Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2017 9:08:14 AM EDT
I just put together a 9mm sbr. Black creek EF9 lower, gibbz side charging upper, colt mags.

The mags seat just fine without the upper attached to the lower. But when it's all assembled you have to slam the hell outta the mag to get it to latch, then it'll only run a couple of rounds before it jams.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#1]
What mags and will the mag seat fine with the bolt locked back?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#2]
ASC 32 round mags.

No, even with the BCG completely removed the mags are hard to seat. It's hitting on the upper. The BCP lower comes with a tension screw that I haven't installed, but I still don't know it that'll give enough upper to lower separation to get the mags to lock easily.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ASC 32 round mags.

No, even with the BCG completely removed the mags are hard to seat. It's hitting on the upper. The BCP lower comes with a tension screw that I haven't installed, but I still don't know it that'll give enough upper to lower separation to get the mags to lock easily.
View Quote
Is the mag feed lips dragging on  the bolt ?? Then file the feed lips where it is dragging.

Or is the mag making contact on the edges of the upper ??
If this is the case, you'll need to widen the area, of reduce the mags width.

Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's where it's contacting the upper, on the little lips that stick out on both sides below the ejection port.

Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#5]
This is a classic issue with all colt style metal mags.

They are "under manufactured", so you need to do some work with a rasp kit on them.

Heres instructions on how to do that

Click here

Ive done this to about 7 mags, they all work perfectly now.  Try to avoid c product or asc mags from now on, they over coat them with powder and paint.  Metalforms are what ive found to be best.

Go to my AR build here - Click for my AR
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd try a metal form mag. I have had issues with ACS mags. PSA has metalform mags cheap
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:09:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This is a classic issue with all colt style metal CP/ASC mags.
View Quote
FTFY...
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:05:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'd try a metal form mag. I have had issues with ACS mags. PSA has metalform mags cheap
View Quote
PSA had them, out of stock for a while now. If they get more they will probably go fast, it is best to sign up for the email update.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:09:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:50:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I had the same problem seating ASC magazines with the bolt closed.  I also had problems with the feed lips hitting on the bolt.

After a couple of minutes with a file and my calipers, the feed lips were filed down and they would seat on a closed bolt.  They also didn't hit the bolt anymore.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:40:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I had the same problem seating ASC magazines with the bolt closed.  I also had problems with the feed lips hitting on the bolt.

After a couple of minutes with a file and my calipers, the feed lips were filed down and they would seat on a closed bolt.  They also didn't hit the bolt anymore.
View Quote
NFA mod bolts fix the closer problem also but not the feeding issues. My ASC mags run about 5 rounds and then ..... OP Keep checking PSA they do have metalform mags most of the times I've checked. The out of stock is temp. Brownells has their colt metal form mags and they work well too but they cost.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 5:55:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Man, my BCP lower and Model 1 upper worked good with the ASCs. I did have an issue with the CMMG bolt hitting the powdercoat finish they used on the early ones, my last batch was gtg for the beginning. If ya off load the ASCs, let me know, I could use more.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#13]
No issues with ASC here.  What I find hilarious is the 9mm Tavor guys praise their IWI stamped mags as the greatest thing ever. Except for the fact that they are cost about 30$ a pop and have a different logo on the floor plate. They are contracted by ASC and the exact same mags follower ect.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:59:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a few ASC mags
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:42:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a BCP lower too and with ASC mags I have the same problem. Metalform and Brownells (also metalform) mags work fine.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top