Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2017 4:22:43 PM EDT
I have an .22 SBR that I would like to put a Law Tactical folding stock adaptor on. Dies anyone know if this would be possible. The back of the bolt is usually up against the buffer retaining pin, but that pin will not be further back and the bolt extension will not fit in the Taccom bolt.

I don't own any of the law tactical adaptors and I have not seen one in person so i am kind of guessing how this would work.

The only thing I can think of right now would be to attach some sort of extension to the back of the Taccom bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 6:53:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, there's going to be, I'm guessing, 1/2 inch gap between the back of the 22 carrier and the buffer pin.  You could probably come up with some sort of spacer.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Looked at the ACE folding adapters instead? I've got a couple AR22s I would like to add folders too, looking at the ACE stuff myself, can't justify the LAW folders for mine.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#3]
you should be able to machine a flat ended pressure plug to replace the extension plug that fits into the rear of the bolt carrier, just without the "O" ring extension... just duplicate the original without the "plug" part
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 12:44:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered the adaptor and I will be trying to make my own plug. I will let you guys know how it goes. I will post pictures of I am successful.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:22:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I have been shooting an AR pistol with a law folder and a cmmg .22 conversion with no issues or plug needed. So far has ran perfect.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#6]
What holds the forward pressure on the bolt carrier assembly?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 7:03:43 PM EDT
[#7]
The top of the ring of the lower receiver holds it in place...but nothing is holding forward pressure on it (you are correct). Mine works, some can be finicky if they have any forward/aft movement.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I installed the law tactical adaptor last night. It's a really slick system. I really like it.

I haven't shot it yet, but it appears that it will work just fine with my Taccom bolt. The bolt doesn't move in the gun at all, even when I pull the charging handle pretty hard. The back of the bolt must be being held in place by the lip on the front on the law tactical unit.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top