Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2015 12:12:17 AM EDT
I am trying to find the POI at 10m for a 25/300m zero.  I have found trajectory and ballistic calculators but nothing that will show me the height of a round on its path through all distances based on a specific zero.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:30:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Strelok is a very useful app for trajectories and it is free. I used it for a couple of years. Great free app.

Strelok Pro is my favorite. Pro is $12 or so and does everything.
A few features:
Huge list of scope reticles
built in bullet lists, cartridge lists
it considers rifling rate
left/right twist
first/second focal plane
ranging magnification
you can input 5 velocities at different temps and it will calculate the velocity for your current temp
uses phone camera to detect shooting angle
Coriolis effect if you are a badass, lol
and much more
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:59:29 AM EDT
[#3]
No more free versions.  $5 or $12.  

I am ok paying but Id like to try it before I buy it.  Anything else out there?  Desktop?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I know a lot of shooters that use Strelok and I've never heard of an issue. Pro will do everything you want and much more. I don't think you will be disappointed. good luck.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Hornady has a free calculator (includes height, velocity, and energy at configurable intervals) if you're looking for something simple:

http://m.hornady.com/ballistics-resource/ballistics-calculator

Edit: I just noticed that you're looking for the POI at 10m...the Hornady calculator won't give you that.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Jmbballistics.com
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Shooter and Ballastic AE can do that. Buy one or the other and support the industry.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:08:33 PM EDT
[#8]
If you're looking for trajectory in meter distances just find a ballistic calculator that will allow you to get output in yards, specify that the output be in one yard increments and then recognize that one meter is 1.0936 yards, or about 1.1 yards.

So, use 11 yards as your 10 m distance.  It's that simple.

I found that only www.gundata.org would allow me to specify the output be in 1 yard increments.  On the advanced settings page just choose 1 yard increments and look for 11 yards (again, 11 yards is almost exactly 10 m).

Both my monocular that I use for ranging and my adjustable iron sights are calibrated in meters.  So, I do a lot of ballistic charting on www.gundata.org, copy past the data from the output HTML into Excel, add a column to convert the yards to meters (to do so just divide the yards by 1.0936) and then plot it in either yards or meters, whatever is my choice at the moment.

Here's an example:

Ummm, the Y-axis should the Inches, not, AInches.  Sorry.  Also, don't worry too much about the columnar trajectory data which seems to start of negative and then alternate.  The negative sign that is supposed to precede those numbers seems to get lost in scaling the image for photobucket.org.  It's just an illustrative example.

Best,

LF
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 4:55:00 PM EDT
[#9]
This one may be what you're looking for

http://www.shooterscalculator.com/ballistic-trajectory-chart.php?t=0776bbcb

The above is a sample chart I had created for another project.   This one also allows you to compare different ballistic paths for multiple rounds.   The one above is in Yards but you can change it to Meters.   You adjust the "Step Size" to show more corrections along the flight path.    Curve paths and tables reflecting the same info.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top