AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:10:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

2 shots to the mellon huh? like people just stand around waitin for that to happen.
View Quote

He obviously has had much more high speed training than I had.  Us silly Marines trained CM to maximize hits, if only we knew we could just shoot the enemy in the head while they stood there and be done with it.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 1:13:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Using ball ammunition for self-defense is like wearing flip-flops for the Boston Marathon.

Can you do it? Yup.
Will it work? Probably.
Is wearing New Balances more likely to give a positive result?  Yeah, that's why they were invented.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 5:41:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

He obviously has had much more high speed training than I had.  Us silly Marines trained CM to maximize hits, if only we knew we could just shoot the enemy in the head while they stood there and be done with it.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Using ball ammunition for self-defense is like wearing flip-flops for the Boston Marathon.

Can you do it? Yup.
Will it work? Probably.
Is wearing New Balances more likely to give a positive result?  Yeah, that's why they were invented.

HA! thanks for the back up and voice of reason guys.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:05:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Two different loads.
Right now in the gun, I have FGMM .223 69 grn. Takes any lingering accuracy concerns out the window. As in shoots like a lazer beam.

For barrier blind, Nosler Defense. 223 64grn.
Again, very accurate out of my barrel.
I do not like that the primers are not crimped nor sealed, nor is the case mouth sealed. Naming a round as "Defense" with a pic on the box of law enforcement without these key features is ironic at best.
If Nosler would add those KEY defensive round features, I would run nothing else.

In my AO, barriers are not what I would be concerned with, as I live in the boonies with long open fields of fire.
YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you do it? Yup.
Will it work? Probably.

Rifle rounds are different than handguns.  In my rifles I use just ball ammo (the Wolf Gold I mentioned that started this whole thing) because 4 to 5 shots to the chest should do the trick regardless of what ammo I'm using.  It's a rifle, it's going to do some damage.  And if I need more shots well it's a good thing there's 30 rounds in my magazine.

Handguns are different.  I carry 147gr HST in my Glocks.  I went with the hollowpoint because generally pistols suck at putting people down so I wanted the extra damage because I only have 18 rounds not 30 like a rifle and it's only moving 1100 fps or so.

Again, this is for a realistic scenario for home defense of a few guys robbing you.  Not fending off the zombie horde.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top