Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2014 10:38:30 AM EDT
Anyone bought and used this S&B .308 ammo that's on HKPro?

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/1060-Round-Case-Of-308-Ammunition-S-B-ON-SALE-9p16484.htm#.VBmcg1eMmSo

Great price for a case, but I'm still smarting over having bought 500 rounds of Herstal ammo, that has bulging primers and a sepearted case.

So I don't want to load up unless it's decent ammo.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#1]
"mildly corrosive".......

I don't know I would like that.........

AND

"The cheapest available 308/7.62 ammo on the market. Limited supply once this is gone there will be no more."

NOT TRUE! WalMart has new mfg .308 brass cased, lead cored ammo for 20rds/10bucks.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I was always told it was corrosive and treated it as such. I shot a lot of it in the early 90's out of a Valmet, Galil, and an FAL, it was accurate enough and always went bang.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#3]
First off, they are using deceptive marketing.  

The stuff is corrosive.  There is no such thing as "mildy corrosive", that would be like being "mildly pregnant".

I had a couple of cases of the stuff a decade ago.  I paid less than a dime a round.  It's decent ammo, but I wouldn't fool with it when you can get n/c cheaper.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:25:07 PM EDT
[#4]
ZQi is 52 cents a round at Wal-Mart. Brass Case, boxer primed, and non corrosive. I'd pay a few cents more for that pleasure.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top