Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2017 2:34:20 PM EDT
Thinking of buying some Aguila 22 standard velocity. Has anyone tried this stuff? How do you like it? Is it comparable to CCI standard velocity?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#2]
It's fine. It stinks and is real dirty. I still have a small pile left over from when I found it during the .22 famine.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Good stuff; I like it.  While it's not as accurate as Wolf MT or Gemtech SS ammo, in nearly every one of my .22 rimfire firearms, it's in at least the upper 3rd of most accurate of non-match ammo.

PS the Eley priming has a particular smell.  Some like it; some don't; I like the smell.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:16:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Have recently shot several 50 yard 10 shot groups with both CCI Standard Velocity and Aguila Super Extra Standard Velocity from my CZ 455 Ultra Lux and found the results to be identical.  And since the Aguila is cheaper and more available, I'll continue to buy it!
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Aguila has been good for me but I have not shot any of their .22lr. I have shot their .223 and .40sw. Feeds and functions fine. I grab .223 when I see it at the LGS. For what is currently my .22lr rifle I use high velocity ammo since it functions the semi auto action better than standard velocity.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:46:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had mixed results with it in 22LR. One box fired ok, but the next box, not so much. Some of the cases were also corroded (didn't fire those). Tried a box of 45ACP too. Tossed them out after the first mag.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:15:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I fired both the CCI standard velocity and the Aguila Super Extra standard velocity for accuracy testing today out of suppressed RAR.

The latter was a little bit less accurate, but I deemed it to be acceptable for my purposes (squirrel hunting at around 25 meters).  It is also currently fifty cents cheaper per box than the CCI standard velocity at my LGS.  I wouldn't choose it over the CCI; that stuff all goes into the same hole at that distance.

The Aguila would typically have a two or three fliers about half an inch away from the POA per 10 shot string.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:18:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I have had very good results with Aguila.  It is very similar to CCI in quality. And like CCI, they make about 40 varities.  

Better than any of the bulkpack stuff, even blue box Federal.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:23:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have had very good results with Aguila.  It is very similar to CCI in quality. And like CCI, they make about 40 varities.  

Better than any of the bulkpack stuff, even blue box Federal.
View Quote
This has been my experience as well
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top