Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2017 8:27:30 PM EDT
I'm building a 7.5" 22 pistol and with 5.56 AR barrels being cheaper than dedicated 22 barrels I'm going to use one for the 22 build. Has anyone ever blocked the gas port or should I just put a gas block/gas tube on it? This will be shot suppressed for the most part.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Use an adjustable gas block and close gas setting. Install regular gas block backwards so gas tube hole is to the front. Tap threads in gas tube hole tube on regular gas block for set screw. Weld up the gas tube hole on regular gas block would be cheaper than welding gas port on barrel allowing you to use the barrel later for gas operation.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I've threaded the gas tube hole and used a #10-22 cap head socket screw to plug it and secure the handguard retainer, in the past.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:45:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy the cheapest gas block you can find and install it backwards.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:04:24 AM EDT
[#4]
You can cut the end off of a gas tube and install the hole upside down to block the gas from escaping. That or install the block backwards like has already been posted.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 1:58:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can cut the end off of a gas tube and install the hole upside down to block the gas from escaping. That or install the block backwards like has already been posted.
View Quote
Holy shit dude!   You just have me an idea!

Cut the gas tube off back at the bend.  

Properly install it in the gas block.

Install the gas block upside down.

Mess with people when they look closely at it.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top