[#2]
How durable is it?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:15:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How durable is it?
View Quote
Based on feel and what I've had to cut, the polymer seems very similar to what Magpul uses in PMAGS and their other accessories.
It's no combat rifle, if I opened it up and fell on it in a ditch then it would probably break... However, all it really needs to function is half of the actual receiver and the grip.
We'll just have to see how long it goes before something fails.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quick update, 15 lb spring and opening up the ejection port seems to have helped, still getting occasional stovepipes with 115s.  I need to pick up some more 124/147 loads to try out before going any lighter on the spring.  But as promised, a quick firing video

Link Posted: 5/7/2017 8:37:05 PM EDT
[#5]
rock on! That's awesome.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 4:40:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Notice the size of the ejection port on the cover. It goes up and back much more.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:59:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/tyyap/Capture.jpg

Notice the size of the ejection port on the cover. It goes up and back much more.
View Quote
Yep, i opened mine up a bit more this weekend, including a little bit of the charging handle.
The real issue is the erratic ejection pattern some Glocks suffer from.
The 15lb spring helped, but it still ejects straight up a good bit of the time, so I've got a 13lb spring and a different ejector coming, and if that doesn't solve it I'll probably try an apex extractor, or reprofile the stock extractor.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:17:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'd say "make a Magpul PDR next, but it would just depress me more knowing it'll never be for sale.
View Quote
You haven't seen his PDR thread already?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:06:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You haven't seen his PDR thread already?
View Quote
Nothing new on that shelf yet, though...

Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Swapped in the gen 4 ejector and the 13lb spring, looks like it likes PMC bronze 115 better than perfecta 115.  Umc 124's run well too.
The perfecta stovepipes were usually between the slide and the front of the cover port, not actually between the slide and barrel.
Sighted it in at 10yd offhand, took three shots and i was dead on, adjusted it down a touch for two more shots so i should be about dead on at 25yd now.
I should have more pictures and videos by the weekend, Cubby dog is getting a hernia fixed Thursday

Link Posted: 5/17/2017 6:33:19 AM EDT
[#12]
If you don't mine, what did you do for the trigger? The airsoft FPG uses a trigger that is hung off a brass tube, and spring loaded to the bottom of the front slide block.   I can see the connector is just a standard glock connector that is unpinned from the factory trigger, and that you are not using a factory trigger.

I'm interested in making my own FPG. My F1 stamp should be back in two months time. Was in the large surge in NFA submission prior to the rules change for Trust.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:56:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you don't mine, what did you do for the trigger? The airsoft FPG uses a trigger that is hung off a brass tube, and spring loaded to the bottom of the front slide block.   I can see the connector is just a standard glock connector that is unpinned from the factory trigger, and that you are not using a factory trigger.

I'm interested in making my own FPG. My F1 stamp should be back in two months time. Was in the large surge in NFA submission prior to the rules change for Trust.
View Quote
The pictures you see of the trigger bar are from before I modified it.  I welded up the front tab and reprofiled it to somewhat match the front tab of the airsoft part.  It needed to have the correct angle on the trigger bar when it was engaging the trigger.  Without doing that, it would droop or bind on the grip pivot pin and be impossible to fire.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:55:04 AM EDT
[#14]
So, are you reusing the airsoft trigger? and mounting it to the smaller diameter trigger pin?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:33:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So, are you reusing the airsoft trigger? and mounting it to the smaller diameter trigger pin?
View Quote
Yes, I used the airsoft trigger.  As far as I can tell, is a cast steel piece and should hold up just fine.
The trigger pin is the same size as the Glock part, but the trigger and airsoft slide stop ride on a brass bushing.
I shortened the bushing to allow the use of a real Glock slide stop directly on the pin and made a new pin from drill rod, since it's longer than the Glock part.
The slide stop and trigger both function as they should.

There's a good bit of pre-travel (will always have that with Glock parts...) but I profiled the front of the trigger bar for very little overtravel and the reset is very short.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Awesome job!
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:53:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Another firing video, ran about 100 rounds through it, let other people shoot it etc.
Had two stovepipes (one on video) where the case was pinched at the front of the cover ejection port, so I'll probably just open it up and flare it a bit on the front side.

Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:02:08 PM EDT
[#18]
bump
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:57:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Love it, makes me want to convert one of these: SRU glock bullpup to a real gun.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 8:01:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Love it, makes me want to convert one of these: SRU glock bullpup to a real gun.
View Quote
Interesting, but if you shoot nose to charging handle you might end up with slide to cheek
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Interesting, but if you shoot nose to charging handle you might end up with slide to cheek
View Quote
It looks like it has all the pin holes for even the rear sliderails and assembly, Would be fun to try as a pistol for awhile.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:23:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It looks like it has all the pin holes for even the rear sliderails and assembly, Would be fun to try as a pistol for awhile.
View Quote
Probably just like the FPG, you'd still have to machine a railed housing for the trigger pack and front rail insert , since they are cast in on a Glock frame.
I wouldn't trust the airsoft front rail section / locking block for the real thing.
The adaptation would likely be even easier than with the FPG, but is it just me or does that thing look to be 3d printed?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:35:05 AM EDT
[#23]
It is 3D printed
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 3:36:27 PM EDT
[#24]
bump
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 2:00:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It is 3D printed
View Quote
That's interesting!  I'm wanting to do a Glock FMG, but could be persuaded to do something like this as well.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Still doing a little tweaking and tuning to get more consistent ejection.  It just dribbles out and still gives me stovepipes with 115gr.
Accuracy is about what you would expect from a Glock with a stock, not bad but nowhere near as good as a pistol caliber AR.
First time at a public range with it, got plenty of funny looks

Link Posted: 7/6/2017 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#27]
bump
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:26:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Still doing a little tweaking and tuning to get more consistent ejection.  It just dribbles out and still gives me stovepipes with 115gr.
Accuracy is about what you would expect from a Glock with a stock, not bad but nowhere near as good as a pistol caliber AR.
First time at a public range with it, got plenty of funny looks

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/devtucker/FPG/IMG_20170620_121255592.jpg
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/devtucker/FPG/IMG_20170620_121839760.jpg
View Quote
Haha, talk about a conversation starter.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:21:16 PM EDT
[#29]
To the OP, what did you put down as Original Manufacturer of Firearm? I left mine blank, and after 365 days of sitting in the queue, got kicked back for "fix".
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 4:29:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
To the OP, what did you put down as Original Manufacturer of Firearm? I left mine blank, and after 365 days of sitting in the queue, got kicked back for "fix".
View Quote
You're supposed to put yourself (or your trust) as the original manufacturer whenever you're building from something that wasn't a Title I firearm.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:46:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You're supposed to put yourself (or your trust) as the original manufacturer whenever you're building from something that wasn't a Title I firearm.
View Quote
This.  Used my trust.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 6:00:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Did you provide a sketch?
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#33]
I hate you and love you all at the same time.  So conflicted.....but at the end of the day, you have some CRAZY skills.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Props OP. Always amazing to see people like you make this stuff work.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Did you provide a sketch?
View Quote
I included a picture like this:

Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#36]
You register it as an SBR or SBR/AOW?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 1:58:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you saying it can be both (SBR/AOW)? I thought it was a either or type of deal?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 2:30:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Are you saying it can be both (SBR/AOW)? I thought it was a either or type of deal?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The few transferable Mk19s are registered as machine guns with a note that they're DDs as well, so there's precedence.  And this certainly meets the definition of both SBR and AOW.

ETA:  thinking about it, this probably doesn't meet the AOW definition since it can't be fired in the concealed configuration.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
ETA:  thinking about it, this probably doesn't meet the AOW definition since it can't be fired in the concealed configuration.
View Quote
It's an SBR only, and this is why.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The few transferable Mk19s are registered as machine guns with a note that they're DDs as well, so there's precedence.  And this certainly meets the definition of both SBR and AOW.

View Quote
Learn something new every day. I might start a thread asking about a few specifics. This shit confused me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Video of a near-miss

ETA: not me shooting, i'm in the background...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWk1mk8D8Hl/
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Oh shit...
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:50:34 PM EDT
[#43]
With the Full Conceal folding handgun that was just released, I imagine it would be slightly easier to make another.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
With the Full Conceal folding handgun that was just released, I imagine it would be slightly easier to make another.
View Quote
Ehhhh, maybe something similar, but it you've already got a shell it won't use anything from that design.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 7:20:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Looking good! Getting the cycling issues with the lighter rounds nailed down?
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Looking good! Getting the cycling issues with the lighter rounds nailed down?
View Quote
Mostly, still throws a stovepipe occasionally with perfecta and pmc, which is what I'm stocked up on...
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 4:06:55 AM EDT
[#48]
How do you like the See-All sight for this kind of application. I have debated one for my 9mm AR pistol, but find I can just shoot front aight only and score decent hits. Just wondering.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 6:53:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
How do you like the See-All sight for this kind of application. I have debated one for my 9mm AR pistol, but find I can just shoot front aight only and score decent hits. Just wondering.
View Quote
If you use a cheek weld it's great. At arm's length it can be difficult to find, like a mini red dot.
I love that it doesn't require batteries and doesn't break the bank
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#50]
So when will you be offering conversion services? :)
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top