Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/14/2016 7:47:24 PM EDT
Seeing if anyone has tried out any of the freedom munitions 5.56 77gr HPBT? If so is it accurate and consistant?
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't shoot Freedom Munitions anything, they're reloaded ammo has detonated a couple folks guns. Their "factory new" ammo might be ok but I have no plans to find out.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:07:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I would pay the premium for IMI or Black hills IMO.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:25:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Tagged because I'd actually like to hear an answer to the OPs question and not have this devolve into yet another thread about Freedom Ammunition being good or not.

-Stooxie
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:29:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't shoot Freedom Munitions anything, they're reloaded ammo has detonated a couple folks guns. Their "factory new" ammo might be ok but I have no plans to find out.
View Quote

this.

do not fo

I will never shoot FM ammo in any gun.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I shoot a lot of their 9mm nato spec stuff and I like it. When I was into 10mm I did try about 500 rds of their 180gr stuff but it didn't shoot very well out of any of my guns so didn't buy anymore. The imi 77gr otm on the other hand is like buying magic lazer beam bullets, 1/2 MOA all day, black hills isn't that accurate out of my rig. And for the price can't be beat. I honestly believe that most manufacturers are good at making some things or one thing better than others. And yes some I wouldn't buy anything from. You just have to try it and see. At the end of day  not made of money, and looking for a good deal on manufactured ammo when I can't get to the bench.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 7:29:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I have put about 200 rounds of FM 77gr new production, and about 200 rounds of FM 69gr new production, through a 20" BCM SAM-R and achieved about 3/4 MOA with both. I wont be shooting more simply because I've switched to 77gr razor core from IMI. I have been generally happy with FM, especially their 55gr 223 reloads. I've put roughly 3,000 rounds through a few different AR's Just speaking from my own experience.

Oh yeah, cherry popped BTW...
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:15:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have put about 200 rounds of FM 77gr new production, and about 200 rounds of FM 69gr new production, through a 20" BCM SAM-R and achieved about 3/4 MOA with both. I wont be shooting more simply because I've switched to 77gr razor core from IMI. I have been generally happy with FM, especially their 55gr 223 reloads. I've put roughly 3,000 rounds through a few different AR's Just speaking from my own experience.

View Quote

First post In the forums, to praise an obscure ammo?  Hmm..
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 6:25:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

As compared to your 40th post already chopping down on someone? I wouldn't exactly say you're in the club yet.

-Stooxie
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:58:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I would not risk it in my gun. Reputations such as Black Hills and IMI are hard earned over years. For premium ammo, I am willing to pay a premium price - no free lunch, etc. I find it odd that several folks praise the ammo in this thread have only one or two posts on this forum. For cheaper "match" ammo, I prefer privi match, or Hornady Steel Match.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Of course the higher end brands of match ammo are in my stable, imi is at the top of the list for sure. I was just curious about a brand that I use a lot for pistol shooting, and have had good luck with. As law a enforcement officer I do not have a lot extra money to spend on tons of expensive ammo. Yes I handload but my current residence does not allow me to set up my equipment. All I was looking for was someone who has actually fired the mentioned ammo and what their experience was not opinions. For the ones who have actually fired it and commented on it, thank you and all I'm looking for is honesty.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:29:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are implying he is a retread, he is a friend of mine and I've recruited him to the board. We shoot together on a regular basis. He is GTG.  We need more good people posting on here, please help make him feel welcome.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:22:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everybody has to have a first post some time.
When in the past 4 months was yours?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 3:21:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If you are implying he is a retread, he is a friend of mine and I've recruited him to the board. We shoot together on a regular basis. He is GTG.  We need more good people posting on here, please help make him feel welcome.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right -- no need to be an ass. Sorry man.
As far as this ammo, I actually have shot it.
16" BCM BFH ELW, SSA trigger, Accupower 1-4 --- 1.75" extreme spread, on three ten-shot groups at 100 yards.  Was pretty windy and I'm not the best shot, so you could probably 1.25" or 1" groups as a better shot than me.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

16" BCM BFH ELW, SSA trigger, Accupower 1-4 --- 1.75" extreme spread, on three ten-shot groups at 100 yards.  Was pretty windy and I'm not the best shot, so you could probably 1.25" or 1" groups as a better shot than me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top