Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2015 6:50:52 PM EDT
Tired of using that clumsy wooden stake and mallet, and having to struggle with the undead curmudgeons at close range ?

Weary of a crossbow that fires a wooden bolt, but then annoyingly has to be reset after one shot while being harassed by multiple bloodsuckers at the same time?

Well this is for you. Break out that FAL, AR10 or HK91 and get ready to do some serious long range Dracula devastation.

7.62X51mm NATO Full Wood Bullet

OK, but seriously, what else would you do with this stuff?  
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Tired of using that clumsy wooden stake and mallet, and having to struggle with the undead curmudgeons at close range ?

Weary of a crossbow that fires a wooden bolt, but then annoyingly has to be reset after one shot while being harassed by multiple bloodsuckers at the same time?

Well this is for you. Break out that FAL, AR10 or HK91 and get ready to do some serious long range Dracula devastation.

7.62X51mm NATO Full Wood Bullet

http://i60.tinypic.com/2qxaixy.jpg

OK, but seriously, what else would you do with this stuff?  
View Quote

The description at the link says that it is training/practice ammo...so does it even have powder and primer in it?

If it did, i wonder what the penetration and FPS would be...
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 7:04:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I beleive those are just blanks. I would not trust the sellers description since they don't even know they are Israeli. Probably corrosive primed too, judging by the early 1970's date on the boxes. These are designed to be shredded by a special BFA. Firing without one would yield crap accuracy as the projectile is hollow and very light, never intended to be a projectile..

1DD
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#3]
And only $.45 a round. I remember the plastic 7.62 NATO ammo was like a dime a round or so.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:48:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I beleive those are just blanks. I would not trust the sellers description since they don't even know they are Israeli. Probably corrosive primed too, judging by the early 1970's date on the boxes. These are designed to be shredded by a special BFA. Firing without one would yield crap accuracy as the projectile is hollow and very light, never intended to be a projectile..

1DD
View Quote

Seems like that would clog up the barrel quickly.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 6:19:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Not really. BFAs for wood bulleted blanks are external to the barrel and have openings for the shreds to be expelled...

1DD
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:13:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not really. BFAs for wood bulleted blanks are external to the barrel and have openings for the shreds to be expelled...

1DD
View Quote

I wonder if the blanks would cycle the action without the BFA.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Not likely. The wood bullet is to facilitate feeding, not to create back pressure to cycle an action. Thus the need for a BFA to create the back pressure and shred the wood bullet.

1DD
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:38:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I fired a bunch of these out of my M1A about 10 years ago. They don't cycle the bolt. Was too busy to clean my rifle after and didn't even think about them being corrosive.  A couple months later I went to shoot it again and the barrel was so corroded I had to scrub the shit out of it with a stainless brush. The rifling on my M1a was no longer sharp & shiny Was so pissed I threw the rest of them away. So they're most definitely corrosive.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:48:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Corrosive wood cartridges for $0.50 a round that won't cycle the action.  I guess you can't much worse value than that.

I guess if you need to kill vampires, you can just use a sharpened wooden dowel down the bore with a blank cartridge in the chamber.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:43:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Corrosive wood cartridges for $0.50 a round that won't cycle the action.  I guess you can't much worse value than that.

I guess if you need to kill vampires, you can just use a sharpened wooden dowel down the bore with a blank cartridge in the chamber.
View Quote

Wooden stake bayonette?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:22:31 AM EDT
[#11]
http://www.simpsonltd.com/product_info.php?products_id=39631

They also had several full cases for a much better price, works out to be 15 cents a round shipped.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I fired a bunch of these out of my M1A about 10 years ago. They don't cycle the bolt. Was too busy to clean my rifle after and didn't even think about them being corrosive.  A couple months later I went to shoot it again and the barrel was so corroded I had to scrub the shit out of it with a stainless brush. The rifling on my M1a was no longer sharp & shiny Was so pissed I threw the rest of them away. So they're most definitely corrosive.
View Quote
There goes the idea of even firing them through my 308 Galil.

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:33:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Good stuff. I have a ton of these and use them when camping.  It's great fun to have a case of these and not having to leave your camp chair or your spot to feed the fire.  Just keep your rifle close and when the fire starts to go down and your drinking buddies are falling to sleep,  MAG DUMP!

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't know about these particular bullets, but wood bullets have been used for less lethal crowd control before.

Wikipedia

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#15]
These are blanks. Wooden riot control "baton" projectiles are  very different.

1DD
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top