Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2015 2:04:03 PM EDT
Target Sports has this ammo on sale for 30/rd. boxes for 8.99 per box + shipping

ZQI Ammunition 5.56x45mm M855 Ammo 62 Grain Full Metal Jacket
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#1]
How much does their shipping normally run?  Seems like a good price.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 2:30:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Shipping is free if you order a case of 1200 rounds.  Works out to 30 cents each.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#3]
If they didn't blow primers 30% of the time in my suppressed SBR I would consider it...
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If they didn't blow primers 30% of the time in my suppressed SBR I would consider it...
View Quote

Ouch, I haven't had any issue in my rifles.  I've primarily run the stuff through my Bumpgun:

CFz1tiVIiAs

Seems like a good deal with the free shipping.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 2:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]
If its anything like their 7.62 ammo, ill pass.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 2:45:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote

I got a 3 shot .5" group out of it one time.  

Of course, that's not repeatable.  I would expect around 2.5MOA-3MOA from the 5.56 stuff.  I've heard of a lot worse from the 7.62.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I love that ammo
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Of course, that's not repeatable.  I would expect around 2.5MOA-3MOA from the 5.56 stuff.  I've heard of a lot worse from the 7.62.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

my bench rest 308 and my pet loads, and me doing REALLY good on my part, i can get sub 1/4 moa (1/2 moa realistically if i still do my part).  ZQ1 stuff it looked like i was shooting a shotgun w/ buck shot.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ouch, I haven't had any issue in my rifles.  I've primarily run the stuff through my Bumpgun:
CFz1tiVIiAs

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CFz1tiVIiAs

As far as most of us were able to determine, the issues cms81586 was having were pretty much his suppressed SBR.  Not that he wasn't having problems, but they seem to be due to his specific hardware.  

I'm still on the fence about the ZQI stuff because I haven't had a chance to shoot any of my (small) stash of the stuff.  But if Target Sports has more of it, I'll probably fix that issue.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 10:57:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like you, I hate the 7.62, but the 5.56 ss109 on the other hand has done well for me. Wish the local Walmart still carried it...
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:45:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Target Sports has this ammo on sale for 30/rd. boxes for 8.99 per box + shipping

ZQI Ammunition 5.56x45mm M855 Ammo 62 Grain Full Metal Jacket
View Quote

Raised it a dollar a box overnight.  Now it's $9.99.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

my bench rest 308 and my pet loads, and me doing REALLY good on my part, i can get sub 1/4 moa (1/2 moa realistically if i still do my part).  ZQ1 stuff it looked like i was shooting a shotgun w/ buck shot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My hog hunter shoots a lot of 5 shot groups in under 2". Then ill get a 4" group. Ive got  a .50 cal can full of it. Id like to fill another. Good for steel or rocks at moderate distances.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top