Taccom 9mm Extreme BCG
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#1]
"Works with ramped and standard non ramped barrels."
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey OP...
Medicfrost style  threads suck.
Spend the extra 20 seconds on cut n' paste for a description and adding an image.

Description

The TACCOM extreme 9mm bolt is THE 9mm bolt taken to the next level!!

First, we use a standard mil spec proven 5.56 pivoting extractor for long service use.

Next, we did away with that heavy gas key and replaced it with a low drag, low weight orientation key……all that key does is keep your bolt from rotating, nothing else. No need to stake these bolts, you have 1/5 of the original key weight so it will not become loose and it will not shear your screws.

Going with a low friction coating like Nickel Boron only makes sense in a blow back action, not only will it continue to function in adverse conditions, but it will be a breeze to clean as well. Our bolts were designed to run with our new ramped barrels but will work equally as well with our non ramped barrels as well as other standard 9mm AR15 barrels too! Yes, the bolt is rather extreme, but you need that to be a leader.

Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry man, I was at work.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Forgive my ignorance, but what does the charging handle grab? That figure 8 thingie?   I like the idea of a standard AR 15 extractor.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Forgive my ignorance, but what does the charging handle grab? That figure 8 thingie?   I like the idea of a standard AR 15 extractor.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 9:34:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks.  I always thought the charging handle pulled back on the gas key.  Learn something new every day.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 10:27:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought low mass was a bad thing on a blowback gun?

I know it was on the Olympic Arms upper I had. Thing had a ton of recoil and sheared the plastic on the back of my 9 mm buffer.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 4:20:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I thought low mass was a bad thing on a blowback gun?

I know it was on the Olympic Arms upper I had. Thing had a ton of recoil and sheared the plastic on the back of my 9 mm buffer.
View Quote
Yes, a heavy bolt and buffer will slow down the blowback action.  At 14.4 ounces, I would not consider this bolt low mass.  The "gas" key is what Taccom is calling low mass.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 6:44:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Does look nice, not sure nice enough to pay more for it than a current style 9mm bcg.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:15:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm interested. I wonder if it works OK with the current crop of side-charging 9mm uppers, though.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Tim (Taccom) makes good stuff. I have two of his 9mm ULW uppers on my gamer guns.

He just sent my one of the "dog bone" gas key replacements to try out. I have not had a chance to install it, but will post up my thoughts once I do.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:08:51 AM EDT
[#12]
With the exception of the gas key, TACCOM's bolt looks very similar to Faxon's as yet unavailable bolt. Both appear to use a standard AR-type extractor and have barrel ramp cutouts.  If the pic on Faxon's website is accurate, the two bolts look identical except for the finish. TACCOM's weight is 14.4 oz, Faxon 15.05.  The TACCOM bolt is $180, Faxon advertised at $165...for $15 I think I'd go for the TACCOM for the simple reason it is available right now. A bolt is all I'm lacking in this build and I'd sure like to get it running.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Got mine today...nice piece of workmanship. AR-type extractor held in place by a rollpin. Firing pin retained by the same method. Rear weight is removeable if you so desire, by knocking out another rollpin.

I had time only for two Glock 33 round mags to check function. There was more recoil and dip than I anticipated but I've never had a pure blowback centerfire pistol caliber AR before this...kinda glad I didn't opt for a .40 or 10mm (but I would like to have one eventually).

PSA Glock lower (no LRBHO)
Faxon 8-1/2 bbl
Guntec 7" handguard
Anderson upper (no port door or F/A)
Anderson charging handle
Spike's Tactical A2 9mm flash hider (1/2-28)
KAK Industries 10 oz buffer
TACCOM bolt
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Got mine today...nice piece of workmanship. AR-type extractor held in place by a rollpin. Firing pin retained by the same method. Rear weight is removeable if you so desire, by knocking out another rollpin.

I had time only for two Glock 33 round mags to check function. There was more recoil and dip than I anticipated but I've never had a pure blowback centerfire pistol caliber AR before this...kinda glad I didn't opt for a .40 or 10mm (but I would like to have one eventually).

PSA Glock lower (no LRBHO)
Faxon 8-1/2 bbl
Guntec 7" handguard
Anderson upper (no port door or F/A)
Anderson charging handle
Spike's Tactical A2 9mm flash hider (1/2-28)
KAK Industries 10 oz buffer
TACCOM bolt
View Quote
Correction. Buffer was from KVP

Strike that, buffer was KAK as I originally thought.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I had a JP bolt with the JP silent captured spring. Loved it but could not use my Geissele SSA as it would experience 3-5 round bursts using the trigger reset. (Sounds cool but they frown here in California)

I switched to this Taccom bolt and re-installed the Geissele trigger. Works excellent! The Taccom bottom center section is just slightly lower and locks the hammer back every time.

Only downfall is I used the KAW valley 7.5 buffer and extra power spring and have broken the bolt catch. UGH!

I ordered the Taccom adjustable buffer setup in hopes to slow it down more.

This 9mm carbine has cost me a bundle but I am addicted!
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 3:38:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Uses a standard 556 extractor.  Nice.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 9:26:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I had a JP bolt with the JP silent captured spring. Loved it but could not use my Geissele SSA as it would experience 3-5 round bursts using the trigger reset. (Sounds cool but they frown here in California)

I switched to this Taccom bolt and re-installed the Geissele trigger. Works excellent! The Taccom bottom center section is just slightly lower and locks the hammer back every time.

Only downfall is I used the KAW valley 7.5 buffer and extra power spring and have broken the bolt catch. UGH!

I ordered the Taccom adjustable buffer setup in hopes to slow it down more.

This 9mm carbine has cost me a bundle but I am addicted!
View Quote
That KAW Valley buffer is extended, is it not? I'm assuming you have a LRBHO setup.

I had the same experience today...getting 2-5 round bursts. Using the KVP extra power recoil spring and the KAK 10 oz buffer with the stock PSA fire control group. I was using a cheek weld and wondered if the fore and aft movement of all that weight (about 24 ounces of bolt and buffer) was causing the bursts.  If I came off the trigger after each shot, it ran normally but if I held the trigger back, that's when the fun stuff happened.  If I run the bolt by hand, the hammer locks back every time.  I think I've got some sort of bump-fire going on.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Ordered a Faxon 9mm BCG today.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top