Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/26/2015 7:56:12 AM EDT
More of my recent sections

RA/54 Blackened Dummy (Dead primer but no primer hole)
RA/66 High Pressure Test, Nickel plated case with red base
FC/12 FBI T3, Letter T on bottom of projectile
WCC/07 Hooker Tactical Glass Penetrator, for military and sniper use only
DAG 12L 1207 Tracer, exposed second cannalure and tin(?) plated projectile
Winchester white tip Frangible.  (Maybe Powell River Tungsten/tin frangible, eventually sold to DRT tech.)
Hornady AA67 MK294 MOD 0 USMC Special Match Moly 77gr SMK (Pulled from the box by myself)
wolfganggross

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:38:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NoHarmNoFAL] [#1]
I applaud your efforts and this is really cool but it would be much more useful if you could show a whole cartridge next to its sectioned counterpart.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:42:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NoHarmNoFAL:
I applaud your efforts and this is really cool but it would be much more useful if you could show a whole cartridge next to its sectioned counterpart.

View Quote

Isn't that exactly what is pictured?

Thanks again wolfgang for the excellent sections!

Thanks especially for the FBIT3. Interesting.

And I've never heard of that glass penetrating round. I learned something, thank you!
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 4:21:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TGH456E] [#3]
Wolf:

YES! Thank You for the pictures...............

I do have one question though............  The USMC Hornady cartridge seems to be a tipped bullet and not a 77SMK, are you sure of that load?  

Ok, two questions.............And Hornady used a Sierra bullet in a cartridge?  

Or do you mean a Black Hills loading of a 77SMK?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By leatherface_y2k:

And I've never heard of that glass penetrating round. I learned something, thank you!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By leatherface_y2k:
Originally Posted By NoHarmNoFAL:

The first one is not pictured whole.

I had never heard of the glass penetrating round either.

Where do you get these odd ball rounds?

I love these threads
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TGH456E:
Wolf:

I do have one question though............  The USMC Hornady cartridge seems to be a tipped bullet and not a 77SMK, are you sure of that load?  

View Quote

I also noticed that... it really looks like a 60 grain'ish Moly-Coated V Max.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:39:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:07:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TGH456E:
Wolf:

View Quote

HA!  Someone is paying attention.  I did pull these from a very well known collector who had a box of them.  Brought them home and had them for a year, pulled, just staring me down.  I wasn't convinced either.  Have contacted original seller but works for NFL and is busy right now, may take a couple of days.  Thanks for bringing it up!

Written on the box is:
1305-01-521-4286 AA67
20 Ctg 5.556mm
USMC SPCL MATCH, MOLYCOATED
MK294 MOD 0
LOT: BLH07J147-001
(Hand written in prentices was ((77gr SMK Molycoated))

For those who want to find the exotic ammo, join the International Ammunition Assoc.  and go to a couple of the cartridge shows,  Big one coming up in April at St Loius MO that's international called SLICS.  They have old, new, obsolete, experimental, and stuff you never could even dream up.  Very professional, you couldn't find a better group of guys (most who are over the age of 75).  Just bring lots of money!

Look up Hooker Tactical Safety and Defense Equipment.  They make glass penetrators in all calibers up to .338.  I've sectioned the 7.62x51 couple of years ago.

The white tip is also very interesting.  I believe these were made by Powell River Industries and put this round up for the testing , while looking for alternatives to the M855.  Made in 61, 76 and 87 grain (I sectioned the 87grain, has boat tail) out of powdered tungsten/tin.  Was contacted once by a DELTA force commando who said they actually used these back in the late 90's, and were devastating.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:49:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TGH456E] [#8]
Yes...........I'm always impressed by your posts.................

I've shot with Marines using that ammunition.  
Those are the Black Hills ammo loaded for them..............well the box you have is..........

What has me confused is the bullet you have.
I looked at their cartridges and they weren't tipped...................

Regardless of that, I'm sure you know Sierra didn't have any tipped SMK's until just recently...............  
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:23:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#9]
IMHO, That is a Hornady bullet for sure.

And Hornady did make Moly coated bullets.

It may have made its way into that box... or been reloaded into a case... or who knows, maybe it was part of a sidetrack of the Mk294 program..... heck, it could have come from Black Hills like that. I have seen numerous cases of the wrong ammo making it into the incorrect box.

Wolfganggross... what is the weight of the DAG Tracer ?

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:57:35 AM EDT
[#10]
What type of chamber would be needed for the glass penetrator?

The leade would have to be very long, yes?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#11]
very cool and thank you
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 6:40:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Do you file these down or use a belt sander?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Can anyone tell me more about the glass penetrator?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top