Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2015 2:00:33 PM EDT
i just bought a case of 115 gr. S&B FMJ. It looks the same as the last case I bought, except the last case had "POLICE" printed across the boxes. Otherwise the boxes appeared the same.  The POLICE ammo has a green sealant on the primer, while the new case does not. They appear to have the same bullet.

I haven't had a chance to shoot any of the new stuff yet.

Is there any real difference between the two? Is the POLICE ammo loaded hotter? Or is it just marketing? Just curious.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Details

S&B's 9mm "Police" load is hermetically (a.k.a. air tight) sealed at the case mouth and primer. This additional sealing process, specifically designed for the tighter tolerances that Law Enforcement requires, results in a cartridge that is more resistant to the ill effects of moisture.

This load is said to be slightly "hotter" than the standard S&B 9mm load that you are familiar with.

Sellier and Bellot has been producing cartridge ammunition since 1825. Today they produce ammunition using high quality components which is used by hunters, competition shooters, law enforcement agencies and militaries around the world.

- results from internet search
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:25:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I have never seen the "police" ammo before. I've  shot a lot of S&B 9mm and it always had very generous red primer sealant. It was always good ammo.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top