Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2017 11:05:44 PM EDT
Federal Lake City XM80 Ball Ammo? Comments?

Anyone try this stuff?

Consistency? Average Groups? Better/Worse than Hirt?

I'm a clays on berms, steel plate smacking plinker out to 300yds. For .308/762Nato I shoot M1A, LAR8EO, PTR91, FAL and an Ishapore Enfield.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:43:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honestly, accuracy wise, it depends on your rifles. Some barrels love it some don't.

As far as quality, it has always gone bang for me. And it is "new" production boxer brass.

My M21 prefers the Hirt. over the XM80. And shoots the MEN ( current production ) slightly better.

I would suggest your try a variety of ball ammo for accuracy, prior to any large case purchase.

And if you find some 2003 GGG ball.... that year production is dang near match accurate. The current production GGG is NO where near as accurate as the 2003 production.
View Quote

GGG ball ???
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:00:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:29:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lithuanian ammo.... http://ggg-ammo.lt/

2003-04 ish ONLY.... newer stuff is just ball accurate.
View Quote

Hmmm.  Never bumped into GGG but I will keep an eye out for the years you specify.

Great video on their site.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Roughly 2MOA from my CL MWS 16" barrel. Been 100% reliable, roughly 400 rds. I pick it up when PSA puts it on sale. Buy w/confidence.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:00:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks all.  I went ahead and pulled the trigger (no pun intended) on a couple thousand rounds.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top