Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2017 3:56:14 PM EDT
I have a 9mm SBR that I use for steel challenges and plinking. Right now it has just a standard AR trigger but I want to upgrade. It also has a CMMG 9mm bolt carrier.  

What is everyone using?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I also have a CMMG 9mm Bolt and I'm using a Mil Spec Daniel Defense trigger, works great, When the timer goes off and I start my run I don't notice if I have a trigger that's a half pound lighter. After my run, of the thousand things that go through my mind, Tigger pull comes in at about 997. In my Humble opinion you can spend $200 on a fancy A$$ trigger and not do any better than you would with a basic Mil Spec, again My Opinion and having spent big bucks on The Trigger of the Month and ended up with a plain Jane Trigger. My 9mm goes Bang every time.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:26:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree about the standard trigger working perfect but I will add that as I'm shooting, I find myself hesitating between shots waiting for how far the travel is before reset.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:51:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't shoot matches, but have changed my AR 9mm and 22lr SBRs to the POF 4.5 pound drop-in trigger. It provides excellent ignition and reset for our shooting.  AIM sells it for $124.95 with free shipping.
AIM
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#4]
ALG Defense ACT trigger from Geissele with anti rotation pins.
He explains all his triggers as well as the Milspec and ACT triggers on a youtube video.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:46:07 AM EDT
[#5]
For a trouble free trigger, as in one that will not have problems resetting, many of us have the Hiperfire 24C.  Single stage...about 2 1/2 pound.  I also run a JP trigger in my first PPC and needed to tig weld .040 bump on the underneath portion of the bolt to make it 100% reliable.  Sorry, but triggers are a big deal to me and many of my friends.  A heavy trigger is just not going to cut it in competition, IMHO.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 7:20:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For a trouble free trigger, as in one that will not have problems resetting, many of us have the Hiperfire 24C.  Single stage...about 2 1/2 pound.  I also run a JP trigger in my first PPC and needed to tig weld .040 bump on the underneath portion of the bolt to make it 100% reliable.  Sorry, but triggers are a big deal to me and many of my friends.  A heavy trigger is just not going to cut it in competition, IMHO.
View Quote
What he said! Great trigger!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:04:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm older than most on this forum, and pretty set in my ways... I have RRA NM triggers in most all of my competition ARs...I don't have a CMMG bolt, but a PSA hybrid in the SBR and a NFA modular in the PCC...
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:25:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Triggers or 9mm builds have been discussed many, many times.

It would be a good idea to actually search out a few of those threads to get more info.

Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:53:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I tried the Hiperfire EDT2 in mine, so far it has been 100% on the 4.5# spring, no issues with resetting. I use the 24E in my 5.56 as well.  Great triggers!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 2:32:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Another ALG Act here.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 3:53:28 PM EDT
[#13]
For a fighting gun I actually prefer triggers like the ACT and Pnt. Just slightly improved mil spec triggers.

If I'm shooting long distance on a bench that's a different story
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 3:54:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another ALG Act here.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a Geiselle G2S in mine. Have a little over 3k rds on it without any issues. Gun is scary accurate now. I call it my 50 yard sniper rifle. Went from a GI to ACT to G2S.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:35:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I really like the trigger that came stock in my American Tactical mil sport 9mm. I don't know what they use, but it is single stage, almost no take up before it drops the hammer. It's not terribly light, probably about the same as a mil spec ar trigger.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:09:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a Triggertech adjustable flat blade. Love it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Triggers are kind of a personal choice.  If you stick with a trigger that has a std. profile hammer, you should have no, or at least fewer, issues.  The further the hammer profile strays from std., the more likely you will encounter problems with it or it just won't work.

There are a lot of rather inexpensive tweaks (springs, reduce takeup, reduce overtravel) that can be made to a mil-spec trigger to improve it.

Instead of spending $100-200 on a trigger, you may want to consider putting that money to better use elsewhere - maybe into a better quality parts, better optic, or a training class.  No offense intended, just options.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 1:04:14 AM EDT
[#19]
FYI.

The simplest, fastest, no muss no fuss Fire Control Group that works in 9mm ARs? Install the 3 below items. I can do it in under 5 minutes.
(Note: The set screw will take out a lot of the pre-travel. Install set screw after installing FCG. Remove the grip. Put selector on safe. Install set screw to the point where the selector will only move with resistance. Put it all back together.)

Depending on where one places the gauge on the level/trigger, pull weight should come in at just under 3.5# to just under 4.5#.

I would also recommend switching from a slotted grip screw to an allen head. (1/4-28 X 3/4)

Trigger/Hammer spring kit $10

PSA Enhanced Polished FCG $30

Set screw  less than $1

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top