Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2015 10:56:56 AM EDT
I have a 12" 300 blackout that I will be using suppressed (SDN-6) mainly for hogs.  I have never been hog hunting.  Barrel is 1 in 8, which subsonic ammo will work best for this?  I am assuming either a quick round behind the ear or subsonic expanding.  What would be my best round considering the barrel I have?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:00:22 AM EDT
[#1]

I would not use subsonic on a pig

While subsonic sounds nice and quiet at the range, it's not ideal for hunting. Subtonic's ballistics aren't that great.

The Barnes VOR-TX in 110 or 120gr (Barnes Tac-X bullet), or Remington Hog Hammer (130gr Barnes TSX bullet) would be ideal.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're really wanting to use subsonic for hunting, below are a couple rounds that I've heard good things about. I haven't tried either of these but Lehigh Defense sells their bullets for reloading and I'm going to try some of those soon. Neither of these are cheap as loaded ammo.

G2 Research RIP

Lehigh Defense Maximum Expansion
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:38:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Im running 135 GN pro hunters and they stop hogs right there
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
       I would not use subsonic on a pig

While subsonic sounds nice and quiet at the range, it's not ideal for hunting. Subtonic's ballistics aren't that great.

The Barnes VOR-TX in 110 or 120gr (Barnes Tac-X bullet), or Remington Hog Hammer (130gr Barnes TSX bullet) would be ideal.

View Quote

This.  I only use the Barnes Vor-TX for hunting.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Topic Moved
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top