Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2017 5:05:59 PM EDT
Just ordered some 556 M193 and 9mm RN New "X-treme" from Freedom. 556 ran great out of my ar pistol!! I would probably buy again for some decent plinking ammo.

The 9 on the other hand..... multiple fail to feeds through 8 mags on a full sized XD. Also failed to lock the slide back on last round. I know its not an issue with the gun, it ran some remington umc just fine. Ran 1 mag through on a XD subcompact and it ran fine. Maybe combo of lighter slide and under powered rounds?  Anyone else with this issue?
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 5:18:28 PM EDT
[#1]
wait till some of that shit blows up your gun and you will have second thoughts on how cheap it is.

this is my warning to you..... ive already had my issues with that shitty company.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 7:30:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
wait till some of that shit blows up your gun and you will have second thoughts on how cheap it is.

this is my warning to you..... ive already had my issues with that shitty company.
View Quote

^^^^^^^

I wouldn't shoot that stuff if it was free.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 8:35:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Kaboom

Not me. I like my guns
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't shoot that crap even if it was someone else's gun.  Stay away.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Ammo is cheap enough now, why would you shoot that crap?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#6]
so does their new stuff have all the issues, or is it the reman stuff we should be staying away from?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
so does their new stuff have all the issues, or is it the reman stuff we should be staying away from?
View Quote
I dunno... they make their new stuff in-house with new brass... so if u figure that into your decision making process, what's your answer?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Their "new" stuff is just new components. It's still loaded there. I haven't been on their site in years, but I assume the xtreme lime uses Xtreme brand projectiles.

I've shot thousands of xtreme projectiles with nothing but good things to say. However my opinion of Freedom aligns with the other posters.

ETA: I'm not going to tell you not to buy whatever ammo you want, but I would definitely avoid mag dumps or any rapid firing where you might not catch a squib before firing another round.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:42:50 AM EDT
[#9]
In before the "Freedom Munitions turned me into a newt" posts.

ETA - FWIW, I've shot many thousands of their reman and new 9mm rounds. Have also reloaded the stepped cases multiple times. Never a problem with any of their ammunition or components.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I have shot thousands of their 9mm remanufacturned and their .223 remanufacutred. I would say between the 2 calibers I am at over 10,000 rounds. I have never had a single issue.

From what I can tell most of the bad things you hear about them are from early on. They implemented a new quality control process about 2 or 3 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#11]
the amount of derp in any thread about freedom munitions is astounding. I have shot thousands of their reman 9mm and .223. good velocities good accuracy.

go to any 3-gun match in the country and you will see plenty of people running their ammo.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:44:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
the amount of derp in any thread about freedom munitions is astounding. I have shot thousands of their reman 9mm and .223. good velocities good accuracy.

go to any 3-gun match in the country and you will see plenty of people running their ammo.
View Quote

Tell that to the guy that I know personally that had guns blow up.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:51:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I've also blasted thru several thousand reman .45 and .223 from them.  Never one hiccup. Period
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:02:38 PM EDT
[#14]
KA-BOOM
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 4:16:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fully agree. Considering how much they give back to the community by sponsoring events and putting their ammo on prize tables I am always a little blown away reading the comments on here. There are quite a few high profile shooters that use freedom and I have never seen their guns blow up.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:38:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Fully agree. Considering how much they give back to the community by sponsoring events and putting their ammo on prize tables I am always a little blown away reading the comments on here. There are quite a few high profile shooters that use freedom and I have never seen their guns blow up.
View Quote

But I am not sponsored . I shoot on my dime . I am spending money elsewhere .
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#17]
I live literally within 15 minutes of Freedom. Good people. Solid prices. DECENT ammo. Shoots fairly accurate. BUT shoots dirty. YMMV. Good luck
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top