Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/24/2017 2:33:46 PM EDT
My form 1 stamp just got approved on my Quarter Circle 10 9mm colt style lower so I'm gonna start getting some parts together.
I've ordered a 5.5in barrel but I'm second guessing myself, thinking I should've gone with something longer since this might limit my rail/hand guard options. What are some good rails for this short of s barrel?  FYI....I don't currently have plans to run a suppressor on this gun at the moment.  

Next question...
What upper?  
I kinda like the Gibbz side charger.   Or should I just keep with QC 10 parts?   Will side charger uppers have compatibility issues with my QC 10 lower and bolt?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:57:57 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are not running a suppressor, then I'd pick a barrel length that maximizes ballistics.  When I was looking at the tables an 8-11 inch barrel range was optimal in my eyes.  In length vs ballistics.  

In that range of barrel lengths I'd pick a hand guard you like and then order the barrel.  Instead of the other way around.  

I have a 3 inch barrel with a pretty much permanent suppressor attached, an 8.5 inch barrel and a 10.5 inch barrel.  They all balance well.  

I looked at the tables at ballistics by the inch.  I did NOT do any testing on my own.  I relied on the data at that website.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I figured at 5 inches, I'm about at the same ballistics as any full size handgun.  I also hear that I'm not gonna get any accuracy gains with anything longer.  Might be nice to have a slight velocity gain with a longer barrel.  
I like your idea a of getting the rail first and picking the barrel to match it.   I screwed that up for this build since I wanted to take advantage of qc10's 20% off sale.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:14:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have 8.5 inch barrels I will Guarantee to feed with a QC10.....the length is specific to using any 7 inch handguard and keeping the muzzle threads outside the handguard. I also have 5 and 5.5 as well. Send me an email if I can help....haven't been able to get the barrels up on the website yet.....
View Quote
Thanks!   I'll definitely keep you in mind!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top