Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2014 6:45:24 PM EDT
I generally shoot PMC but would like other options.

Can you gentleman please advise on reliability, dirt and pressure.

I googled it but all I got were a few reviews from 2012.  A couple said it was no good and a few said otherwise.

Feel free to suggest other Mfg's.   This is for the most part for indoor range so steel tip is kind of out...at least where I am limited to shoot.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I would stay away from armscore ammunition. Friend of mine got a lot of the ammo in question and out of 5000 rounds 450 had split necks and or the rounds weren't crimped. This could have been bad for the weapon and cause possible kaboom. Good thing he is so damn anal about his ammunition and inspects everything he gets his hands on. For suggestions I personally like PMC Bronze 223. It is a light load and perfect for plinking and is pretty accurate for what it is. The lower pressure ammo you use on a regular basis the longer the firearm in use is going to last and the longer the throat of the barrel will last i.e. accuracy. If you want a good ammo to stock/store for SHTF purposes I highly recommend federal xm193 but just make sure you inspect it. I have never had a problem with federal xm193 but have heard stories of there being some lack of quality control every once in a while. It is also very very hot and very fast so this makes a good fragmentation defensive round. Good luck.

Also try out some Wolf Gold 223. The stuff is cheap and brass with a copper non-bi metal jacket and I would probably bet my life on it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 6:32:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Hope you get it all worked out
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:08:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I have fired a case of it through my 6920, and had no issues with it, as far as my rifle is concerned. The ammo itself doesnt seem to be very consistant, and is very hard to get good groups wih it. For the price, its decent range/plinking ammo, but thats about it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would stay away from armscore ammunition. Friend of mine got a lot of the ammo in question and out of 5000 rounds 450 had split necks and or the rounds weren't crimped. This could have been bad for the weapon and cause possible kaboom. Good thing he is so damn anal about his ammunition and inspects everything he gets his hands on. For suggestions I personally like PMC Bronze 223. It is a light load and perfect for plinking and is pretty accurate for what it is. The lower pressure ammo you use on a regular basis the longer the firearm in use is going to last and the longer the throat of the barrel will last i.e. accuracy. If you want a good ammo to stock/store for SHTF purposes I highly recommend federal xm193 but just make sure you inspect it. I have never had a problem with federal xm193 but have heard stories of there being some lack of quality control every once in a while. It is also very very hot and very fast so this makes a good fragmentation defensive round. Good luck.

Also try out some Wolf Gold 223. The stuff is cheap and brass with a copper non-bi metal jacket and I would probably bet my life on it.
View Quote

When was this? Two weeks ago or two years when every ammo maker was putting out anything and everything they could even stuff that would normally be rejected?
The Armscor I've seen in the last couple months has all been clean and shiny with no damage. I have a couple buddies who have shot a lot over the past few months and haven't had any issues with it. I haven't had time to shoot much, and I still have a decent supply of ammo so I hadn't had to buy any in a bit.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top