Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2014 5:28:38 PM EDT
Is all Federal Xm193 the same because I see it on various websites packaged differently.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:32:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. All the same aside from packaging.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes. All the same aside from packaging.
View Quote

Sounds good....thanx much.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#3]
After closer inspection I am seeing Federal XM193 and Federal XM193F, same website, two different prices.  Whats the difference?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
After closer inspection I am seeing Federal XM193 and Federal XM193F, same website, two different prices.  Whats the difference?
View Quote

Packaging; the letter designates what quantity it is, and the method (stripper clips, etc).
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Different packaging. The letter after the XM193 designates how it was packed.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Packaging; the letter designates what quantity it is, and the method (stripper clips, etc).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both box of 20, no stripper clips.  the cheaper one is in a brown box and the other a white box.

http://www.selwayarmory.com/federal556x45mmnato55grxm193fullmetaljacketboattail-boxof20.aspx

http://www.selwayarmory.com/federallakecity556x45mmnato55grxm193fullmetaljacketboattail-boxof20.aspx
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Same exact thing as far as the components of the ammo goes. Only difference is the packaging.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:16:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I found this in a previous post by bfoosh06.

Fed. 55gr XM193......................LC 09 NC................................Av. 3115 , ES 80...............Av. 3168 , ES 32...........Typical Milspec 2-3 MOA
Fed. 55gr M193........................LC 14 NC.................................................................................................................Supposedly the real thing.. not XM
Fed. 55gr XM193F....................LC 08.......................................................................................................................White box.... crimped
Fed. 55gr XM193AF.................LC 14 NC.................................................................................................................Factory stripper clipped
Fed. 55gr XM193......................LC 08 NC.................................................................................................................Brown Box
Fed. 55gr XM193......................LC 14 NC.................................................................................................................Current Brown Box
Fed. AE 55gr XM193C..............LC 08 NC.................................................................................................................Black Box

Very helpful...

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:45:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I heard that the prefix X signified commercial ammo, still mil spec but commercial.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:05:03 PM EDT
[#10]
All of my brown box is crimped and sealed, or at least i'm assuming that purplish splooge is sealant.
Also isn't the nato cross designated within certain pressure, with crimping and sealed etc?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:36:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I think the nato cross and circle is there when it is a 5.56 shell sized case, not so much as the different treatments they do to it.  Black hills uses nato brass too sometimes on their reloads if my memory serves me correctly.  And it's definitely not sealed.  Well, the stuff I bought isn't.  Maybe TAP, but TAP is new ammo and I think they use different brass for new ammo.  Not sure if the offer any sealed reloads.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
All of my brown box is crimped and sealed, or at least i'm assuming that purplish splooge is sealant.
Also isn't the nato cross designated within certain pressure, with crimping and sealed etc?
View Quote

FYI
the NATO cross on XM193 ammo only means they used the same brass that is used for M855.
M193 was never adopted by NATO.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I found this in a previous post by bfoosh06.

Fed. 55gr XM193......................LC 09 NC................................Av. 3115 , ES 80...............Av. 3168 , ES 32...........Typical Milspec 2-3 MOA
Fed. 55gr M193........................LC 14 NC.................................................................................................................Supposedly the real thing.. not XM
Fed. 55gr XM193F....................LC 08.......................................................................................................................White box.... crimped
Fed. 55gr XM193AF.................LC 14 NC.................................................................................................................Factory stripper clipped
Fed. 55gr XM193......................LC 08 NC.................................................................................................................Brown Box
Fed. 55gr XM193......................LC 14 NC.................................................................................................................Current Brown Box
Fed. AE 55gr XM193C..............LC 08 NC.................................................................................................................Black Box

Very helpful...

View Quote

Hey , just so you guys know, the ones without data are going to be tested this weekend.... I also have been very curious as to any FPS difference.... so far all I have seen is packaging , sealant , and brass type differences ( IE LC v. FC v. FED. )
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top