Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2015 11:00:59 AM EDT
I was reading reviews from a few years back that WG 75GR was just repackaged PPU, was this ever confirmed?
Is anyone still using it and if so what kind of groups are you shooting with it and what distances?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#1]
"Repackaged" is not the right term.  Wolf (a distribution company, NOT an ammo maker) contracts with a variety of ammunition manufacturers to have rounds made (and packaged) to their specs with their packaging.

With that said, it appears that Prvi Partizan (PPU) makes the 75gr loading for Wolf.  Wolf Gold 55 gr is made in Taiwan (by the same firm that makes ammunition for the Taiwanese government).
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I've shot thousands of WG 55gr and love it, it's all I actually shoot anymore, that's what has me wondering about the 75gr.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#3]
The Wolf Gold 6.5 Grendel 120 grain MPT is loaded in PPU brass and appears to be the same bullet and load now being sold as PPU 6.5 Grendel 120 grain HP BT.  If the Wolf Gold 75 grain BTHP is loaded in PPU brass it is more than likely PPU manufactured ammo.

The best test I've seen on PPU 223 Remington 75 grain BTHP/OTM was done by Molon.  Here is a link if you haven't seen the test.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?176641-Prvi-Partizan-75-Grain-Match-Ammunition-Accuracy-Velocity-and-Terminal-Ballistics

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Wolf Gold 6.5 Grendel 120 grain MPT is loaded in PPU brass and appears to be the same bullet and load now being sold as PPU 6.5 Grendel 120 grain HP BT.  If the Wolf Gold 75 grain BTHP is loaded in PPU brass it is more than likely PPU manufactured ammo.

The best test I've seen on PPU 223 Remington 75 grain BTHP/OTM was done by Molon.  Here is a link if you haven't seen the test.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?176641-Prvi-Partizan-75-Grain-Match-Ammunition-Accuracy-Velocity-and-Terminal-Ballistics

View Quote

Thanks for that read, it looks solid for the price, the only other question is does it mean that it's a buy at 58cpr since the cbc 77gr otm is no where to be found.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:12:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks for that read, it looks solid for the price, the only other question is does it mean that it's a buy at 58cpr since the cbc 77gr otm is no where to be found.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like any ammo... try some before you commit to buy them in bulk.

The PPU 75gr performance was mediocre in my SR15 Mod1, at 2MOA-2.5MOA 10rd group.
The PPU 69gr performed good in my SR15 Mod1, about 1.5 MOA 10rd group.
AE 50gr 'VT' and CBC 77gr OTM are both 1-1.25MOA ammo,
I got a few 0.77MOA 5rd group at 200yards using CBC OTM.

Personally I would wait for CBC/Magtech to come back
Also, check EE, I recently bought 2k of CBC for $1k shipped
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:51:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The PPU 75gr performance was mediocre in my SR15 Mod1, at 2MOA-2.5MOA 10rd group.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well at price I would have FO'd too .
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top