Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2013 1:16:05 PM EDT
Hello all. I've been trying to compile a couple graphs in another thread, but have noticed some of the results seem suspicious. Here's the data I used so far for a 14.5" M4:

Items in green have been verified and don't need changing.

M193:
Velocity:  2990 fps
G1 BC:   .243
G7 BC:   .120

M855:
Velocity: 2900 fps
G1 BC:  .349
G7 BC:  .151

SS109:
Velocity: 2900 fps
G1 BC:  .307
G7 BC:  .158

Mk262 Mod0:
Velocity: 2680 fps
G1 BC:  .362
G7 BC:  .190

Mk262 Mod1:
Velocity:  ?
G1 BC:    ?
G7 BC:    ?

Please rearrange and fill in my incorrect or missing data if you have it at hand. I plan to update and share my trajectory graphs once complete.

I may have the Mod0 and Mod1 mixed up, so that would be nice to straighten out. Is one SMK and the other Nosler?

I thought the M855 and SS109 are identical, but IMI shows different G1 values in QuickLoad, so I'm a little confused.

I realize G7 is more accurate. I'm wanting to show the differences in results, etc. So please just add any info you have whether you think it's useful or not. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Here are my current 2 graphs using the data above:

Full Size Drop

Full Size Wind

This post will be updated, rather than posting new versions in the future.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top