User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 57
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 7:56:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I am somewhat of an ammo whore  

I have a little over 73K rounds of ammo. I have list of all calibers and quantity and check how much ammo I take to the range each time.

I recently got back into reloading and just got 36 lbs. of USGI powder in. Needless to say, the .223 numbers will be going up. I plan on keeping all my factory ammo where it's at and use reloads until some great ammo deals appear.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#2]
As already posted, I think I'm an ammo slut, not an ammo whore.

Plenty of ammo for shooting, but I need to replenish every 8-12 months or so because I get below 1000 rounds of "insert caliber here"

Link Posted: 12/20/2006 9:17:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ffhounddog] [#3]
Ron,

Is that just .223/5.56

If it is it is more than I have in my training budget in 5.56.

Scott

In my house I have a 1/3 of my 5.56 and 1/5 of 9mm.
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By DoctorCheney223:
Well I am somewhat of an ammo whore  

I have a little over 73K rounds of ammo. I have list of all calibers and quantity and check how much ammo I take to the range each time.

I recently got back into reloading and just got 36 lbs. of USGI powder in. Needless to say, the .223 numbers will be going up. I plan on keeping all my factory ammo where it's at and use reloads until some great ammo deals appear.

thanks,
Ron

That is what I've been thinking of doing (not yet setup to reload).  But now that I've seen the idea in black and white - looks like I'm gonna start reloading.

Nevis
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 9:27:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By ffhounddog:
Ron,

Is that just .223/5.56

Scott

No.. that is my total ammunition on hand.

Here is my ammunition list.

AMMUNITION

1. 7.62 x 51 NATO
Radway Green: non-corrosive, berdan 4000 rounds
Pinidad non-corrosive, boxer  600 rounds
Australian non-corrosive, berdan 3100 rounds
Cavim non-corrosive, boxer 1300 rounds
Spanish non-corrosive, berdan 1440 rounds
Pakistani non-corrosive, berdan 2000 rounds
Indian non-corrosive, boxer  800 rounds
Argentine non-corrosive, berdan            1000 rounds
Unknown non-corrosive, berdan  300 rounds
South African non-corrosive, berdan 1820 rounds   16060 rounds

2. 7.62 x 39 Russian
Russian non-corrosive, berdan 4800 rounds
Chinese non-corrosive, berdan 3000 rounds 7800 rounds

3. 5.56 NATO
Winchester Q131A non-corrosive, boxer 2000 rounds
Malaysian non-corrosive, boxer  200 rounds
Wolf  55 grn. non-corrosive, berdan 1000 rounds
Wolf  62 grn. non-corrosive, berdan 2800 rounds
X-M193 non-corrosive, boxer 2000 rounds
SS109 non-corrosive, boxer  700 rounds
Guatemalan non-corrosive, boxer 3000 rounds
M855 non-corrosive, boxer 3000 rounds
M855 (reload) non-corrosive, boxer 1000 rounds
M193 (reload) non-corrosive, boxer 1600 rounds
Radway Green non-corrosive, boxer  860 rounds
IMI M-193 non-corrosive, boxer 1000 rounds   19160 rounds

4. 5.45 x 39 Russian
Wolf non-corrosive, berdan  500 rounds
Russian non-corrosive, berdan  500 rounds
Russian 7N6 corrosive, berdan            5380 rounds 6400 rounds

5. 9mm
Remanufactured non-corrosive, boxer 2500 rounds  
S&B non-corrosive, boxer  700 rounds
Winchester non-corrosive, boxer 1000 rounds   3600 rounds

6. .303 British
Military surplus corrosive, berdan    200 rounds   200 rounds

7. 7.62 x 54R
Barnual non-corrosive, berdan    20 rounds
Albanian corrosive, berdan 3320 rounds 3340rounds

8. .45 ACP
Federal non-corrosive, boxer  250 rounds  
Winchester non-corrosive, boxer  500 rounds
Armscor non-corrosive, boxer  200 rounds     950 rounds

9. 7.62 x 25
Yugoslavian corrosive, berdan            1190 rounds   1440 rounds
SB non-corrosive, boxer  500 rounds

10.  8mm Mauser  
Yugoslavian corrosive, berdan 10800 rounds  10800 rounds

11.  .40 S&W
            Winchester non-corrosive, boxer 1000 rounds
Speer non-corrosive, boxer   150 rounds
            Armscor non-corrosive, boxer   150 rounds     1600 rounds

12.  .380 ACP
Winchester non-corrosive, boxer  1000 rounds    1500 rounds
Remington non-corrosive, boxer   500 rounds

13.  12 Gauge
           Winchester 2 ¾,    7 ½ shot   175 rounds        175 rounds

Total Rounds of Ammunition                              73,025 rounds
Link Posted: 12/20/2006 10:18:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XDBACKUPGUN] [#6]
Ok this thread is worthless without pics.

That means you DAN!

ETA: I am an ammo whore in training.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 12:12:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: uglygun] [#7]

Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Originally Posted By GlocksareGood:
I think this works better.   I mean, if a person only shoots his one Ar15 say five times a year and fires a total of 1000 rounds, but has 10k of XM-193 on hand, that guy is an ammo whore.  

Dude - if I had only 10,000 rounds on hand, do you really think I'd burn through a WHOLE 1000 rounds in ONE YEAR? No wai!

You're an ammo whore if you don't shoot because you might deplete your stash.
You're an ammo whore if you don't shoot because your stash might be reduced to a non-integer multiple of 1000 rounds.
You're an ammo whore if you feel the immediate need to order another case of ammo after you shot 2 boxes.
You're an ammo whore if you periodically take inventory of your children stash ammo and feel a deep sense of satisfaction that it's all there - followed by a feeling of severe inadequacy.

The list could surely be longer....

If you view every ammo can as "1/2 full" and strive to keep every ammo can you have topped off with no for air to expand, causing the dreaded "ammo can pop" as it expands/contracts....

If you occasionally lump all your ammo together to get a concept of how difficult it would be to move....

If you occasionally load it all into the back of your truck to see if the ass end of the truck sags noticably.....

Or, even after you realize you are breaking up the stash into several smaller stashes for fear of the pile falling over and squishing a loved one or pet....

If a 50Cal can is just "too small" for the amount of ammo you are looking to stock....

If you've turned to reloading because you squirrel away every once fired casing knowing that you can buy a new ammo can and fill it with ammo....

If you hate other ammo whores because you view them as competition....

If you hate other reloaders because you view them as competition....

You might be an ammo whore.

Ammo cat approves of this thread.   But he suggested I buy a few cases of 8mm Mauser for good measure, a chambering/rifle I don't even own yet.

Link Posted: 12/21/2006 12:18:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thedoctors308] [#8]
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 12:18:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By uglygun:

I think this works better.   I mean, if a person only shoots his one Ar15 say five times a year and fires a total of 1000 rounds, but has 10k of XM-193 on hand, that guy is an ammo whore.  

Dude - if I had only 10,000 rounds on hand, do you really think I'd burn through a WHOLE 1000 rounds in ONE YEAR? No wai!

You're an ammo whore if you don't shoot because your stash might be reduced to a non-integer multiple of 1000 rounds.
You're an ammo whore if you feel the immediate need to order another case of ammo after you shot 2 boxes.
You're an ammo whore if you periodically take inventory of your children stash ammo and feel a deep sense of satisfaction that it's all there - followed by a feeling of severe inadequacy.

If you occasionally lump all your ammo together to get a concept of how difficult it would be to move....

If you occasionally load it all into the back of your truck to see if the ass end of the truck sags noticably.....

Or, even after you realize you are breaking up the stash into several smaller stashes for fear of the pile falling over and squishing a loved one or pet....

If a 50Cal can is just "too small" for the amount of ammo you are looking to stock....

You might be an ammo whore.

Ammo cat approves of this thread.   But he suggested I buy a few cases of 8mm Mauser for good measure, a chambering/rifle I don't even own yet.

home.bak.rr.com/varmintcong/misc/ammocat.jpg

Whats the stuff in the middle row on the bottom in the big green cans?

Nice stash.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 12:23:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: uglygun] [#10]

Originally Posted By fxntime:

Whats the stuff in the middle row on the bottom in the big green cans?

Nice stash.

That fits in with the, "If you think 50cal. cans are too small" crowd.

Sportsmans Guide used to call them "grenade cans" though they are marked with 5.56 labeling.

12gauge and 20gauge shells fit NICELY into these cans, don't have a pic of that though.

Here's how the cans are marked,

2 of the cans have around 2000 rounds each of M193 reloads using 846 powder.   Other can has around 150 rounds of 12gauge and maybe 100 of 20 gauge in it.

Also in that pic are my MK19cans, 2 of which hold around 2400 rounds each of Wolf plus 2 more MK19 cans holding 312 rounds of 50BMG.   I'm trying to find a source for more MK19 cans here locally so I can load up another 2 with 50BMG once primers arrive.   The MK19 cans weigh around 80 pounds when loaded with 50BMG.

Originally Posted By thedoctors308:
Come on UG, you know you want a Yugo Mauser...everyone needs a good C/R bolt gun!

C&R application arrived yesterday in fact.

Between a nice Mauser and some of those damn Nagant carbines, I'm split on what I want more.   What I really want is a Russian captured K98 that still has the markings intact.    I'm thinking a pair of Mausers and 4 or so cases of 8mm.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 12:29:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks!!! Those cans threw me for a loop, just could not ID them worth a darn.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 12:33:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Thanks!!! Those cans threw me for a loop, just could not ID them worth a darn.

Yeah, they are a rare breed.

Guess that's another form of Ammo Whore Syndrome, appreciation of ammo cans or being severely disturbed when you can't recognize an ammo can.

Then there is the time tested fine art of loading an ammo can so that you have not a single spare inch of space.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I hate that pic i am so insignificant compard to you.  I just stock 8mm and .223.  I like my 1936 K98 with no import marking.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 8:21:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SPTiger] [#14]

Originally Posted By uglygun:
Ammo cat approves of this thread.  

Ammo Cat is too cool! I'll bet he can distinguish caliber by smell!

+1 on the 8mm Mauser. I picked up a beautiful un-issued Yugo M48A a few months ago. It looks like it just left the factory.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 8:24:04 AM EDT
[#15]
I should point out that I WAS going to see just how much of everything I have during the school break.  But since that's a "bad sign", then I'll leave it at "I know I have a couple cans of 5.56, FIVE (small) cans or .30-'06, less than a brick of .22, and one battle pack of .308.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 9:09:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I have slowed down a lot on my ammo purchases; I've been having trouble with the forklift.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 10:27:30 AM EDT
[#17]
If you regularly check the joists under your floors for sagging, you might just be an ammo whore.  <guilty>

Link Posted: 12/21/2006 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 10:56:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By gus:
If you regularly check the joists under your floors for sagging, you might just be an ammo whore.  <guilty>

Concrete floor, there is no way a wood floor could hold my stash. At least not in a concentrated area. I don't think tons of ammo can be considered safe on a first or second floor with a typical house floor joice system. I personally don't want to test it either.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#20]

That is what basements and concrete floors are for.   I could not imagine a couple of tons of ammo in a upstairs room.   God forbid an apartment.   I can just here the super now.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 11:03:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gus] [#21]

That is what basements and concrete floors are for.   I could not imagine a couple of tons of ammo in a upstairs room.   God forbid an apartment.   I can just here the super now.  

THe problem at my house is there is no outside entrance to the basement. If I carry it down there, I have to carry it back up. Also, my basement hasn't proven itself to be the dry storage place I'd hoped for (no flooding, but moist in summer). Thus, I store my ammo in various closets and other places up stairs. I keep it spread out though, out of concern for the joists.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 11:10:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GlocksareGood] [#22]

THe problem at my house is there is no outside entrance to the basement. If I carry it down there, I have to carry it back up. Also, my basement hasn't proven itself to be the dry storage place I'd hoped for (no flooding, but moist in summer). Thus, I store my ammo in various closets and other places up stairs. I keep it spread out though, out of concern for the joists.

Yeah that makes it tough.   No water in mine ever(live on a hill side) and I can just back the truck up to the side door and dolly my gunshow finds in and on top of the correct pile.    

Might try some shelving.   I bought a heavy shelf from the home depot 3-4 years ago.   It has held up well.   Has close to a ton on it with out falling yet.   That should keep your stash out of the water.

Missed the moist part.   That is a problem.   I think I would have to try a dehydrator.   If I moved my stash to closets my wife would beat me.    
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 11:14:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: silascobb] [#23]

Originally Posted By kc7txm:

Originally Posted By MisterWilson:

Originally Posted By Darkstar117:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/ICE2424/Other/DSC01738e.jpg

It's all you need...

Darkstar, did you realized that there's an assault rifle, maybe an AUG, in the lower left part of that picture?

ETA:  It actually looks like a SHRIKE m16 w/ an A2 stock,  200 round box, and maybe an ELCAN scope.  Holy crap!  Am I seeing things or is that cool?

ETA2:  A2 or a magpul stock?

Dude you have guns on the brain..... I see it too !?!

And that folks is exactly how people see the Virgin Mary under an overpass.

cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_108081527.html

It's definitely a message to the world that the Blessed Mother is real,� believer Joanne Vrablik says.

Un-huh.  That's how she wanted to appear, as a salt stain under the Kennedy Expressway.  Okaaaaaay.

or as toast on a grilled cheese sandwich:

If you look hard enough for something, you will start seeing it everywhere.

ETA:  Back on the topic, I am an ammo whore at heart, but my disposable income does not permit me to indulge my desires.  I've only got about 1K in each caliber.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 11:21:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gus] [#24]

Missed the moist part.   That is a problem.   I think I would have to try a dehydrator.   If I moved my stash to closets my wife would beat me.    

I have a dehumidifyer down there, but in summer it's still humid as hell. No problems with a wife - my GF has her own house.  I'd do something about the basement access (basement ventilation would help the humidity issue as well), but I'm thinking of moving to a bigger and more remote house sometime maybe this spring or summer (especially if the market continues its current slide). I need more space!! (how terrible is that for a single guy?)
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 11:26:22 AM EDT
[#25]
A "true ammo whore" has enough ammo crates to build a full size mock up of Stonehenge and hold the secret rituals of the gun druids.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By Saxon_Engineer:
A "true ammo whore" has enough ammo crates to build a full size mock up of Stonehenge and hold the secret rituals of the gun druids.

You know you're an ammo whore when you can build complex structural designs with your ammo cans.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By silascobb:

It's all you need...

Darkstar, did you realized that there's an assault rifle, maybe an AUG, in the lower left part of that picture?

ETA:  It actually looks like a SHRIKE m16 w/ an A2 stock,  200 round box, and maybe an ELCAN scope.  Holy crap!  Am I seeing things or is that cool?

img.viacomlocalnetworks.com/images_sizedimage_108082515/lg

athens.src.uchicago.edu/~lenka/images/virgin-mary-kennedy.jpg

It's definitely a message to the world that the Blessed Mother is real,� believer Joanne Vrablik says.

Un-huh.  That's how she wanted to appear, as a salt stain under the Kennedy Expressway.  Okaaaaaay.

www.cbc.ca/gfx/photos/virgin_sandwich_cp_6659273.jpg

ETA:  Back on the topic, I am an ammo whore at heart, but my disposable income does not permit me to indulge my desires.  I've only got about 1K in each caliber.

Dang, I thought the Virgin Mary Pic was a vagina. Oops.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 12:01:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fxntime] [#28]
OK, I have about 85K of rifle ammo with some more on the way and about 45 50 cal cans and 855linked fat fifty cans [least thats what I call them] of handgun ammo to include .22. Just 2 cans of shottie ammo. Thats what is at home.

Rifle ammo

About 44K 5.56.
24K or so of .308, mostly surp with some match stuff. Now 25.5K
6K of 30.06
6K 7.62x39
3K 30 carbine [need more]

Handgun ammo is 9mm, 45acp, 45 colt, .454casull, .38spl .22.little bit of .32acp, [just hve a 38H in that caliber] 25acp.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Ammo whore wannabe here.

I thought I had some ammo till I looked through this thread.

That's it! My ammo is on the bottom of a lake near here with my guns.

Danny
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 12:35:54 PM EDT
[#30]

It's all you need...

Your absolutely correct.

I see a Luger of a Nambu pistol on that cheese sammich.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#31]

Originally Posted By DoctorCheney223:

Originally Posted By ffhounddog:
Ron,

Is that just .223/5.56

Scott

No.. that is my total ammunition on hand.

Here is my ammunition list.

AMMUNITION

1. 7.62 x 51 NATO
Radway Green: non-corrosive, berdan 4000 rounds
Pinidad non-corrosive, boxer  600 rounds
Australian non-corrosive, berdan 3100 rounds
Cavim non-corrosive, boxer 1300 rounds
Spanish non-corrosive, berdan 1440 rounds
Pakistani non-corrosive, berdan 2000 rounds
Indian non-corrosive, boxer  800 rounds
Argentine non-corrosive, berdan            1000 rounds
Unknown non-corrosive, berdan  300 rounds
South African non-corrosive, berdan 1820 rounds   16060 rounds

2. 7.62 x 39 Russian
Russian non-corrosive, berdan 4800 rounds
Chinese non-corrosive, berdan 3000 rounds 7800 rounds

3. 5.56 NATO
Winchester Q131A non-corrosive, boxer 2000 rounds
Malaysian non-corrosive, boxer  200 rounds
Wolf  55 grn. non-corrosive, berdan 1000 rounds
Wolf  62 grn. non-corrosive, berdan 2800 rounds
X-M193 non-corrosive, boxer 2000 rounds
SS109 non-corrosive, boxer  700 rounds
Guatemalan non-corrosive, boxer 3000 rounds
M855 non-corrosive, boxer 3000 rounds
M855 (reload) non-corrosive, boxer 1000 rounds
M193 (reload) non-corrosive, boxer 1600 rounds
Radway Green non-corrosive, boxer  860 rounds
IMI M-193 non-corrosive, boxer 1000 rounds   19160 rounds

4. 5.45 x 39 Russian
Wolf non-corrosive, berdan  500 rounds
Russian 7N6 corrosive, berdan            5380 rounds 6400 rounds

5. 9mm
Remanufactured non-corrosive, boxer 2500 rounds  
S&B non-corrosive, boxer  700 rounds
Winchester non-corrosive, boxer 1000 rounds   3600 rounds

6. .303 British
Military surplus corrosive, berdan    200 rounds   200 rounds

7. 7.62 x 54R
Barnual non-corrosive, berdan    20 rounds
Albanian corrosive, berdan 3320 rounds 3340rounds

8. .45 ACP
Federal non-corrosive, boxer  250 rounds  
Winchester non-corrosive, boxer  500 rounds
Armscor non-corrosive, boxer  200 rounds     950 rounds

9. 7.62 x 25
Yugoslavian corrosive, berdan            1190 rounds   1440 rounds
SB non-corrosive, boxer  500 rounds

10.  8mm Mauser  
Yugoslavian corrosive, berdan 10800 rounds  10800 rounds

11.  .40 S&W
            Winchester non-corrosive, boxer 1000 rounds
Speer non-corrosive, boxer   150 rounds
            Armscor non-corrosive, boxer   150 rounds     1600 rounds

12.  .380 ACP
Winchester non-corrosive, boxer  1000 rounds    1500 rounds
Remington non-corrosive, boxer   500 rounds

13.  12 Gauge
           Winchester 2 ¾,    7 ½ shot   175 rounds        175 rounds

Total Rounds of Ammunition                              73,025 rounds

What an amateur...
only 175 rounds of 12 gauge!

Harp

Link Posted: 12/21/2006 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#32]

It's all you need...

img.viacomlocalnetworks.com/images_sizedimage_108082515/lg

athens.src.uchicago.edu/~lenka/images/virgin-mary-kennedy.jpg

Dang, I thought the Virgin Mary Pic was a vagina. Oops.

Holy Crap, I never noticed that before!
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 3:10:48 PM EDT
[#33]

OK, I have about 85K of rifle ammo with some more on the way and about 45 50 cal cans and 855linked fat fifty cans [least thats what I call them] of handgun ammo to include .22. Just 2 cans of shottie ammo. Thats what is at home.

Rifle ammo

About 44K 5.56.
24K or so of .308, mostly surp with some match stuff.
6K of 30.06
6K 7.62x39

Handgun ammo is 9mm, 45acp, 45 colt, .454casull, .38spl .22.little bit of .32acp, [just hve a 38H in that caliber] 25acp.  

Damn nice stock pile.  Now for informational purposes how much of each do you consume in a year?  How long would your stock pile last you if you shot at a normal rate?  50% Normal?
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 5:39:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fxntime] [#34]

Rifle ammo

About 44K 5.56.
24K or so of .308, mostly surp with some match stuff.
6K of 30.06
6K 7.62x39

Damn nice stock pile.  Now for informational purposes how much of each do you consume in a year?  How long would your stock pile last you if you shot at a normal rate?  50% Normal?

I shoot somewhere around 5 to 6 K a year of rifle ammo with the kids help and somewhere around 6K, maybe more of handgun. I used to shoot WAY more handgun then rifle but I've toned back a bit on that. I did get a 6450 to shoot 9mm as I can get 147 grainers for $100 per K and it's quiet enough to shoot in the backyard unlike 5.56 and larger rifle rounds.

If the kid goes off to college next year I'll probably still shoot about the same hopefully.

Some of the 308 surp I have is just because I know it'll not be there in quantity [hi quality stuff] reliably as time passes, and with 3 M1As, 2 FALS and a 308 Garand I wanted to have some affordable ammo put away.

And my 1500 rounds just arrived of Port and Aussie, whoot,THANKS LARRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Now to wrap it and put it under the tree from Ammo Claus. He's the cool younger brother of Santa, fly's an A-10 Christmas Eve.

I wanted to put back around 10 years of normal usage just in case the Libs do something stupid like tax ammo at an exorbitant rate,or put a ban on importation of surplus. I would not put something like that past them and I remember Patrick Moynihans BS crap he was touting in the 90s.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#35]

You're an ammo whore if you started reloading so you could shoot more, but find you aren't shooting as much because it cuts into your reloading sessions.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
You're NOT an ammo whore if you put your ammo in stripper clips, mags or bandoleers stored in ammo cans. That implies the possibility you might take ammo out and actually USE it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By Oslow:
I have slowed down a lot on my ammo purchases; I've been having trouble with the forklift.

I had that problem, kept burning them up. So I got one of these-

You just suck up the piles of ammo and it drops it in your dump trucks, then off to the bunker.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Ammo whore.... ish.

found 40 cases of Win Q3131 (91) in the corner of the basement hiding behind a row of ammo cans on a shelf.

Link Posted: 12/21/2006 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Originally Posted By 2gunner:
Ammo whore.... ish.

found 40 cases of Win Q3131 (91) in the corner of the basement hiding behind a row of ammo cans on a shelf.

You lost 20,000 rounds of Q3131? Lose some stuff around me please.........PLEASE.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 8:02:32 PM EDT
[#39]

losing count of the amount of ammo you have - understandable

forgetting exactly where you buried your ex-wife - human

losing 20K rounds in the basement - unbelievable

Nevis
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 8:12:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Ahem... well..... ahhh...
actually, they are the old style flat 1k cases..... as in 40,000 rounds...

it wasn't really lost, just misplaced...  
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#41]

Ahem... well..... ahhh...
actually, they are the old style flat 1k cases..... as in 40,000 rounds...

it wasn't really lost, just misplaced...  

Sweet Sweet Lord
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 9:03:17 PM EDT
[#42]
those aren't the three words I uttered when it was discovered... but close.
wish I had a digital camera and could post a pic, but I'm so electronicaly retarded it's a wonder I can check my e-mail without asking my teenager for help...
another thing I "found" was a case of 45acp 230gr Triton Quick-Shok, and a couple cases of assorted 9mm Cor-Bon.  Waa-Hoooooo.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 9:22:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Firefoxammo] [#43]

Ammo whore.... ish.

Link Posted: 12/21/2006 9:22:55 PM EDT
[#44]
That UPS guy just keeps bringing more.   I keep hoping he'll stop, but it just never seems to end.

Link Posted: 12/21/2006 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#45]
I am over 50k now. I have had to begin spreading the ammo around the house. The floor in the ammo room was beginning to sag. I do have a nice lampstand made out of Yugo 8mm crates. I am finishing a matching one of Czech silvertip 7.62x54 across the room from it. I am going to pick up a deceased buddy in-laws ammo stash tomorrow. He told me I would need a truck.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#46]
You guys make me feel normal.

My friends all think I'm crazy for haveing 50,000+ rounds of 5.56, 308, 9mm, 45 ACP & 357 mag in my basement.  

I haven't been shooting as much as I'd like to, I'm afraid I'll drop below the 50K mark, and i'm trying to get to the 100K mark before the 2008 elections.

Damn ammo prices are getting out of control though.  It's gonna be rough hitting 100K of primary calibers
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#47]
I feel so dirty reading all this.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2006 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By Firefoxammo:

Ammo whore.... ish.

Agreed.

I would like to see pics....
Link Posted: 12/22/2006 12:28:20 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm not a whore yet, but if I hang around here long enough, I just may be one yet.
Link Posted: 12/22/2006 12:43:49 AM EDT
[#50]
I burn up 7,000-10,000 rnds every shoot, have ammo brought to the house by the tons by tractor trailor, ammo is stacked to the ceilin and all around the walls and at another location cause i cant keep it all here. Ammo Whore? NO. Preparred? YES!
Page / 57
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top