Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2017 11:54:10 PM EDT
I'm about to go down the 9mm rabbit hole, I'm not doing another SBR due to the new regulations so SBR of a dedicated lower is out.  I'm building a a small compact light 9mm and I'm trying to decide if the best route would be to dedicated a current SBR lower to a mag block, or  get a pistol mag dedicated lower.  Basically is a SB or shockwave going to be ok or do I need a stock?  I have a shockwave on a 300BO right now and its ok for low volume shooting, but the 9mm will probably get shot a lot so is a brace going to be enough?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:46:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 6:11:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I can shoulder my 9mm PSA upper fine with just a longer KAK buffer tube (designed for the SiG brace) and no shock wave orSiG brace on a PSA dedicated Glock lower... I do have a Macon Armory mag block for use on my registered SBR for USPSA competition... USPSA does not allow pistols to be used in the PCC division... a LAW folding stock adapter with a pistol length buffer tube is about 3/8" shorter than the fixed length KAK tube... the PSA 9mm lower comes with a 5.4oz buffer.. I shoot 146 power factor reloads, and all day with just the tube and possible a rubber end cap might not be that much fun...not bad for a couple of 30 round stages... the blow back 9's have more felt recoil to me than the 5.56 does
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:49:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a couple SBR's but run my 7" 9mm as a pistol with the shockwave brace.  The brace doesn't bother me to use at all and it's probably one of my funnest guns to shoot.  Plus as a pistol I can through it under the backseat of the truck and take it with me when I travel if I want.

I will probably SBR it down the road, when I switch from a mag block to a dedicated 9mm lower though.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top