Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2017 11:43:49 PM EDT
I never turn down an opportunity to test the publicly untested. M993 is a 125gr Tungsten core bullet going 3000 fps. Tungsten is significantly harder than the tool steel used in the flag ship M2AP rounds used to test Level IV. Both of these plates tested use Aluminum Oxide strike faces (Alumina). There was some various discussions that Alumina plates possible could stop this round, and Sic plates may be able to stop it. With only having 2 rounds for testing, all I had access to at this time was Alumina plates. If the opportunity exists to test other materials, it will be interesting :D
I had the B-32 X54R tested at the same time, just to show that both of these plates are not some under par Level IV stuff :D. A thanks to @wolfganggross for discussion regarding this ammunition :D

Tungsten Core M993 and API B32 VS @AR500Armor Level IV - Super RARE!

Tungsten Core M993 and API B32 VS RMA Armament (1145 /1155) Level IV - Super RARE!
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:19:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty cool video
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 5:29:36 AM EDT
[#2]
You always do great work Buffman, but you've outdone yourself this time

Really an incredibly cool and informative tests. I nerd out on another forum, and when the subject of future caliber designs for defeating armor came up, I referenced your work for showing just how tough Level IV is.
http://forums.delphiforums.com/autogun/messages/?msg=6973.1

If you ever get a chance to test the M995 5.56 version, needless to say we'd all be thrilled!

Also, since I've got you and I'm being greedy, any chance you might want to test Underwoods new 65gr .357 Sig? Chrono tests on GlockTalk are showing it clocking 2160fps from a 4.5" G31, and 2269fps from a 6" barrel. So far the most credible 5.7x28 alternative I've seen.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 6:04:49 AM EDT
[#3]
That's got to be the first time I have actually seen a service rifle caliber defeat ceramic level IV armor plate.  Impressive.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 6:06:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Great video!
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 8:55:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's got to be the first time I have actually seen a service rifle caliber defeat ceramic level IV armor plate.  Impressive.
View Quote
Yeah :D I've perforated level IV before, but it's been outside of the scope of what one would consider normal, i.e 300 Win mag with Armor Piercing rounds, or 338 RUM at 45'. :D
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You always do great work Buffman, but you've outdone yourself this time

Really an incredibly cool and informative tests. I nerd out on another forum, and when the subject of future caliber designs for defeating armor came up, I referenced your work for showing just how tough Level IV is.
http://forums.delphiforums.com/autogun/messages/?msg=6973.1

If you ever get a chance to test the M995 5.56 version, needless to say we'd all be thrilled!

Also, since I've got you and I'm being greedy, any chance you might want to test Underwoods new 65gr .357 Sig? Chrono tests on GlockTalk are showing it clocking 2160fps from a 4.5" G31, and 2269fps from a 6" barrel. So far the most credible 5.7x28 alternative I've seen.
View Quote
Thanks. I've seen that external source pop up, but YouTube is stupid anymore, and doesn't tell you the exact source of where it was embedded :D

I do have access to .357 sig barrel :D
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
My attention, you have it. Any simple gel tests to gauge penetration?
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 5:14:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Sometimes I hate your videos . Now I know there is another round out there my iv ceramics won't do butkus against.

How plentiful are these rounds?
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:03:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sometimes I hate your videos . Now I know there is another round out there my iv ceramics won't do butkus against.

How plentiful are these rounds?
View Quote
Well for us lowly people they're about $30/each. :(
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:23:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well for us lowly people they're about $30/each. :(
View Quote
Wow. At least I know if I get nailed with one it'll cost the perp lol.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top