Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2017 7:07:53 PM EDT
I've popped two primers here recently. I   never had an issue with it.  Thousands of rounds.  Primer popped in two different rifles. I've searched and the consensus is it's great and the brass is very good stuff .  I locked up my ar and had to hammer it open .It blew out the side of the case. Blew my mag up also . The rifle lost the extractor. Warpped  it badly.  The rest of the rifle is fine.   I guess I'm retiring the ammo .
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#1]
i had similar trouble with it about 10-12 yrs ago when it got imported. i dont recall the year of ammo but i think it was the stuff the brits dumped when they were trying to fix that bullpup rifle they had.

i didnt have any popped primers but one round KB'ed and dumped the mag and destroyed a bolt. the case head was all blown out and stuck in the chamber.

i figured it was a low powder charge and had a flash over. i sold the rest to a friend that knew and didnt care.

i had shot up about 2000 uneventful rounds of it before i had that happen.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:59:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I've shot thousands of rounds of it with no issues. I have an old colt that loves the stuff. God I miss the days when century was selling that stuff for dirt cheap in cans.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#3]
no problems yet
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I just finished the last mine, a few days ago. Mine was '93. I never had a problem, except it wouldn't cycle rifle-length-gas guns.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I've shot cases of it.  Never a problem.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I have shot six or seven of the 720rd cans with stripper clips and bandoleers without trouble. Just checked I have two left one '91' and one '92'
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I have 1 1/2 cans of 92 and 1 can of 93 . Nervous to shoot it now.  But I have shot several cans of 92 and 93 before this happened. Damn the luck .
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I've shot a metric ton of it and never had an issue in any AR's or 5.56 AK's......

I did notice that some of it, as well as certain lots of LC M193 showed some signs of high pressure in an HK53 I used to shoot (brass expanding fairly deeply into chamber fluting).
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top