Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2017 10:25:30 PM EDT
I like my PSA AR9 but the lack of a left-side magazine release is slowing down my mag changes in the local USPSA matches.

What 9mm carbine would you suggest that has an ambidextrous safety and magazine release? A last-round bolt hold-open would be nice as well, and a good trigger or one that can be  easily upgraded.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:48:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Those CZ scorpion guys seem to really love those things.  They're supposed to be "fully ambidextrous".  They ship with a 25lb trigger.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:57:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, scorpion. You can run charging handle and safeties on either, or both, sides. Lefty ready!
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:14:46 PM EDT
[#3]
If you go with a Colt pattern lower, it will much easier to set up a ambi mag release, bolt release, etc. Plus most Colt lowers have LRBO tha works 100%.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:53:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd probably check out the Beretta Storm carbine 
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 3:01:05 PM EDT
[#5]
https://www.stagarms.com/left-handed-9mm-sets/
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd look at a left-hand ejection AR but I want right-handed family members to be able to use the rifle as well. I think I'm going to give the nod to the CZ Scorpion. I like the SIG MPX but the much higher cost of the rifle plus extra mags is a bit hard to take.

NOW the question is whether to buy a CZ carbine and a pistol with an eye toward SBRing it. Leaning carbine.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:52:27 PM EDT
[#7]
If you're going to run the CZ stock, start with the carbine, if you're going to run any other stock, start with a pistol.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 12:53:50 AM EDT
[#8]
CZ Scorpion carbine has been ordered.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top