Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2017 2:30:22 PM EDT
I need help picking out some upper components. I have a Frontier Arms Glock Lower. This rifle will be a plinking gun don't really care for accuracy... just reliability.

I see DaytonaTactical having regular sales on 16" 9mm Barrels for like 70-80$

I currently have a Blem Spikes Upper that I paid little to nothing for.

I have a standard LPK for an AR15, and the Lower

I have an old quad rail w/ barrel nut...

What's the cheapest bolt carrier I can get for 9mm that's compatible with glock style mags?
Also, what other components will have to add to my standard LPK to be reliable and not break bolt catches?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I need help picking out some upper components. I have a Frontier Arms Glock Lower. This rifle will be a plinking gun don't really care for accuracy... just reliability.

What's the cheapest bolt carrier I can get for 9mm that's compatible with glock style mags?
Also, what other components will have to add to my standard LPK to be reliable and not break bolt catches?
View Quote

Spinta precision has a 16" stainless bead blasted barrel if you don't mind 1/16 twist and 1/2x36 threaded muzzle $85
http://www.spintaprecision.com/16-9mm-lightweight-stainless-steel-barrel-1-16-twist-1-2x36-introductory-price-on-our-matte-bead-blasted-finish/

When they have them in stock the spinta blem bcg is $110
http://www.spintaprecision.com/blem-9mm-nitride-bolt-carrier-group/

If you are going to have a LRBHO then you will either need a standard carbine length heavy buffer with a spacer to avoid breaking bolt catches or a dedicated 9mm buffer that is already extended for this. There are a bunch of different weights offered from 5.5oz-10oz maybe even more to fit whatever you need. Most will tell you the heavier the better usually but read up on the buffer weights and figure out what works for you.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#2]
What Lower do you have, this will help answering a couple of your questions.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can get the New Frontier Arms BCG, the component version for $149.00.  You can get on of their barrels for for about a $134.00, match grade!  Standards are even a litltle cheaper.  These bolts are cut to work with glock mags also!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What Lower do you have, this will help answering a couple of your questions.
View Quote
New Frontier Armory C 9 Lower...
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:54:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I use the Spinta BCG. Zero issues.
The NFA is known to break firing pins.

Dave N
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 for Macon.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top