Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2014 9:34:53 PM EDT

Trying to get some feedback.

Stumbled upon them when looking up some data on the 69gr Sierra Matchking.

They offer a bulk can of 500 in factory new brass, but they don't provide specs on the grains of powder, what brand of powder, or type they use.

Price was $375 before shipping. Not exactly a bargain, but since I don't reload I cannot be too snooty about the price either.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:20:30 PM EDT
[#1]
No personal experience but Tim from Military Arms Channel was raving about the .308 in a YouTube video he posted a couple days ago. That was the first I'd heard it.

ETA: this video
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:40:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No personal experience but Tim from Military Arms Channel was raving about the .308 in a YouTube video he posted a couple days ago. That was the first I'd heard it.
View Quote

Thanks. I'll see if I can pull it up.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone else have feedback?

@Southern,
Looked for the vid but couldn't find it. Will try some more a bit later.

Edit: Didn't see you come back and post the link. Salute!
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a new one to me, never heard of them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I have used their poly tip 300 BO SS , about 100 supressed and the accuracy for me was better than the Remington SS factory load at 50 yards, using aac 12.5 in upper and pmags. Have bought about 250 since and will continue to as funds and supply allows.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:32:35 AM EDT
[#6]
TTAG had a pretty glowing review about Gorilla Ammunition products a couple months ago.  Based on this I picked up some 300 Blackout 208gr.  No misfires, tight groups (any fliers were product of the 'screw loose behind the trigger').  16" AAC MPW with Nikon 2-7x BDC Scope; groups were as good as I can do with other competitor ammo.  Seems like good stuff and the price is definitely right.

I have ordered some of the supersonic and more subsonic rounds for 300 Blackout.  I'm also ordering some 223 to play with.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:04:29 AM EDT
[#7]
OP you ever pull the trigger on the 69gr SMK ammo from Gorilla?  Anyone else have any experience with their .223 rounds in either the 55 or 69gr flavors?  I'm planning to order a couple boxes of the 69gr tomorrow and will update once I get them in and send them downrange.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:19:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Nobody is going to quote you what powder, nor how much of it, they use in a load; you certainly won't find that in Winchester's, Federal's, Speer's, or Hornady's data on their factory loads.  What you should find is expected MV,
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top