Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2017 11:44:28 AM EDT
Would this be ok to shoot? I probably won't because I'd rather not put a damaged 30 cent round down my $1,200 AR, but just curious.

ETA: For those interested, I emailed Federal CS and they told me to dispose of the round and they will send me a $10 voucher.

Sweet

This is new AE 5.56 XM193:

Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:51:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Contact AE and send it back. They'll probably send you a case to replace the box by way of apology.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Contact AE and send it back. They'll probably send you a case to replace the box by way of apology.
View Quote
For a single damaged round? The manufacturer is going to give the OP a three hundred dollar case of ammo for a thirty cent problem? Not going to happen!

It's not worth the cost to ship the bad round back to Federal let alone the time factor involved.

If my assumption that the OP is dealing with just one damaged round is incorrect and the problem is more significant, then some action may be justified.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#3]
WOW dont shoot that one. I shoot ammo thats dented all the time but it looks like there was a significant amount of case ground away with that one.

email them and send pics.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 5:56:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
WOW dont shoot that one. I shoot ammo thats dented all the time but it looks like there was a significant amount of case ground away with that one.

email them and send pics.
View Quote
Yeah, I wouldn't shoot that either.  I handload and use plenty of dented cases, as long as there's no crease and the shoulder isn't badly dented.  That looks like it was ground on something.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:16:12 PM EDT
[#5]
No! That case looks to be pretty thin around the shoulder. As you said, not worth the 30 cents. Put it on a shelf somewhere to remind yourself to always inspect ammo, even from quality sources.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:45:30 PM EDT
[#6]
For those interested, I emailed Federal CS and they told me to dispose of the round and they will send me a $10 voucher.

Sweet
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice

Do everyone a favor and pull the bullet or cut the case in half.

Firing that round would not be good.

Its CLEARLY been hung up on or under a conveyor belt.

Its nice they are making it as easy as they can for you, to make it right.

Something like that is odd enough that a lot number isnt even worth the trouble to look at.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 12:00:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd absolutely send it back.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like standard XM193 floor sweepings 
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Meh, what's the worse that could happen from a case rupture...  
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looks like standard XM193 floor sweepings 
View Quote
Perhaps that is why Federal in Anoka is packaging it?  After it made the trip from Lake City!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top