Rail – ALG 15?              101
Charging Handle       20
Hiperfire EDT2               90
Magpul fixed MOE Stock    30
Magpul MOE Grip       20
Total Budget             828
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice work doing both type of those builds, and for doing a write-up on some of what is available.

I'm looking forward to seeing the differences in performance, mostly the JP buffer vs the std AR spring/buffer arrangement.

AFWIW...You should  edit your original post and cut and paste just a few details from the write-up....if allowed.

Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:32:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I added the build lists, but can't add it all in one post.  

So the JP SCS system is nice, however I think it's too heavy and over sprung for light competition loads. Though you can change all this if you want to buy the weights and springs

In the Budget gun I have the Kaw valley 9mm buffer which is heavy and the 308 carbine spring that comes in their kit. Runs good, also tried a tungsten h2 buffer with normal carbine spring and it runs well too. I have the hydraulic buffer to test soon too.

The budget gun does bounce a lot more then the High-End build, it's a lighter weight gun with no comp. I think with a decent comp and some ammo tuning I can work that out though.

I cannot say enough good things about the HIPERFIRE triggers, they are just excellent! If you don't want to spend $200+ get the EDT or EDT2 trigger and you'll be very happy. I really like how the trigger isn't flat and isn't as round as a mil-spec. It's right in between with a good flat across the front which I really like. That's one thing I don't like about the Rise Armament triggers is the rounded trigger bow, though they are a solid trigger for the money.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:03:28 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 on the Hiperfire triggers - I have the EDT2 in my 9mm and a 24E in my 5.56.  Both have been flawless.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 11:06:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Good info. I'm wanting to either buy or build a PCC for USPSA mainly, but also just because.

Do you notice any difference in the barrel quality as far as accuracy etc.?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top