are new production and the 20s aren't.  All the 20s are grey with grey followers.

In the first photo the finish on the floor plates looks mottled.  It's not.  That may be an artifact of the close-up flash, they do not look that way in artificial light or bright sun.  The Newington 20's welds aren't really in a straight line.

Got a case of PMC Bronze last week, so I took three of the 30s and two of the 20s out for a completely unscientific test run.  All five magazines functioned without any problems.  No issues inserting them into either a Colfax Tactical 80% lower or a S&W M&P lower, and they all dropped free.  A mix of slow aimed fire and your basic fast as you can pull the trigger mag dumps.  Of a total of 280 rounds fired across all magazines I had no magazine related failures.

So, I'm satisfied with the magazines.  Your mileage may vary.

I generally buy five or so magazines each month.  I'll be getting some more of the 30 rounders.

Link Posted: 5/12/2012 11:02:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Why am I not surprised these jokers are reemerging during an election year
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 7:59:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"These jokers" are not reemerging––it's a new owner, not related in any way to the old owners.  

They incorporated using the old LCJ address, they both moved to the same building, Larry Panka is listed as the president of the company, and they were referred to as "sister companies" in news reports.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 8:34:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 12:53:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"These jokers" are not reemerging––it's a new owner, not related in any way to the old owners.  

They incorporated using the old LCJ address, they both moved to the same building, Larry Panka is listed as the president of the company, and they were referred to as "sister companies" in news reports.

I called Mr. Jamil (he gave me his card at the NRA convention) and asked––he said there is NO connection between them.  

And you believe him? Even in the face of the FACTS that the poster above mentioned?
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 3:56:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Perhaps some of us have forgotten.......back in the rush of 2008, Larry did not raise prices like many manufacturers did.  Sure, they were backordered alot, but they did not take part in price gouging.  I was appreciative of that business decision.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 4:13:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 5:13:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps some of us have forgotten.......back in the rush of 2008, Larry did not raise prices like many manufacturers did.  Sure, they were backordered alot, but they did not take part in price gouging.  I was appreciative of that business decision.

I'm not aware of ANY magazine manufacturer that raised their prices during the 08/09 panic.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 8:13:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I called Mr. Jamil (he gave me his card at the NRA convention) and asked––he said there is NO connection between them.  

And you believe him? Even in the face of the FACTS that the poster above mentioned?

At this moment I am looking at Mr. Jamil's business card, handed to me by him, and it lists "President & CEO" immediately under his name.  He also told me he is the sole owner of the business called "C Products Defense, Inc."

Yes, I believe him.  Two weeks ago I called the phone number on the card and his secretary put me right through to him.  He said (at the NRA convention, not during our phone conversation) he bought the company's assets from a bank following the bankruptcy of Larry Panka.  He OWNS the company.

You guys don't have to buy the company's products if you don't wish, but spouting BS from a sketchy newspaper article as "the FACTS" is silly.  [/quote]
Lets rehash:

By Larrys own admission in this thread he represents CProducts.

Yet this guy Jamil is telling you "there is NO connection between them". Did you ask him how this could be, given the above? Sure, you can dismiss the newspaper article if you like; however, he is absolutely misrepresnting whatever relationship he and Larry have, which clearly one exists.

IMO, you can swallow whatever pill these jokers are giving you; but you know what they say about passing the smell test and this stinks.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 9:22:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He didnt need to raise prices because he relieved the burden of QC from his manufacturing process.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 9:27:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 9:35:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 9:48:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lets rehash:
http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii413/mcrebell_photo/ac0741bd.jpg   http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii413/mcrebell_photo/71d0918e.jpg

By Larrys own admission in this thread he represents CProducts.

Yet this guy Jamil is telling you "there is NO connection between them". Did you ask him how this could be, given the above?

IMO, you can swallow whatever pill these jokers are giving you; but you know what they say about passing the smell test and this stinks.

I didn't look back, but I believe Panka claims to be a "sales agent."  I understand he works for "LCJ Wholesale" as a salesman, and that company acts as a distributor for C Products Defense, Inc.

The address on the business card I have is:

C Products Defense, Inc.
6115 31 St. E.
Bradenton, FL 34203

If you look at the State of Florida business records it shows the address changed to this new one 3/26/2012; the annual report for 2011 has the Parrish address.

Clearly, even if all of this is wrong, there does exist a relationship and Jamil's statement of there being no connection is ambiguous at best.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Hope. Change.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 3:14:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Since we're all in the same room, can anyone tell me who can do something about the (ten) 32rd 9mm C-Products mags I bought new, that won't work in any of my 9mm setups (catch notches are cut too low, mags lock in too far)? I've emailed 3 different addresses in the last year, at least one of them more than once, with NO response from any of them.

Is the new "C-Products Defense" handling warranty issues with old C-Products merchandise, or is Mr. Jamil purposely separating himself from Larry so that he doesn't have to?

Machine .010-.030 higher magazine catch, find a copy of the hahn 9mm conversion drawing for uzi mags for a starting point. Cut one low and test. Once depth is found copy on others set up a stop off the feed lips.

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 5:19:13 AM EDT
[#25]
If I can find their 40-round mags at a good price ($12 or less) I'll buy a 10-pack.   I bought 4 of the old C-Products LLC 40-rounders in 2010 when AmmoToGo was closing them out for $9.99 each, and they've worked great.

My six 30-rounders from C-Products LLC have also always worked great, but I have almost forty 30-round AR mags and don't need more.

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 7:46:28 AM EDT
[#26]
I personally have mixed feelings.  Chad went above and beyond what he needed to do for me back when C Products LLC didn't have problems.  On the other hand, I don't like the unfilled orders that many complained about.

It would be nice if someone could get unbiased facts about C Products Defense and the exact relationship with Larry.  I have my guesses but they are just guesses at this point.  It's just too bad they didn't use a new name to prevent any confusion or issues.

ETA: Could LCJ stand for Larry, Chad, and Jamil?
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 9:15:11 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I personally have mixed feelings.  Chad went above and beyond what he needed to do for me back when C Products LLC didn't have problems.  On the other hand, I don't like the unfilled orders that many complained about.

It would be nice if someone could get unbiased facts about C Products Defense and the exact relationship with Larry.  I have my guesses but they are just guesses at this point.  It's just too bad they didn't use a new name to prevent any confusion or issues.

My feelings and experience exactly.

I have never understood some folks feeling the need to lie or veil the truth in half statements when the truth is not going to hurt them at all.

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 4:00:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I thought it was for these 3 people.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top