Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2016 2:01:49 PM EDT
*Both rounds were fired at 100 yards into milk jugs full of water, from a suppressed 16.1" DDM4. Both penetrated 3 jugs, and bounced off the far inside wall of the 4th.

Both projectiles expand to the cannelure, at 100 yards. It is my opinion that their expansion thresholds are very nearly identical. Their expanded diameters are statistically identical, as well. The difference is the length of the "shank" behind the mushroom, and aerodynamics/velocity/KE

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:38:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Man, that is nasty. Makes me happy having GD in the go to magazines.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, I think the 75gr was supposed to be better for barrier penetration to to its higher SD.
View Quote

My impression as well.  Another guess is that it will hold onto energy well at range and perhaps expand the useful performance envelope somewhat.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top