Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2017 4:25:02 AM EDT
Seen a lot of reviews on the 77-grain IMI Razor Core, but nothing on the 69-grain. What's the verdict on this ammo? I'd be shooting this out of a 1:8" twist, fairly lightweight-profiled barrel out to a maximum of 300 yards without magnification and with a 50-yard zero. Looking for something that will hold tighter groups than Wolf Gold, while still being a valid short-to-mid range SHTF option, mainly.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:06:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:56:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Your 1/8 will handle 77gr SMKs.  It will stabilize 'em in any condition.  

If you want 69s, I'd buy the ADI load.  That stuff is stupid accurate.   My 1/9 bolt gun will toss 10 round groups of it into .7-.8 moa easily.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:45:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your 1/8 will handle 77gr SMKs.  It will stabilize 'em in any condition.
View Quote

It was more a potential cost-saving measure than a stabilization one. I ended up ordering a case of the CBC/Magtech 77-grain OTM. I'd shot some about a year ago (granted, out of a 1:7 barrel from a different manufacturer), and found it to get 1moa without issue, so I'm going to give that a try again.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:42:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:46:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a rifle that loves 69 smk more so than the 77 smk. It's a 1/8, and will shoot the 77 just fine, but shoots the 69 a bit better.

Waiting for some more of that ADI to get back in stock!
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 3:29:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a rifle that loves 69 smk more so than the 77 smk. It's a 1/8, and will shoot the 77 just fine, but shoots the 69 a bit better.

Waiting for some more of that ADI to get back in stock!
View Quote

The cheaper than whatnot site has ADI 69 gr in stock.

Just a fyi.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:43:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought 500 rounds a few months ago from SG.  Haven't shot any yet but I honestly don't even know what role it's for, I just bought it cuz... sometimes I get curious

Was gonna be my HD ammo out of my 11.5" BCM pistol but I bought 4.5k rounds of  75gr Speer GDs like a week later and now I don't know what role I should give to this stuff.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:56:16 PM EDT
[#8]
My 1/9" bolt gun will toss those 69gr ADIs into .7-.8MOA all day long without much effort on my part.  Super accurate for a factory load.  I just lay around and plink paper with 'em...
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top