Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2017 2:48:26 AM EDT
Picked up a new 450 Bushmaster Gunsite Scout and was hoping to find something else besides the Hornady ammo. I read about a Remington Hog Hammer with a 275 grain barnes bullet but apparently that never actually got produced.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 6:25:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, Hornady 250gr. and Rem. 260gr. Accutip seem to be it for 450 Bushmaster. 458 SOCOM has tons of available loads.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The cheap Ruger Americans should inject some vitality into this caliber. We'll probably see more options by the end of the year.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#4]
You got to get into reloading to make 450 Bushmaster shine.  The only factory ammo is Remington with is 260gr Accutip and the two offerings from Hornady both using and 250gr FTX bullet.  Not sure if the Remington Hog Hammer will actually materialize, but have some of the Barnes 275gr TSX bullet ready to reload if I can get some range time to test it.  I have been reloading every thing from 200 gr to 405 gr in my 450 Bushmaster.  I am looking forward to hunting deer with it this year.  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top