Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2017 11:43:40 PM EDT
title says it all.

i'm looking for a Glock-style lower that has LRBHO feature.  it will be a suppressed SBR.  a couple years ago, i built a Colt style 9mm AR, but pieced it out because i needed money, but i think a Glock-style is what i am looking for now.

or should i be asking about LRBHO feature in the upper instead of the lower?  basically, i want a Glock style lower and BHO feature.  please help me decide.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:24:56 AM EDT
[#1]
New Frontier Armory
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:13:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quarter Circle 10
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:19:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Oops......double tap
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I went the Glock Lower with LRBHO route, I was very dissatisfied with my experience, the darnn thing worked when I didn't want it to and didn't work when I wanted it to. Some have had very good luck with theirs, I didn't. Macon Armory is working on a Lower w/ LRBHO that looks promising. Other Vendors are also playing with Lowers trying to get a system that works 100%. I gave up and went to a Colt lower and haven't looked back.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Quarter Circle 10 rifle that has been 100% so far. I am agnostic about LRBHO for my application (USPSA competition), but it came on the gun and has not been a problem.

QC10 are also strong supporters of the shooting sports so they get my vote.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 4:29:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

QC10 are also strong supporters of the shooting sports so they get my vote.
View Quote
Yes, and they brought the Block pattern lower to market after DDLES had their issues.
I do need to support QC10 and buy a lower, mine is an older DDLES.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks for the responses.  i appreciate it a lot.

so far i've been looking at New Frontier Armory, QC10 and PSA.

the QC10 looks awesome and so does the NFA.  i'm leaning NFA since i did two 80% lowers for my daughters from NFA.

and one other thing... i will most likely be using a LaRue MBT.  any issues using that trigger with a QC10 or NFA lower?  if so, i might just get an SSA or SSA-E.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

and one other thing... i will most likely be using a LaRue MBT.  any issues using that trigger with a QC10 or NFA lower?  if so, i might just get an SSA or SSA-E.
View Quote
Going to install a Larue MBT in my DDLES tomorrow, internal dimensions are identical
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I never got my DDLES to work with LRBHO.  Otherwise it's a fantastic gun.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a PSA that the LRBHO works pretty poorly.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#11]
ah screw it... i just bought a blem NFA glock lower.  it was just under $115 shipped to my FFL.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:18:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:22:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:23:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Have a meeting later in the week with the engineer at the company that will be doing the actuator part of the LRHO , it is a wire form.....the other piece is laser cut.....lower must be machined, but so far I have it on two lowers (Both Green Swamp Tactical) ...one SEMI one FA with no malfunctions. Gonna install on an NFA small frame  and a QC10 large frame tomorrow.....If I can make the time.....
View Quote
Count me in for testing, and come take my money!
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Where did you get it? I live 5 no s from NFA and they never seem to have any in stock in their retail store....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ah screw it... i just bought a blem NFA glock lower.  it was just under $115 shipped to my FFL.
Where did you get it? I live 5 no s from NFA and they never seem to have any in stock in their retail store....
it was on their website @Wolfpack

https://newfrontierarmory.com/shop/c-9-blem-stripped-billet-lower-receiver-glock-mags/
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:35:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The issue isn't with the lower......it is the bolt.....I have a prototype running with the Larue MBT and over 1500 rounds has been flawless.....have the same bolt running in a FA QC10 as a control to make sure the bolt mod doesn't cause issues with a standard fire control group. So far we have run hell out of it with no problems. Just need to raise the capital to produce a run of them......
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
thanks for the responses.  i appreciate it a lot.

so far i've been looking at New Frontier Armory, QC10 and PSA.

the QC10 looks awesome and so does the NFA.  i'm leaning NFA since i did two 80% lowers for my daughters from NFA.

The issue isn't with the lower......it is the bolt.....I have a prototype running with the Larue MBT and over 1500 rounds has been flawless.....have the same bolt running in a FA QC10 as a control to make sure the bolt mod doesn't cause issues with a standard fire control group. So far we have run hell out of it with no problems. Just need to raise the capital to produce a run of them......
thanks.  i think i read an older thread about it and wasn't sure how it has been playing out.  but it sounds promising.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone try a spikes 9mm lower?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:34:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Just waiting on a couple essential parts I need to finish my 40s&w upper that'll drop on the my finished qc10 lower. Really looking fwd to seeing how well they like each other.

Ive built a few 80% guns so was planning to go with the New Frontier but they were out of stock and about that time qc10 ran a sale on blem lowers and well Sometimes I'm not a patient man.... ;{)
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:11:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anyone try a spikes 9mm lower?
View Quote
Yup...and it has been flawless through all 200 rounds I have put it through...

Ok, so I just built it, but so far it has held open for all last rounds. Spikes Glock lower w/ Spikes slick side upper.

Forgot to mention.....was with an ETS mag.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:16:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Matrix Arms, 500 rounds so far. Locks back every time with Glock and ETS mags.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 10:48:20 PM EDT
[#22]
i got my blemed lower yesterday.  i gave it a full inspection today.  it had a super tiny prick, which was a little shiny, and the inside had a machining burr or something.  nothing that will affect function or let alone be seen after its built.  my toys are for shooting, not safes.  i'm building a pistol, i'll file a form 1 later.  let the building commence!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top