User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:30:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I also purchased a few boxes of the Winchester Ranger .223 Rem 64 Grain JSP RA223R2 power point.

Again, for the purposes of this thread discussion, how would it rate against the Winchester Ranger 64gr. RA556B ZQ3313 bonded soft point and the Federal LE .223 Tactical 62 Grain Bonded Soft Point LE223T3?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I also purchased a few boxes of the Winchester Ranger .223 Rem 64 Grain JSP RA223R2 power point.

Again, for the purposes of this thread discussion, how would it rate against the Winchester Ranger 64gr. RA556B ZQ3313 bonded soft point and the Federal LE .223 Tactical 62 Grain Bonded Soft Point LE223T3?
View Quote

"Both the Win 64 gr JSP (RA223R2) and the Fed 64 gr JSP (223L) are acceptable for unobstructed shots, however both are NOT very good against windshields. Personally, if there is a high incidence of potential engagements around or involving vehicles I'd stick with the the 55 & 62 gr Federal bonded JSP Tactical loads (LE223T1 & LE223T3), along with the Nosler 60 gr Partition JSP, Remington 62 gr bonded JSP, Speer 55 & 64 gr Gold Dot JSP's (and identically constructed Federal 62 gr Fusion JSP), Swift 75 gr Scirrocco PT, or loads using the Barnes all copper TSX bullets (the 55 gr TSX is optimal for LE use)." Doc Roberts
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top