Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/8/2017 1:38:42 PM EDT
Will .223 Brown Bear and Silver Bear ammo shoot the same or will the point of impact change?

I have shot different kinds of steel cased ammo like Monarch and Tulammo, but, the Tulammo seems to shoot higher, was wonder if bear ammo will do the same?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 1:58:48 PM EDT
[#1]
different loads will shoot differently.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#2]
The BB and SB loads are a little warmer so it'll be different.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you asking if both loads will shoot to same point of impact, if they are the same except for case finish? Possibly... if case finish is the only difference.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Different lots of the same ammo may shoot to different impact points, so it's not safe to assume BB and SB will hold the same zero, either. Only way to know is to shoot it and try.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 3:15:51 PM EDT
[#5]
They will be very close I'd imagine. That stuff isn't that accurate anyway it may be hard to really tell.

I do like Barnaul ammo though
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 4:04:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I was asking more less if BB and SB will shoot the same.
I'm gonna zero my AR at 50 yards tomorrow with BB 55 grain and was wandering that in the future if SB was all that was available would it shoot the same?
In case you were wondering my AR is currently zeroed at 50 yards with Monarch 55 grain steel case.

I appreciate yall's help.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#7]
All that is bottom of the barrel ammo. Only thing worse it tulammo. 

The average group size might be bigger than the deviation between those ammo brands. 
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#8]
It will be close enough.. IE you'll hit COM or steal plates, poppers, clays etc at distance just fine with either.  You want accuracy & small groups, you don't buy this type of ammo.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Every single load and possibly even different lot numbers will have different POI.

Just zero your rifle at 50m with M193 and then shoot whatever ammo you want, it will be close enough. If you're missing play with your holdovers a bit.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 8:30:42 PM EDT
[#10]
At 50yds you won't be able to tell the difference, 100yds it'll be a different t story.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top