Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2013 6:15:30 AM EDT
Gents,

Would very much appreciate any knowledge about what cartridge this is a cutaway of.  The cartridge is the center one on page 01/07 in a series of cutaways on http://www.pearlmanphotography.com/#mi=2&pt=1&pi=10000&s=0&p=0&a=0&at=0 and is puzzling in its construction.

The entire set is very well done.

Ciao

Mike

Link Posted: 6/23/2013 6:32:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry for the double posting, page update indicated a database error so I posted it again.
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 6:47:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I would guess something designed for subsonic work or possibly fire-forming it to a chamber.
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 12:03:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi all got this answer on another site:

---------
I asked a friend about these cutaway cartridges and this is the reply I got:

"From left to right, top to bottom on the above page, the cartridges are: 1. “M860? .50BMG tracer (range training cartridge). 2. Unknown dummy, 3. Wood bullet load (hard to tell caliber, these are not to scale), 4. HSA “Cobra” multi-dart 9x19mm AP load (British, and short-lived), 5. Israeli 9x19mm shot load in resin matrix, for riot use, or anti-skyjack use, 6. Unknown ball load, looks like .32acp or 9×19 (not in scale), 7. Solid brass hollow point 9x19mm, one of many Euro experimentals, 8. “ZM75? 7.62 Czech short-range tracer loaded into .32acp case for use in the RPG-75 launcher, 9. Glaser Safety slug (blue, #12 shot) – probably .38spl, 10. Probably a .224 BOZ, or a .225 JAWS, 11. 4.6x30mm RUAG “DM11?, 12. probably an XM216 flechette, 13. Colt .308 project SALVO exprimental, 14. probably a .455 Webley ball load, 15. Speer plastic indoor training load – .38 cal. *** These photos are excellent, but when shown side-by-side are often out of scale relative to the neighboring cartridge. Only a couple of these were around for WWII, but perhaps many of the photos taken but not shown were from that era. The sections were most likely done by Paul Smith or Reinhold Peschke for whomever the Swiss collector is (maybe Reinhold himself) – fantastic sections!"

It would've taken me a month of Sundays give an answer like that.  All I'll say is Wow, nice pictures.
---------

Ciao

Mike
Link Posted: 6/29/2013 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top