User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 117
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just scored 3 boxes of the Federal 100 round pack 9mm at my local walmart. Checked SWIRE's website and it showed In Stock so I went over and lo and behold 6 boxes on the shelf and plenty of other calibers.

Oh and they had 6 AR-15s in the case. All Colts and Bushmasters for a decent price. And they had about 12 boxes of Prvi Partizan 9mm (50 rounds per box).

Damn, really wish one of the 10 walmarts around me sold ANY guns, let alone Colt AR's that I'm currently in the market for...
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#2]
What are you guys experiencing with 24 hr Walmarts and when they stock the shelf with new shipments. On the evening the truck comes in or 7am next day?
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 7:24:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What are you guys experiencing with 24 hr Walmarts and when they stock the shelf with new shipments. On the evening the truck comes in or 7am next day?

Seems like every store is doing it differently, some put it out at 7am others put it out as soon as it comes it and others just have employees walk out the back door with all the ammo, its case by case basis.
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Stock at 7-8:30 PM, stock at 7 AM but allow purchasing after hours, stock at 7 AM only, but I don't KNOW of any walkaways in the North Austin area.
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Go to your local Walmart(s) and ask what their policy it.  They vary a lot.

Link Posted: 5/30/2013 8:44:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Craziness at one of the WM's by me yesterday morning... The night before the app said this store had M-22 and Fed Auto Match IN STOCK along with 9mm. I decided that this would be my first early trip because I was really wanting some .22, so I got up and got there exactly at 6 AM. There were only 2 guys waiting there before me and one of the guys disappeared a couple minutes after I got there. I got to talking with the guy sitting there and he informed me that all the .22 went OOS on the app around 3AM, and sure enough they had and I hadn't noticed it.

After a few minutes the manager came up to us and asked us what we wanted and the guy I was there with told him .22. The manager told him that he sold it around 3AM because there were 5 guys in line at that time and he only had 12 boxes and they first 4 guys wanted their 3 boxes each of it. The customer was pissed, rightly so, because posted on that WMs ammo case was a huge sign that said "all ammo is stocked between 7 and 7:30 AM", and it turns out that the guy was there the night before at 10:30 when the ammo said IN STOCK and the person at SG told him it wouldnt be stocked until 7AM.

After some attempted explaining it turns out that the manager is a cool guy, and I felt sorry for him cause he was only trying to please everyone and he didnt know that guy came at 10:30 the night before. A couple of other guys showed up and told the manager that they thought the ppl that got the .22 were the same ppl who travel around that area and buy all of the .22 for CTD to resell. The manager said he was going to get those dudes names next time they came in and send an email out to all the local stores and tell them about these guys and for them not to sell ammo to them. (I guess he was a pretty high up manager, not sure if he can do that though.)

Nice.
You felt sorry for the manager, when in reality, he probably sold it to himself or his buddies.

Sounds suspiciously like the story I heard from a Walmart manager in Irving a few weeks ago.

Haha that exact thought went through my head more than a couple of times...
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Craziness at one of the WM's by me yesterday morning... The night before the app said this store had M-22 and Fed Auto Match IN STOCK along with 9mm. I decided that this would be my first early trip because I was really wanting some .22, so I got up and got there exactly at 6 AM. There were only 2 guys waiting there before me and one of the guys disappeared a couple minutes after I got there. I got to talking with the guy sitting there and he informed me that all the .22 went OOS on the app around 3AM, and sure enough they had and I hadn't noticed it.

After a few minutes the manager came up to us and asked us what we wanted and the guy I was there with told him .22. The manager told him that he sold it around 3AM because there were 5 guys in line at that time and he only had 12 boxes and they first 4 guys wanted their 3 boxes each of it. The customer was pissed, rightly so, because posted on that WMs ammo case was a huge sign that said "all ammo is stocked between 7 and 7:30 AM", and it turns out that the guy was there the night before at 10:30 when the ammo said IN STOCK and the person at SG told him it wouldnt be stocked until 7AM.

After some attempted explaining it turns out that the manager is a cool guy, and I felt sorry for him cause he was only trying to please everyone and he didnt know that guy came at 10:30 the night before. A couple of other guys showed up and told the manager that they thought the ppl that got the .22 were the same ppl who travel around that area and buy all of the .22 for CTD to resell. The manager said he was going to get those dudes names next time they came in and send an email out to all the local stores and tell them about these guys and for them not to sell ammo to them. (I guess he was a pretty high up manager, not sure if he can do that though.)

Nice.
You felt sorry for the manager, when in reality, he probably sold it to himself or his buddies.

Sounds suspiciously like the story I heard from a Walmart manager in Irving a few weeks ago.

Haha that exact thought went through my head more than a couple of times...

Like I posted a few weeks ago,
after arguing with the SG guy about M22,
we escalated to a manager (after the SG guy had a discussion with him in the back)
the manager proceeded to explain how the app is always wrong, then switched the story to "Oh yea, I sold it last night".
meanwhile, the SG guy headed back to SG and the M22 went OOS about 15mins later.

Link Posted: 5/30/2013 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Like I posted a few weeks ago,
after arguing with the SG guy about M22,
we escalated to a manager (after the SG guy had a discussion with him in the back)
the manager proceeded to explain how the app is always wrong, then switched the story to "Oh yea, I sold it last night".
meanwhile, the SG guy headed back to SG and the M22 went OOS about 15mins later.

Document this and send it to Bill Simon at corporate.  They should be able to ID when the ammo is sold and determine if customers are being screwed.   Start nailing unethical Walmart employees and it will end very fast.

If they can sell to mysterious customers at 300 AM, they can sell to you at 830 PM.
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 10:14:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are back up This guy is at all the walmarts within his area and resells for 2 to 3 X's the price

He even posts his Tel #  WOW  

http://floridaguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=310994
http://floridaguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=310992

That's "DR DAN", Mike's arch enemy, AKA "Fat Boy" or "Fat Man", son of "Igor"

And you know this how?

Ammo drama
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 11:24:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Saw a Colt 6920 Socom for about $1497at an Orlando area Wal-Mart (Colonial & Alafaya).  Kinda pricey for me, but a decent deal for someone looking for a Colt with quad rail.  Not sure if the 6940 would be cheaper.

The UPC with check digit (ready for barcoding.com/upc) is:

for those who want to check for it through the Android/ios app using the Walmart App's barcode scanner.
Montgomery area Wally had these last week.  The tags on the guns have the name of a third party seller called Sports South LLC.  Also this store never sold AR's until about 2 months ago.

Windham SRC - $827

Colt 6920 - $1097

Colt 6920MP FDE- $1147

Colt 6940 - $1397

Sig RM40016B - $1127

Link Posted: 5/31/2013 12:07:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I think Sports South is a distributor.
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 2:02:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Is there any kind of a problem with the 50-round boxes of Federal Lightning .22LR that sell for $2.17?  For some reason I have never checked inventory for that before, but yesterday I finally did.  I saw a bunch of local stores have it listed as "in stock".   Visits and phone calls confirmed that it's not on the shelves and store managers can't find it, even though the scanners say it's in stock, too.  I couldn't tell you how long it's been listed that way, but it's been at least 30 hours.  That would be a new record for .22 ammo this year.  

One SG clerk claimed managers have been trying to get the numbers cleared, but they need approval from corporate to do it.

Either WM had a massive inventory glitch (sold case lots, maybe?) or a whole bunch of people have been practicing their own form of concealed carry as the tiny boxes of .22 walked out the door.
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#13]
The 50 round boxes come packed as a 500 round box with 10 of the 50 round boxes in side them.

Since the 500 round box's UPC code is in the system, they can sell the 500 round box.

What you are seeing is that the ammo was all sold as but as a brick of 500, rather than as the 50 round boxes.

When that happens, it stays in inventory until it is cleared out manually, which could take a long time.  Around here, there are 3 stores showing that it is stock for over a month.
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The 50 round boxes come packed as a 500 round box with 10 of the 50 round boxes in side them.

Since the 500 round box's UPC code is in the system, they can sell the 500 round box.

What you are seeing is that the ammo was all sold as but as a brick of 500, rather than as the 50 round boxes.

When that happens, it stays in inventory until it is cleared out manually, which could take a long time.  Around here, there are 3 stores showing that it is stock for over a month.

That makes sense, although at least one store had an odd on-hand quantity - 9 - which makes me suspect it took a walk out the door.
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 3:09:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Every store I check has had it wrong for 2 weeks.  I know because the SG wouldn't listen when I told him to sell it as 50rd packs. he sold it to me as 500 rd bricks.

Link Posted: 5/31/2013 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There's a store near me where that has happened as well.
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Is there any kind of a problem with the 50-round boxes of Federal Lightning .22LR that sell for $2.17?  For some reason I have never checked inventory for that before, but yesterday I finally did.  I saw a bunch of local stores have it listed as "in stock".   Visits and phone calls confirmed that it's not on the shelves and store managers can't find it, even though the scanners say it's in stock, too.  I couldn't tell you how long it's been listed that way, but it's been at least 30 hours.  That would be a new record for .22 ammo this year.  

One SG clerk claimed managers have been trying to get the numbers cleared, but they need approval from corporate to do it.

Either WM had a massive inventory glitch (sold case lots, maybe?) or a whole bunch of people have been practicing their own form of concealed carry as the tiny boxes of .22 walked out the door.

5 stores in my area have shown IN STOCK for weeks but it isn't there. I even had a UPC scanned and the associate said 10 on hand but he knew they weren't there either.   10 boxes of 50 is a perfect brick.
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 5:24:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

5 stores in my area have shown IN STOCK for weeks but it isn't there. I even had a UPC scanned and the associate said 10 on hand but he knew they weren't there either.   10 boxes of 50 is a perfect brick.

This has been discussed before. It seems the weekend workers are the typical culprits of selling the bricks instead of singles. Each store around me is now showing these in stock indefinitely...
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is there any kind of a problem with the 50-round boxes of Federal Lightning .22LR that sell for $2.17?

I saw these bricks for the first time today.  The SG guy opened them up and sold them as 50 round boxes.  I inquired about it and my Walmart has no "room" for the 500 round box.  That is a shame since the price may have been around 3.6 cpr if my price source is accurate.  I ended up buying two Federal 325 round AutoMatch boxes instead.

Link Posted: 5/31/2013 5:50:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is there any kind of a problem with the 50-round boxes of Federal Lightning .22LR that sell for $2.17?

I saw these bricks for the first time today.  The SG guy opened them up and sold them as 50 round boxes.  I inquired about it and my Walmart has no "room" for the 500 round box.  That is a shame since the price may have been around 3.6 cpr if my price source is accurate.  I ended up buying two Federal 325 round AutoMatch boxes instead.

Sucks when they do that.
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone in Austin seen ammo lately?  Nothing is showing up online.Wondering if it's not coming, or not being listed.  I know that some PPU 380 showed up, but don't know if Swire has it listed, or it came by different means.

Link Posted: 5/31/2013 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anyone in Austin seen ammo lately?  Nothing is showing up online.Wondering if it's not coming, or not being listed.  I know that some PPU 380 showed up, but don't know if Swire has it listed, or it came by different means.

Nothing all week as far as I have been able to tell. I was at the Georgetown store last night and they were even running low on shotgun ammo.  Academy however seemed to have a good amount of .223, 5.56 and 7.62. They even had some little boxes of Thunderbolts left. This was in Cedar Park at 11:00AM. Academy has been a good place to drop in and grab a box or two here and there with no early morning line BS. All the good bulk stuff they get is still camped out for by the usual carnie class entrepreneurs but at least it has been a reliable source.
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I just can't drive all the way to round rock or cedar Park for what may be only 20 rounds of ammo.  Cedar Park is 30 minutes, and Round Rock is 15 on a good day.
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Bastrop was slow as well but did end up with 3boxes of Fed 45 50 rounders this morning that were not on the app  and i got a box of  1000 M22 earlier this week.
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 8:23:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Bastrop was slow as well but did end up with 3boxes of Fed 45 50 rounders this morning that were not on the app  and i got a box of  1000 M22 earlier this week.

If you are referring to the SWIRE app please check the UPC here:

UPC checker

If it does not show up on his list please send him the UPC code to improve his searches.
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Thanks for posting that.  He had told me that he would send me a link but never did.  I just IMed three new additions.

Link Posted: 5/31/2013 9:03:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Drove 20 miles out of my way to be told ammo that showed in stock  on app. Was not in stock but in transit. Anyone else have this problem.
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I just can't drive all the way to round rock or cedar Park for what may be only 20 rounds of ammo.  Cedar Park is 30 minutes, and Round Rock is 15 on a good day.

Can't blame you there. If it helps at all, they have put out there mags again with no limit. The prices are not that great but at least not panic prices.
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 10:45:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Drove 20 miles out of my way to be told ammo that showed in stock  on app. Was not in stock but in transit. Anyone else have this problem.

Never, if it is in stock according to the app it is in the store...

Link Posted: 5/31/2013 10:50:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It doesn't show in stock until the truck has arrived at the store, the trailer opened and scanned. There is a bar code inside the trailer that is tied to the manifest, I scanned a few of these loading trailers at the DC.

Link Posted: 5/31/2013 10:53:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Nothing in my part of VA is showing up on the app either. Hope its a lull in supply, and that they haven't shut the mobile access down.....

Link Posted: 5/31/2013 10:59:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Heads up Indiana, Bloomington got value packs of .223, limited stock though
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing in my part of VA is showing up on the app either. Hope its a lull in supply, and that they haven't shut the mobile access down.....

I keep waiting for this to happen.
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 11:50:16 PM EDT
[#34]
You can still get to the info from the full site, just gotta do some developer stuff.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 6:30:27 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

THIS

Link Posted: 6/1/2013 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Scored some winchester 22 this morn 555 packs in the asheville area..
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#37]
They had 1 case of Winchester 555 and 2 cases of Remington 525 at the Blue Springs, MO store this morning for a total of 34 bricks of 22lr. I got there at 6:25am and was 10th in line, the deepest I've been in line by far and still walked away with 3 bricks. I now have 8.2 million rounds of 22lr, or somewhere near there. FWIW, they also had a shitload of Winchester pistol ammo-- 9mm, 40cal, 45acp, 45 colt, 38 special, etc.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 1:55:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Does this thread actually help anybody? It seems to be nothing more than people telling others about how they either a) scored ammo from a random Walmart or b) did not score ammo, followed by complaining about Walmart employees. I'm so confused.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 2:58:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true, it takes sometime to update inventory. You have to know how the store works it schedule if it shows in stock in the evening and they stock it at 7:00am you need to be in line at 7:00
if the stock it right off the trunk you need to be in line  but after the rush there is a period it will show Instock even though it has been sold so get to know your store.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does this thread actually help anybody? It seems to be nothing more than people telling others about how they either a) scored ammo from a random Walmart or b) did not score ammo, followed by complaining about Walmart employees. I'm so confused.

I don't consider this thread a "Hey, the Wal-Mart in so and so city has .22LR" type thread. Heck, by the time someone read the post and drove to the store in question, it would be long sold out. I consider it more of a thread dedicated to helpful tips on how to score ammo at Wal-Mart.

That's what I was thinking. I just see so many posts and I check it every now and then trying to get something out of the thread (because I could definitely use some ammo), but I can never find anything worth my while.

Link Posted: 6/1/2013 5:18:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't consider this thread a "Hey, the Wal-Mart in so and so city has .22LR" type thread. Heck, by the time someone read the post and drove to the store in question, it would be long sold out. I consider it more of a thread dedicated to helpful tips on how to score ammo at Wal-Mart.

That's what I was thinking. I just see so many posts and I check it every now and then trying to get something out of the thread (because I could definitely use some ammo), but I can never find anything worth my while.

Ah I see, so you don't like this thread because it's got a bunch of people talking about the ammo they've scored, and you don't have any ammo. Well, all the information you need to get yourself some ammo is contained within this thread, so...

Link Posted: 6/1/2013 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 6:50:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Ah I see, so you don't like this thread because it's got a bunch of people talking about the ammo they've scored, and you don't have any ammo. Well, all the information you need to get yourself some ammo is contained within this thread, so...

Haha exactly. I have a good bit, but we can all use more. Unfortunately, I don't have the luck, time or patience to deal with the idiots at Walmart!
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 7:06:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The thread evolved over time. You have obviously not read most of it. The innovation this thread provided was the tactic of using the Walmart app (and third party webpages searching the same info)  to search Walmarts inventory for in stock ammo. Then engaging in social engineering with Walmart employees to give up the ammo you know is in stock.

You don't have to be lucky. You will need some time and patience. The ammo will eventually come in. I knew what ammo was in stock because I checked the walmart mobile app last night before going to bed. I have scouted my local store to know when ammo goes on sale. I got up early this morning to be first in line when ammo went on sale at 0700 this morning (store policy not local law).

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

13ers
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

...worth my while.

Please define "worth your while".  If your definition of worth it is
arriving 15 minutes early for 2 M-22s and a 420rd ammo can of 5.56, then
I guess you will be waiting a while.

Link Posted: 6/1/2013 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#47]
here's a story about my last experience at walmart.

the walmart app showed ammo in stock so my girlfriend and I headed down to try our luck. we go in separately so we can both get 3 boxes. she goes up to the sporting good counter first while I walk around the store. she is told that if it's not in the display case that it's not in stock, but she convinces him to take a look in the back. she walks back with him and he tells 3 other guys back there that she wants ammo. they look at her incredulously and tell her "girl you want ammo? what kind you want?" she tells them she's looking for the 100 round packs of federal .223. they can't believe it and they shrug and go look. they tell her they just got a huge shipment of ammo and have lots of 40 and 45, but no 223. she thanks them and we're abut to leave when I figure it can't hurt to see if I'll have better luck, after all, the app still says "in stock"

there is no one at the sporting goods counter and after waiting 5 minutes I walk to customer service and tell them I'm looking for ammo. the lady pages sporting goods and tells me to go back. I wait 5 more minutes at the sporting goods counter and walk back to the customer service desk. she pages them again and I wait. this happens 3 times total and I'm ready to leave, enough of my time has been wasted. as I'm walking out my girlfriend tells me out of the corner of her mouth to grab a walmart associate that's walking by. I ask him for some help finding ammo and he tells me "we got no ammo man, we are bone dry, people are like vultures, as soon as we get some, you people snatch it right up." I thanked him and walked out.

once outside, my girlfriend asks me what he said and after I told her she shook her head and told me he was the one that told her about "the huge shipment" that just came in and that while she was waiting for me try my luck that specific associate ran into her twice and asked her about what guns she shot and if she was sure she didn't want any 40 or 45 because they had tons of it.

i can't believe that place and honestly since I've been trying to get walmart, my girlfriend has been the only one with any luck getting anything.

this was at the walmart in Cincinnati Ohio in Sharonville
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The thread evolved over time. You have obviously not read most of it. The innovation this thread provided was the tactic of using the Walmart app (and third party webpages searching the same info)  to search Walmarts inventory for in stock ammo. Then engaging in social engineering with Walmart employees to give up the ammo you know is in stock.

You don't have to be lucky. You will need some time and patience. The ammo will eventually come in. I knew what ammo was in stock because I checked the walmart mobile app last night before going to bed. I have scouted my local store to know when ammo goes on sale. I got up early this morning to be first in line when ammo went on sale at 0700 this morning (store policy not local law).

13ers

You've got too much time on your hands bud. I guess I have better things to do than wait in line at Walmart for 6 hours. Most of the people doing this are P.O.S. flippers who can't get real ,respectable jobs.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

13ers

You've got too much time on your hands bud. I guess I have better things to do than wait in line at Walmart for 6 hours. Most of the people doing this are P.O.S. flippers who can't get real ,respectable jobs.

I think you are misunderstanding. Which is to be expected since you haven't read much of this thread. Find the ammo in stock using the Walmart app for your smart phone or tablet. Find out what time your local Walmart puts out the ammo (if this is their policy, its 0700 round  here). Drive to Walmart and buy the ammo. No one is advocating waiting in line 6 hrs. If ammo is put out as it arrives you will probably need to get a manager to help you. Find the SKU number for the ammo you have found in stock via the app and have the manager check on hand inventory. This can be done at a computer (like customer service) or with the handheld 960 scanners. I am not a profiteer.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

13ers

Whats the deal with people that joined last year or later calling out 13ers? Is this just another way to call out noobs? Were the folks that joined in 2012 called out for being 12ers, 2011 11ers etc? Or, is there an implication that 13ers have some inherent characteristic that necessitates the need to call them out? I am not concerned about it, but just curious.  

Page / 117
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top