Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2015 4:07:01 PM EDT
This stuff has got to be rare, its in military boxes and ammo can, not the black hills modified round for the public, I dont know how he got his hands on it but should i pick the stuff up? 77 Grain long distance 5.56 made by Blackhills in U.S military ammo can and packaging, thanks again-David
the boxes are marked as such and supposedly the only comparable round is the black hills commercial
I just spoke to him and i can get the 820 round can for $415

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:14:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think this is available through the surplus channels yet.  Meaning it was probably stolen from a military base.

Now, let your moral compass guide you.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy crap, thats not good news
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:21:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think this is available through the surplus channels yet.  Meaning it was probably stolen from a military base.

Now, let your moral compass guide you.
View Quote

Agreed.... it is a good price though !
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:03:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I would pass on that.

The price should be the first clue. It really is too good to be true.  Another vote for stolen goods.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:06:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Selling no shit 262 Mod 1 at $.50/rd? Yeah...
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:42:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds suspicious based on price and the fact that there is no surplus on the market!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:44:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:29:58 AM EDT
[#8]
How well do you know the guy? Where did he claim to have bought it from? Is he in the military and if so do he always seem to "find" rare mil items like this?

It's a good price and I would probably buy it if it didn't seem to sketchy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:48:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like it would go good with some tan follower mags!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Selling no shit 262 Mod 1 at $.50/rd? Yeah...
View Quote

Pretty much this.  Selling it for basically half price makes it seem sketch
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#11]
How do you know he did not take commonly available  black Hills ammo and repackage it to look like military stuff?

Maybe he had a lot of empty boxes laying around and the BH stuff he got legitimately was loose.  Boxing it makes it look neat.  Maybe slightly disingenuous in the sense of *where* the ammo came from,  I. E.  civilian mk262 black Hills that looks like came directly from mil which it didn't.  

I doubt it is stolen stuff,  because if it was,  the first thing he would do is depackage  it into loose format or maybe even get a lot of empty black Hills white blue,  red boxes to make it look legit.  This guy is either incredibly stupid or more likely just shuffled ammo into boxes it does not belong in.

Can you look at the ammo and determine where it came from?  That it is legit "red box" or not?  I don't think so,  so it is all just speculation.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:16:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How do you know he did not take commonly available  black Hills ammo and repackage it to look like military stuff?

Maybe he had a lot of empty boxes laying around and the BH stuff he got legitimately was loose.  Boxing it makes it look neat.  Maybe slightly disingenuous in the sense of *where* the ammo came from,  I. E.  civilian mk262 black Hills that looks like came directly from mil which it didn't.  

I doubt it is stolen stuff,  because if it was,  the first thing he would do is depackage  it into loose format or maybe even get a lot of empty black Hills white blue,  red boxes to make it look legit.  This guy is either incredibly stupid or more likely just shuffled ammo into boxes it does not belong in.

Can you look at the ammo and determine where it came from?  That it is legit "red box" or not?  I don't think so,  so it is all just speculation.

View Quote

I fully understand what you are saying, and good point.... but, I will point out... he would have had to pay a "premium" to buy civilian BH Mk262, just to re-box it and sell it for less then he / 0r you and I typically pay... @ approximately 50.6 cents per round...( cheaper then even the CBC clone ) all of us would love to have some.
That means he got it for far less than that.

I would be more concerned that it is reloads.

At this point I would love to see up close photo's of it and the packaging.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:24:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Criminals are lazy.  They steal stuff and sell it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:26:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Here is one scenario.  
Yeah he got it for less than that.  15.99/box back in 2005. He is took it out of these 50 round boxes,  put it loose in ammo boxes.  Maybe to save space during  a move.  These boxes take a lot of space.  

10 years later,  given our economic crisis,  needs money.  So sells it for a profit.  
Now people are skeptical about buying loose ammo without packaging.    He does not have original black Hills boxes.  So obtains these new boxes and uses them. They are almost correct. Maybe the year is off.
Possible?

How do you really know it's not commercial stuff? Solely by the boxes?
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 12:47:01 AM EDT
[#15]
I sure wouldn't be buying it after I announced all over the inter net I know someone that had a boat load of any controlled substance.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 3:29:48 AM EDT
[#16]
The price is the only thing that sketches me out.

Makes me wonder if it's reloads in mil packaging, maybe stolen. Could just be overruns. Idk. But I would want to inspect the ammunition before buying, and maybe ask him about how he got it.

Also, I thought the stuff we can buy as civ's (and that I own) is just factory seconds? I was under the impression from B.H. it's the same exact round/load
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 7:48:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Makes me wonder if it's reloads in mil packaging, maybe stolen. Could just be overruns. Idk. But I would want to inspect the ammunition before buying, and maybe ask him about how he got it.

Also, I thought the stuff we can buy as civ's (and that I own) is just factory seconds? I was under the impression from B.H. it's the same exact round/load
View Quote
It is the exact same round.

the MK 262 ammo "developed a cult following… so [in 2011] we started
offering it to the public. The only difference is the packaging — it is
the exact same ammunition as is delivered to the U.S. Military — loaded
to the exact same specs”. The commercial version is sold in black/red
50-count boxes labeled "5.56mm 77 GR OTM”. The exact same ammo is issued
to American war-fighters in 20-round, brown cardboard boxes labeled
"5.56mm SPECIAL BALL, LR MK 262 MOD 1.” - James Hoffman, President
Black Hills

Link Posted: 9/6/2015 7:57:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I sure wouldn't be buying it after I announced all over the inter net I know someone that had a boat load of any controlled substance.
View Quote
Yeah, id ditch and not "Facebook" my private purchases all over the internet.

Link Posted: 9/6/2015 8:20:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

"The round developed a cult following, even packed as cosmetic seconds," Hoffman said. "So last year we started offering it to the public. The only difference is the packaging-it is the exact same ammunition as is delivered to the U.S. military-loaded to the exact same specs. The guy shooting iron sights at beer cans at 100 yards probably has no reason to shoot this, but a man that has the skill and firearm to extend the range, this is his round." " Jeff Hoffman from "Reviewing Black Hills' MK 262 Mod 1 Ammo" "
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#20]
in before it's amountainman.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 1:02:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

the MK 262 ammo "developed a cult following… so [in 2011] we started offering it to the public. The only difference is the packaging — it is the exact same ammunition as is delivered to the U.S. Military — loaded to the exact same specs”. The commercial version is sold in black/red 50-count boxes labeled "5.56mm 77 GR OTM”. The exact same ammo is issued to American war-fighters in 20-round, brown cardboard boxes labeled "5.56mm SPECIAL BALL, LR MK 262 MOD 1.” - James Hoffman, PresidentBlack Hills  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the MK 262 ammo "developed a cult following… so [in 2011] we started offering it to the public. The only difference is the packaging — it is the exact same ammunition as is delivered to the U.S. Military — loaded to the exact same specs”. The commercial version is sold in black/red 50-count boxes labeled "5.56mm 77 GR OTM”. The exact same ammo is issued to American war-fighters in 20-round, brown cardboard boxes labeled "5.56mm SPECIAL BALL, LR MK 262 MOD 1.” - James Hoffman, PresidentBlack Hills  

See that's what I thought, but the OP and others are going on about "modified round for the public" in reference to the civ box, which was making me go
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top