Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2015 1:07:44 PM EDT
I am new to ar15, just built rifle.  What is a reasonable price per bullet before ban craziness started...  
dont want to overpay when in a month or two price will be back to normal...

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:13:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I want to say 38 - 42cpr but I'm sure others with more experience will chime in. Never really looked for M855 specifically.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Before the latest nonsense it could be had for about 35cpr. I've shot shit-tons of it over the years but it's just cheap blasting ammo to me. Personally I am going with whatever 193ish stuff can be had for a decent price for range food. If 855 stays off the drudge report it may return to what it was but it's notorious now so who knows.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:28:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Really just want the cheapest, quality brass ammo i can get... For some reason my friend though m855 was really cheap at one time as army surplus
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Check sgammo.com. Good prices. Great service and a site sponsor. Wolf gold, Geco, federal xm193 in 55gr all fit the bill for brass cased blasting ammo.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Really just want the cheapest, quality brass ammo i can get... For some reason my friend though m855 was really cheap at one time as army surplus
View Quote

There is no U.S. military surplus ammo anymore. Those days are long gone.

If you can get some ZQI 5.56 at your local Walmart,
it is about as inexpensive as you can get for brass cased ammo - .33/rnd +tax
it has the SS109 (M855) bullet.

You can check this thread tacked at the top of the forum to compare online prices.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:46:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For some reason my friend though m855 was really cheap at one time as army surplus
View Quote

At one time it was. But those days were past even before the latest ban nonsense.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:10:05 PM EDT
[#7]
This isn't a tech issue.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top