Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 117
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 11:44:36 AM EDT
[#1]
what is the swier app? i'm in TX and i can never find any .22 at walmart. I have not had any since december. help a brother putto find some please
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 11:46:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks to SWIRE's app i scored 3 box's of Winchester M22's this morning. The Walmart app or the walmart website didnt show them
so i didnt have any competition. M4MADNESS and I are the only ones that use the SWIRE app in our area and he was at work

As M4 has stated thay have started  blacking out the bar codes and putting a sticker over it.

The sticker says

" If this product is found for sale at a location other than Walmart, please call 1-800-WALMART "

Ive never scanned and box to check stock but for shits and giggles i tryed to clean it off but i smeared the ink on the box.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/2014-05-16_07_14_18.jpg
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/007392.JPG
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/004538.JPG
View Quote

what is the swier app? i'm in TX and i can never find any .22 at walmart. I have not had any since december. help a brother out to find some please
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 12:01:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
what is the swier app? i'm in TX and i can never find any .22 at walmart. I have not had any since december. help a brother putto find some please
View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1611186_My_ammo_app_is_back_up_and_running_.html
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 1:39:01 PM EDT
[#4]
anyone else noticing walmarts are charging more for ammo than even cabalas now? (western washington)
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1611186_My_ammo_app_is_back_up_and_running_.html

ok i used the swire app and it showed 100 rd mini mag limited stock, and 50 rd federal in stock. I ran over there and NOTHING. I asked if they could check for me in the back, she went and came back about 5 min later and she said sorry we don't have anything... what the hell? she was old so i don't think anything shady was going on.. is the app accurate?
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 7:08:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 7:59:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

ok i used the swire app and it showed 100 rd mini mag limited stock, and 50 rd federal in stock. I ran over there and NOTHING. I asked if they could check for me in the back, she went and came back about 5 min later and she said sorry we don't have anything... what the hell? she was old so i don't think anything shady was going on.. is the app accurate?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Likely both of those #s are inaccurate.  See if they persist in your store - if they keep showing in stock, the warehouse isn't tracking their inventory on that item.

You can check the computer inventory of any item in the store by scanning the barcode of the item @ one of the kiosks in Customer Service/Layaway.  It'll briefly show you the inventory the computer thinks they have.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Likely both of those #s are inaccurate.  See if they persist in your store - if they keep showing in stock, the warehouse isn't tracking their inventory on that item.

You can check the computer inventory of any item in the store by scanning the barcode of the item @ one of the kiosks in Customer Service/Layaway.  It'll briefly show you the inventory the computer thinks they have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

great tips. thanks!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 1:46:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow, I was just at my nearest Walmart tonight and all the ammo is gone! Not a trace! Think there was a few shotgun boxes! I think there was ammo last week!? I know there was 1.5- 2 weeks ago! They had all kinds of .223/5.56! Now I need to find out wth is going on!
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 2:30:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wow, I was just at my nearest Walmart tonight and all the ammo is gone! Not a trace! Think there was a few shotgun boxes! I think there was ammo last week!? I know there was 1.5- 2 weeks ago! They had all kinds of .223/5.56! Now I need to find out wth is going on!
View Quote

What's the store #?  It's on your receipt.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 11:38:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Between another friend and I we bought another 10 boxes (1,000 rounds) of the Federal .45 Auto 100 round Value Packs from the same store for $28.97 a box. And he said they had plenty more on the way. Five of those boxes were bought as a flat still in the shipping box.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 8:29:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Between another friend and I we bought another 10 boxes (1,000 rounds) of the Federal .45 Auto 100 round Value Packs from the same store for $28.97 a box. And he said they had plenty more on the way. Five of those boxes were bought as a flat still in the shipping box.
View Quote

Jesus that just pisses me off. Fucking $39 in Va. I like those 100 rd boxes, fairly accurate.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 12:30:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Jesus that just pisses me off. Fucking $39 in Va. I like those 100 rd boxes, fairly accurate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have had good luck with it through my FNX 45 Tactical and it doesn't seem to be dirtier than any other FMJ ammo like some claim.

I keep finding it, so I keep buying it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 8:33:12 AM EDT
[#14]
I spoke to one store that said they get ammo during the day, but the sporting goods person doesn't come in until 5:30 pm.  The ammo doesn't get put out until after 6 and before 8 pm.  Last Friday they were saying they put out 22 ammo at around 6:30 pm and it was gone by 9 pm.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I spoke to one store that said they get ammo during the day, but the sporting goods person doesn't come in until 5:30 pm.  The ammo doesn't get put out until after 6 and before 8 pm.  Last Friday they were saying they put out 22 ammo at around 6:30 pm and it was gone by 9 pm.
View Quote

That is about how it works here per the SG people in my 4 nearest Walmarts.  They were doing the first thing in the morning thing but got tired of seeing the same faces getting fat while the average guy got nothing.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 9:48:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Looks like This one
View Quote

Here's a working one. http://www.upcchecker.com/0814950016161/
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 2:09:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't mention the price change.  we bought a few boxes of the 45 in texas but stopped after the big jump last year.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Today was a good day for me at Walmart.
My buddy called me and told me that one of the local Walmarts had  2 of the 500 round Tula cans in stock.
They actually had 3 but I bought only 2 of them leaving one for someone else.
As far as I'm concerned 500 rounds for $119.00 is a good deal.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 9:14:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Also picked up a can of Tulammo .223 at the Walmart in Bradenton just east of I75 on 70.  They had 1 more and a little bit of everything else, even .38 which I haven't seen in a while.  No .22l.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Today was a good day for me at Walmart.
My buddy called me and told me that one of the local Walmarts had  2 of the 500 round Tula cans in stock.
They actually had 3 but I bought only 2 of them leaving one for someone else.
As far as I'm concerned 500 rounds for $119.00 is a good deal.
View Quote

I just scored one today. It took an assistant manager and a wait of almost an hour but persistence paid off. Brass Badger said they had it, there was no one in sporting goods so I asked the lady in automotive to look it up by UPC.  she said it showed that they had them but they were removed from the system.  that sounded funny. So I decided to go up to the customer service desk and have them check. They didn't have the right gadget to scan the codes but they sent me back to the electronics department where they did. A girl left with the number and went to the back store room to check for me half an hour later she comes back and says he doesn't have the right key so she goes and gets the assistant manager another half hour goes by and they found it. Assistant manager asked me what it was she had no clue but they found it.
I don't know whether it's poor inventory control, bad department managers, or people were hiding it but this time polite persistence paid off.
I have shot some Tula in the past so it was okay but I wanted this primarily for long term storage , hopefully I'll never shoot it. Maybe my son will in 20 years when I'm 78.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:  I just scored one today. It took an assistant manager and a wait of almost an hour but persistence paid off. Brass Badger said they had it, there was no one in sporting goods so I asked the lady in automotive to look it up by UPC.  she said it showed that they had them but they were removed from the system.  that sounded funny. So I decided to go up to the customer service desk and have them check. They didn't have the right gadget to scan the codes but they sent me back to the electronics department where they did. A girl left with the number and went to the back store room to check for me half an hour later she comes back and says he doesn't have the right key so she goes and gets the assistant manager another half hour goes by and they found it. Assistant manager asked me what it was she had no clue but they found it.
I don't know whether it's poor inventory control, bad department managers, or people were hiding it but this time polite persistence paid off.
I have shot some Tula in the past so it was okay but I wanted this primarily for long term storage , hopefully I'll never shoot it. Maybe my son will in 20 years when I'm 78.
View Quote

It was probably locked in their "cage" where controlled inventory items go as they come off the truck.  I've had very good luck w/ customer service.  They're not fast,  but they're thorough.  And it seems, as employees who have risen to staff the Customer Service desk, their near highest priority is taking care of the customer.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It was probably locked in their "cage" where controlled inventory items go as they come off the truck.  I've had very good luck w/ customer service.  They're not fast,  but they're thorough.  And it seems, as employees who have risen to staff the Customer Service desk, their near highest priority is taking care of the customer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I just scored one today. It took an assistant manager and a wait of almost an hour but persistence paid off. Brass Badger said they had it, there was no one in sporting goods so I asked the lady in automotive to look it up by UPC.  she said it showed that they had them but they were removed from the system.  that sounded funny. So I decided to go up to the customer service desk and have them check. They didn't have the right gadget to scan the codes but they sent me back to the electronics department where they did. A girl left with the number and went to the back store room to check for me half an hour later she comes back and says he doesn't have the right key so she goes and gets the assistant manager another half hour goes by and they found it. Assistant manager asked me what it was she had no clue but they found it.

True. When I went to customer service I said that I didn't blame the girl in the automotive department,  she tried, but I thought that since it wasn't her department she probably wasn't familiar enough with where the ammo not in the case might be. The girl from customer service apologized a couple of time for the girl from automotive not doing enough. So I was nice and they were nice. If you go in with an attitude I doubt they would have worked so hard to find it.

Link Posted: 6/6/2014 5:55:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Yesterday I was in a local Walmart and swung by the ammo case.
Low and behold there was .22 in stock at 10:15 AM.
I asked the clerk about it saying I was suprised to see it in the case.
He told me that the sporting goods manager and the store manager were tired of the line up of people early in the morning who just came in to buy up all the .22 ammo so they were putting it out at random times of day so that regular customers could get some.

Link Posted: 6/6/2014 10:46:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yesterday I was in a local Walmart and swung by the ammo case.
Low and behold there was .22 in stock at 10:15 AM.
I asked the clerk about it saying I was suprised to see it in the case.
He told me that the sporting goods manager and the store manager were tired of the line up of people early in the morning who just came in to buy up all the .22 ammo so they were putting it out at random times of day so that regular customers could get some.

View Quote

Did they mention if they send out text notifications to "friends and family" just before they bring it out?
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 10:18:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Local store has lowered the price of the Independence 5.56 to $8.97 a box, from $10.97. Still a little high though, but it's nice to see it coming down. They have a LOT sitting on the shelf.

Haven't seen many 100 pack 9mm in a while around here. Lots of the federal 50 packs, lots of 100 pack .40 and .45.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#26]
My local dropped prices of AE223, M193 and M193i to 8.97.
Federal 12g to 19.97
Rem 223 50 packs to $23.97
Sorta sporadic price drops focused on Rem and Fed.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Are the Tula .223 500 rd. boxes for 119.00 fairly rare? I have yet to see one.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 1:46:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

They're more regional than rare. I've seen them once at my local but have seen reports of them frequenting others.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 9:25:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

The spam cans? If so, and you have a smartphone, download the Wal-Mart app and scan this.
If it is not stock in your local store, use the "Find in another store" option.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#30]
does anyone have the barcode for the 1000 rd brick of winchester m-22's?
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 5:37:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Finally scored 400 rds of winchester white box JHPs in 9mm.  Left one box as the 400 brought me up to 500.  Was going to buy from Midway when they came in stock there, but was waiting on a coupon code.  Walmart worked out about $20 cheaper.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Went by the ammo counter today and there were a pile of boxes of what looked like the 150 cardboard "cans" of xm155.  I was in a huge hurry and there was no one there (no price either), they do not show up on Swires app.....any info on these????
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 9:08:51 PM EDT
[#33]
The Swire app showed Federal 22lr bulk packs and Remington 225 round 22lr packs in stock at Walmart #4416 here in Houston.  It's the store near Antoine and FM 249 for the locals.  Federal .45ACP 230gr 100 round boxes were also showing in stock.  I live close to this store so I stopped by.  Naturally there was nothing in the display cabinet and the SG guy said there was nothing in the back.  Ammo is still probably being hidden and water is wet lol.

Link Posted: 6/11/2014 9:43:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Walmart in Duarte, CA is really sketchy, seems like one of the employees is holding all of a specific caliber (fed 9mm 100rd, 22lr 550, etc). The site says it's limited stock but every time I go there there's nothing on the selves. It's been saying limited stock for days now and the csr said that the system "updates" at the end of the day which is bullshit because it has always updated instantly if not within the hour if something is bought out (for any item) at that store. Seems like I can only trust the ones in Covina/west Covina since they're actually honest about it.

On a side note, who bought all 22 boxes of the federal 9mm 100rd pack at the Covina, CA walmart lol
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Walmart in Duarte, CA is really sketchy, seems like one of the employees is holding all of a specific caliber (fed 9mm 100rd, 22lr 550, etc). The site says it's limited stock but every time I go there there's nothing on the selves. It's been saying limited stock for days now and the csr said that the system "updates" at the end of the day which is bullshit because it has always updated instantly if not within the hour if something is bought out (for any item) at that store. Seems like I can only trust the ones in Covina/west Covina since they're actually honest about it.

On a side note, who bought all 22 boxes of the federal 9mm 100rd pack at the Covina, CA walmart lol
View Quote

See this post:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_16/604347_Walmart_availability_thread.html&page=224#i6450995

Confirm the quantity, take a pic of the screen from the kiosk if you got a smartphone, and then get a manager to "find" the ammo.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 11:06:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

See this post:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_16/604347_Walmart_availability_thread.html&page=224#i6450995

Confirm the quantity, take a pic of the screen from the kiosk if you got a smartphone, and then get a manager to "find" the ammo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See this post:

Thanks! I just found this thread so I haven't seen the info posts. I'll definitely try that out the next time I'm at the store and something is "sold out."

Edit: Also, the federal value pk. 223's are "in stock" but there were none of them were on the selves as well. The WM app says quantity unknown as well.
I think the day time manager might be in on it but I'll check again later.
http://i.imgur.com/PDSHW9n.png
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 12:45:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/12/2014 4:03:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Each individual store's stock is scanned in, when it is loaded on the truck.

Relying on the website and app for stock, will result only in angst. Individuals stores, update differently, on out of stock. No, it is not automatic. That hasn't worked in about 2 years.

Best way to find out if they have ammo, is the Walmart app. Most Walmarts stock ammo on Wednesdays and Thursdays (in this area at least). The night before, check the items that are "Out of Stock", when you see it change to "Availability Unknown", that lets you know what they're getting. It will be put out on the shelves, the following morning.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a490/Finnbear1/PUBLIC/WinchesterM-22LongRifleBlackCopper1000rds_zpsedee263d.jpg

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Each individual store's stock is scanned in, when it is loaded on the truck.

Relying on the website and app for stock, will result only in angst. Individuals stores, update differently, on out of stock. No, it is not automatic. That hasn't worked in about 2 years.

Best way to find out if they have ammo, is the Walmart app. Most Walmarts stock ammo on Wednesdays and Thursdays (in this area at least). The night before, check the items that are "Out of Stock", when you see it change to "Availability Unknown", that lets you know what they're getting. It will be put out on the shelves, the following morning.
View Quote

It updated for every other ammo/item I bought there so unless those specific ones never get updated... yeah I don't know, tim :\ It's also been at availability unknown for while now.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 8:19:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Scored some more Federal .45 ACP 100 round packs last night for $28.97. They come around all the time now.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:47:06 PM EDT
[#42]
The walmart app w/ barcodes idea is genius. Where are you guys finding the barcodes for the ammo you want?

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:39:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Has anyone been able to buy CCI standard velocity by the brick?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have at gander mountain. but at $52.99 its not cheap
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 1:45:31 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's shown up a few times at walmart, so I was wondering if anyone had gotten a brick at a time.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#46]
been a slow month 22LR wise at my local store. Only picked up 3 100 boxes of MIni Mags before today. 2 cases of REM 225 round boxes arrived. #4 in line and scored 3 boxes.
I guess the neckbeards (Quite a few guys I have never seen before) who have been camping out at my store lately decided to try their luck with other store s in the metropolitan
area.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 12:21:18 AM EDT
[#47]
What's the story with the "New and Improved" Remington Hollow Point .22 LR? Is this stuff any good? I have been able to pick up 6 boxes of the 225 count in the past couple of weeks. I know that the original Golden Bullet had a lot of issues and I was just wondering if this stuff is decent.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 12:17:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
What's the story with the "New and Improved" Remington Hollow Point .22 LR? Is this stuff any good? I have been able to pick up 6 boxes of the 225 count in the past couple of weeks. I know that the original Golden Bullet had a lot of issues and I was just wondering if this stuff is decent.
View Quote

In typical 22 fashion, I have several children that actually prefer to eat it and some the despise it. I consider it good stuff. I have better results with the Goldens than I do with Federal or WInchester Bulk Packs.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Hey guys is the app working or is it just me ?
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Hey guys is the app working or is it just me ?
View Quote

Which one?

The regular iPhone WM app is still doing the out of stock" or "availability unknown" thing for me.
Page / 117
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top