Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2016 1:18:03 PM EDT
I've got 260 rounds and I think I'm going to shoot it up.  I went into the thread on that ammo and it seems like a few people had problems.  I've shot some of it in the past and was never impressed with accuracy overly, but it went bang.  I actually found a target I shot and got a 5 round 2.5" group out of it with my recce.  Which is at least acceptable.  Just not very good.  

Just curious if anyone has anything to say about it.  

Next to XM855, the Adcom has a weird crimp it looks like....  Although the Adcom is a heck of a lot cleaner on the outside than the loose XM855 I bought.  I don't think it shoots as good though.

Link Posted: 11/28/2016 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I had some popped primers with that stuff back in the early Aughties...  I ended up selling it to someone with more hutzpah than I.

Shot clean, but was "meh" in the accuracy department.  I got it cheaper than Federal XM855 at the time.  Guy who I bought it from also sold me some Radway Green, which I still have a few cases of.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll definitely keep an eye on it when I'm shooting it.  I wonder if I should just shoot it in my nato chambered gun and not the wylde.  Although I've never had a problem with is so far.....
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 2:40:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Our local ammo pimp GLADLY reimbursed us for all Adcom bought after it blew up at least one gun.

Bad juju.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 2:54:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Crap. I bought about 1200 rounds off the EE back in 05 or so. It was cheap, but lots of popped primers and loose primer pockets, off center flash holes and case defects. Glad when I finally got through that batch of ammo. Mine was 1999 manufacture.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Complete garbage. Shit ammo. I shot a few hundred rounds through my most reliable AR15 and I had nothing but problems.

Like CavVet said, the local ammo guy bought it all back from us no questions asked.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:45:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Crap. I bought about 1200 rounds off the EE back in 05 or so. It was cheap, but lots of popped primers and loose primer pockets, off center flash holes and case defects. Glad when I finally got through that batch of ammo. Mine was 1999 manufacture.
View Quote

Mine was 1999 manufacture as well.

I did have a few friends locally that found some later manufacture stuff and didn't have any issues.  I remember that the 1999 stuff, from the old internet days seemed to have all the issues.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 3:06:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I feel like since I have a lot of this, it would be a good reason to get a 5.56 bolt gun.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Brings back memories! That was some of the first ammo I bought in bulk. Sold it off before I ever shot any. I remember ARF saying it was junk.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I've still got a lot of it that's just collecting dust.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've still got a lot of it that's just collecting dust.
View Quote

->I <- wouldn't shoot it.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_16/332159_.html
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 7:57:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top