Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2016 1:13:39 PM EDT
I've posted this on a few different forums since it is a somewhat obscure question and probably won't be able to be answered by everyone. Ozark Ordnance has some 110 HP and 147 Ball listed for the same price, and this is going to be my first purchase. I know the basic differences between a 110gr HP and a 147gr Ball round also, so that isn't what I'm asking. I'm looking for something a little more specific from people who have tried both. Now, with that being said, I will probably break down and buy 50 of each to see if my rifle dislikes either of them, but I would still like some information from people that have already done that to see if there are any glaring issues with one or the other.

For what it's worth, if by any chance someone has tried both of these with the same setup I'm using, I have a BCM standard lower with a BCM 9" factory complete upper.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 8:26:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Why no buy known quality.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 10:26:40 PM EDT
[#2]
The owner is a member or used to be, I know people who have shot their stuff and didn't have any problems.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Just had this same question myself tonight... Anyone have more info yet?

Wish they had some vids of their stuff through gel.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Your post is overflowing with detail.... So much so that we don't even know what caliber you're talking about.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your post is overflowing with detail.... So much so that we don't even know what caliber you're talking about.
View Quote

300blk.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 9:11:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll revive this thread since it's actually a good question.
I recently shot a bunch of the 110gr Ozark Ordnance 300BLK ammo from a Ballistic Advantage 12.5" barrel (from way back when they made a 12.5).
Long story short: it very closely matched POI and velocity of the Barnes VOR-TX which is why I bought it. Very happy about that.
There is a rather big downside, though. The short ass OAL means it doesn't feed very well. It fed fine for 70 rounds and then wouldn't feed a single round after that. Any other round I tried, with a longer OAL, fed just fine. The ammo isn't abnormally dirty, nor was my gun. I've read reports of others having the same issue.
I was using PMAGs, I bought a Lancer mag to test out but haven't tried it yet.
-Stooxie

Link Posted: 4/13/2016 2:02:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'll revive this thread since it's actually a good question.

I recently shot a bunch of the 110gr Ozark Ordnance 300BLK ammo from a Ballistic Advantage 12.5" barrel (from way back when they made a 12.5).

Long story short: it very closely matched POI and velocity of the Barnes VOR-TX which is why I bought it. Very happy about that.  I was wondering about that, I would like practice ammo at 1/3 the cost

There is a rather big downside, though. The short ass OAL means it doesn't feed very well. It fed fine for 70 rounds and then wouldn't feed a single round after that. Any other round I tried, with a longer OAL, fed just fine. The ammo isn't abnormally dirty, nor was my gun. I've read reports of others having the same issue. That's a bummer, but if it just for practicing it doesn't have to be 100%.  I guess I can get some and see ho it does in my gun.

I was using PMAGs, I bought a Lancer mag to test out but haven't tried it yet.

-Stooxie  
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:05:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Following up. I went to the range today with a D&H mag, e series P mag (whatever those are), a straight 20 NHMTG and a Lancer A5WM.

No luck. Round would chamber but jammed on the second or 3rd.

I emailed Ozark a while back asking if they had any suggestion. No reply. I'll try again,

Their 147gr stuff is great, and I doubt there's much they can do about this issue. I appreciate that they are even making the 110gr but without a polymer tip it's just too short for semi-auto.

If anyone else finds anything out let us know.

-Stooxie
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#9]
UPDATE

Went to the range again today, this time I brought a second 300BLK rifle, a complete Novekse setup. It cycled the 110gr ammo flawlessly, with both PMAGs and the Lancer.

The ammo is amazingly accurate , I had one ragged hole the size of a quarter at 50 yards. The 147gr stuff, out of the same barrel, is a firehose by comparison.

-Stooxie
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:12:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Update 2

Another quick range trip, this time with a 10" Frankenstein upper I built. The 110gr and the 147gr ammo both shot and cycled just fine. 110gr ammo was, again, extremely accurate for cheap ammo.

-Stooxie
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 4:01:32 PM EDT
[#11]
So what was the issue that you sorted out?
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#12]
No clue, I broke down the upper and sold off the parts. I spoke to the guy at Ozark, he offered to buy it off me (wish I'd spoken to him before I broke it down) to find out what the problem could be.

I've since built another 10.5" 300BLK upper and it shoots the stuff just fine, too. I bought another 1000 rounds of the 110gr, it's great stuff.

-Stooxie

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
UPDATE

Went to the range again today, this time I brought a second 300BLK rifle, a complete Novekse setup. It cycled the 110gr ammo flawlessly, with both PMAGs and the Lancer.

The ammo is amazingly accurate , I had one ragged hole the size of a quarter at 50 yards. The 147gr stuff, out of the same barrel, is a firehose by comparison.

-Stooxie
View Quote

this pretty much mirrors my experience.

i started out firing 147 gr ball and was all over the damn place - maybe 6-8 MOA.

the 110 gr were lasers by comparison, accurate, but not as accurate as Sierra 125gr hp matchking.

for the price/performance the 110 gr are good to go. The 147 feed and go bang every time, but accuracy was piss poor.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top